• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Intuitard Moments

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In honor of the idea of the "sensotard moment" which has been floating around on this forum for a few years, here is a thread on intuitard moments.

To help dispel the notion that a sensotard moment has to do with Sensor types who are functionally late in their development, here are two examples of sensotard moments posted on this forum:

My ENTP daughter was playing piano. For some time she was struggling until at last I said to her, "don't you think it'd be easier without that umbrella lying over the keys?" she looked up. "Umbrella?"

I was struggling to read a newspaper yesterday, when my ESFJ daughter came in the room, switched on the light and said "Why are you reading in the dark?" and i was like, "ah, I thought it was more difficult than usual... I was contemplating cleaning my glasses, but..."​

A great example of an intuitard moment comes from a Paul Simon interview:

“I happened to be in a restaurant and there he [Joe Dimaggio] was,” recalls Simon. “I gathered up my nerve to go over and introduce myself and say, ‘Hi, I’m the guy that wrote “Mrs. Robinson,” ’ and he said ‘Yeah, sit down . . . why’d you say that? I’m here, everyone knows I’m here.’ I said, ‘I don’t mean it that way — I mean, where are these great heroes now?’ He was flattered once he understood that it was meant to be flattering.”

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was explaining these lyrics to a friend of mine a long time ago (when Supