• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types and mistypes

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mm, I think you're ENTP but not exactly like a poster child. At least on here, you give off more of an ESTP persona.

Thanks for the input! Didnt know I came off that way. :) I see you as a sensor too when you post. Although Im no expert.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have been typed every single type at least once, between here and PerC.
I've been a rare INFJ, an ENTJ in an Se-Te loop, IxTP, and a hard ass ESFJ among others.
I think the hardass ESFJ has been my favourite one. Cracked me up for a long time.
I must have strong Fe to have been every type at least once.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
MBTI: The first test I took said INTJ and that is how I started to see my self as INTJ and that has never changed. Many people online said that I am stereotypical example of my type. However tests can give me eNTJ score if I am in the action mode.

Enneagram: 5w6 from the start. However I do relate to 1w9 , 8w9 and 3w4 quite a bit.
What other people think about my enneagram I am not truly sure.

Variant: Sp/So from the start but somehow I feel that I am actually Sp/Sx that was rejected so many times because of some reason and therefore my Sx never manage to manifest. Therefore So instinct was created as a extension of Sp instinct.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I forgot about this.

How much influence do other people have on what types you consider for yourself?
It's usually iterative.

Over the years, a majority of members would agree with whatever I'd thought at the time, no matter what it was. But I'm also suggestible by nature, so whatever I'd thought at the time could be influenced by others.

It's run the gamut, though, so clearly nobody knows what the hell they're talking about. Including me.

Do your friends and family see you differently than forum members?
Not substantially. The only difference is that my disposition -- usually cheerful -- doesn't come across as much here, because I don't slap emoticons everywhere.

It's just weird to type something and convey emotion through more typing. It'd be like saying something in real life like "You know, I think Dan Rather had a point. (I am happy.) But still, there's something odd about his report. (I am skeptical.)"
_

I'm also curious about how others would answer these questions.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tested as INTP, INFP due to the fact that I understand emotions to a degree.

Pretty solid on ISTP, no doubts. Same in socionics. I fit delta quadrant description very well.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
To add, humorously enough, every person I've asked to type me in socionics has said ILI (with one lone ILE). Without knowing much about the system at the time, I was hesitant to accept it as accurate.

Thanks for the input! Didnt know I came off that way. :) I see you as a sensor too when you post. Although Im no expert.

You definitely come off as having a harder edge than typically expected of an ENTP 7. I don't think it disproves anything but it's certainly interesting and notable. Perhaps 8w7>7w8?
:shrug:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Following [MENTION=22264]jscrothers[/MENTION] example and answering these as well

How much influence do other people have on what types you consider for yourself?
I definitely always consider it no matter who it is suggesting. I mean of course they don't know me as well as I do or whatever, but how I appear to others and how they perceive me I would argue is a part of who I am. You could tell me you think I'm an ENTP and I'd be like "Why do you think that????" and listen seriously to any argument you may give. If even one person says "I don't think you're an ISFJ" then I dwell on it for days... well, actually probably never stop fully dwelling on it. :)

Do your friends and family see you differently than forum members?
Definitely. I think I'm meaner to them. :(
Probably because we know each other on a very different, more personal level. I have no problem being more brief and direct with them. I'm also much more willing to be strongly opinionated around them. I guess you could say I'm less of a 9 around them because I don't really care how they perceive me. They get the raw, unfiltered, unedited version of me, which comes off more "rough" than I do with anyone else. My INTP sister understands me pretty well though and she'd agree with my ISFJ typing. If my dad knew anything about MBTI, he'd probably argue I'm more of an ISTJ. Which is funny, because he's an ISTJ and over half of my friends are ISTJs.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To add, humorously enough, every person I've asked to type me in socionics has said ILI (with one lone ILE). Without knowing much about the system at the time, I was hesitant to accept it as accurate.

You definitely come off as having a harder edge than typically expected of an ENTP 7. I don't think it disproves anything but it's certainly interesting and notable. Perhaps 8w7>7w8?
:shrug:

I switch out with my 8 and 7 just like I switch back and forth between my T and F functions. The only constant I have is literally my E and P funtions.

It depends on the environment I surround myself in honestly. Im more intense. Might be because Im young. I cant wait until it settles down.

but yes, Online interaction doesn't do me justice. I dont shine here.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No one really influences my type and I type other as I wish. I won't argue, but I may question.

Those that know me agree with forum. Those that don't have a small glimpse of me

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
MBTI

I have always tested as INTJ. Everyone who knows me well and understands MBTI (granted, a small sampling) identifies me as INTJ unequivocally. The only other suggestions I have ever received have been here: ISTJ, and INFJ.

Enneagram

I have always identified as 5w6 and the opinions of others have confirmed this. They also agree with my SP/SX stacking, though one gave me a link to a set of type descriptions where SP/SO was a better match.

Socionics

I am INTJ in socionics as well, not INTP regardless of the shuffling of types that sometimes happens when converting between systems. Socionics INTP is just not as good a fit at all. That being said, I have little interest in socionics so don't bother to delve into it further.

I take the input of other people, though filter out any bias they may have. I also often think mbti is more useful for those who want to use it to make sense of me or others, so if they want to think of me as type xxxx, I can't really stop them from doing so, but they also may then be totally wrong if they interpret everything I do based on what they think I am. I consider myself what I've finally landed on, though....I think holistically it makes a lot of sense.
People observing you can at best guess your "effective" or apparent type, that is, the way you are interacting in the moment. Everyone uses every function, just not with equal skill, comfort, or preference. This results in the different types. Circumstances may require you to exercise some non-preferred functions, and in these situations, you can easily come across as a different type. Only those who know you well and/or see you in a variety of settings will have reliable insight into your "true type".

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
MBTI
Originally tested as: INFP
Additionally tested as: INFJ, ENFP, ISFP, INTJ, ISTP
Personally considered: INFJ, ENFP, INTJ
Suggested by forum members: INFJ, INFP, ESTP, ISFP, ENFP

Enneagram
Originally tested as: 4w3
Additionally tested as: 9w1, 1w9, 4w5, 5w4, 6w7, 7w6, 9w8
Personally considered: 9w1, 4w5, 5w4, 7w6
Suggested by forum members: 9w1, 4w3, 4w5

Instinctual Variant
Originally tested as: sx/so
Additionally tested as: Everything but sx last I guess.
Personally considered: sx/so so/sx, sx/sp, sp/sx
Suggested by forum members: sx/so, so/sx

Socionics
Originally tested as: EII
Additionally tested as: IEI, IEE
Personally considered: IEI, EII
Suggested by forum members: EII, IEI

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
MBTI
Originally tested as: INTP
Personally considered: [Now] INFP, INTP, INTJ [Past] INTP, INFP, ENTP, ENFP
Suggested by others: INTP, INFP, ENFP

Enneagram
Originally tested as: 5w4 [sp/sx]
Personally considered: 9w1, 5w4, 4w5 [sp/sx]
Suggested by others: 9w1, 5w4, 4w5, 6w5, 7w6 [sp/sx, sx/sp]

Socionics

Originally tested as: LII
Personally considered: LII, ILE, IEE, EII, ILI (Once also SLI and SEI)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People observing you can at best guess your "effective" or apparent type, that is, the way you are interacting in the moment. Everyone uses every function, just not with equal skill, comfort, or preference. This results in the different types. Circumstances may require you to exercise some non-preferred functions, and in these situations, you can easily come across as a different type. Only those who know you well and/or see you in a variety of settings will have reliable insight into your "true type".

I definitely agree. And, what you describe is why I think people have different ideas of me - I can adapt pretty well to different types of people and different settings and jobs. But I landed on ISFP very much because of someone who knows me well shedding light on that, and taking in my life as a whole I think it makes tons of sense.

Null

-
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
MBTI
Originally tested as: ISFP (on MBTI test) and ENFJ (on cognitive functions test)
Additionally tested as: INFP, INFJ, INTP, ISTP, ISFJ (only NFJ on function tests)
Personally considered: Everything mentioned above.

Enneagram
Originally tested as: 9w1 or 6w7
Additionally tested as: Everything at some point to be honest.
Personally considered: 9w1, 9w8, 5w6 (lol at this one), 6w5, 6w7

Instinctual Variant
Originally tested as: Don't remember.
Additionally tested as: sp/so, so/sp
Personally considered: sp/so, so/sp

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know for certain now based on experience/philosophy that I'm some kind of xSTP...but this is not how I began exploring MBTI.

MBTI
Originally tested as: INFJ (11% I, 50% N, 75% F, 1% J. I'd been on antidepressants for a while)
Additionally tested as: INFP, INTJ, ISTP, ESTP
Personally considered: INFJ, INTP, ISTP (Never ONCE did I consider ESTP until someone suggested it; I thought they were ridiculous, until I did something histrionic that proved them right xD; )
Suggested by family and friends: ESTP, INTJ, INFJ
Suggested by forum members: INFJ, INFP, INTJ

Enneagram
Originally tested as: 4w5
Additionally tested as: 6w5, 1w2
Personally considered: 4w5, 4w3, 5w4
Suggested by family and friends: N/A
Suggested by forum members: N/A

Instinctual Variant
Originally tested as: N/A
Additionally tested as: N/A
Personally considered: sp/so, sx/so
Suggested by forum members: N/A

Socionics
Still can't tell the difference between this and MBTI, so I got nothin'. Sorry!

Owtoo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
MBTI
Originally tested as: ISFJ (iirc)
Additionally tested as: INFP
Suggested by forum members:
(this was actually on another forum, I haven't been suggested to be anything here yet)
A certain post of mine: ENFP
My voice: ENFP
First impression: ISFJ
Three photos/Three guesses: selfie: INTP, picture of me taken by someone else: ISFJ, picture of me doing an activity: ISTJ
Picture of me: INTJ, ISTP
Avatar/Profile picture/signature: INFP

Enneagram
Originally tested as: I'm pretty sure it was type 4.
Additionally tested as: Type 7, 9w1, 6w7

Socionics
Originally tested as: EII

Current typing: INFP, 6w7, EII

Herself

MBTI Type
INXX
MBTI
Suggested by a horrible counselor: ISTJ:shock:
Suggested by family: INTX
Personally considering: INFP/INTP

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
MBTI
Originally tested as: INFP
Additionally tested as: INTP, INTJ, ISFP
Personally considered: INFP, ENFP

Enneagram
Personally considered: 4w5, 4w3, 5w4

Instinctual Variant
Personally considered: I've considered every possibility. I have no idea what my instinctual variant is.

Socionics
Originally tested as: IEI
Personally considered: I have no idea.

meme duchess

mein, memeself, and MeMe
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
MBTI
Additionally tested as: INFP, ISFP, INFJ
Personally considered: INFP, ISFP, INFJ, ENFP, ESFJ, ISFJ
Suggested by family and friends: INFP, ENFP, ISFP, ESFP, ENTP
Suggested by forum members: INFP, ENFP, ISFJ

Enneagram
Additionally tested as: 9w1, 2w1, 2w3, 4w3, 4w5, 5w4, 6w5, 6w7, 7w6
Personally considered: 9w1, 2w1, 2w3, 4w3, 4w5, 6w7, 7w6, 9w8
Suggested by forum members: 9w1, 4w3, 6w7

Instinctual Variant
Additionally tested as: so/sx, sp/sx
Personally considered: so/sx, sx/so, so/sp
Suggested by forum members: so/sx

Current Typing
INFP 9w1 > 2w3 > 7w6 so/sx (I occasionally question the order but I'm 99.45% sure numbers are correct.)

BeyondTheGrey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MBTI
Additionally tested as: INFJ, INTJ, ISTP, ESTP
Personally considered: INFP, INFJ, ISTP
Suggested by family and friends: ESTP, INTP, INFJ

Enneagram
Additionally tested as: 5w4, 8w9, 4w3, 6w5, 7w8
Personally considered: 5w4, 4w3, 6w5, 7w6, 9
Suggested by family and friends: 5w4

Instinctual Variant
Additionally tested as: so/sx, sp/so
Personally considered: sx/so, so/sx, so/sp
Suggested by family and friends: so/sx

Socionics
Originally tested as: IEI
Additionally tested as: ILI, IEI,
Personally considered: ILI

Current typing: INFJ, IEI Ni, 4w3 (maybe, the whole idea of constructing an identity feels like nothing more than a game, that doesn't really matter.), sx/so.
I've kept an open mind about this. The whole idea is to be aware of what's out there and at the same time, find some truth in it.

I'll admit I'm still young, got a long way to go when it comes to learning about myself and feeling grounded.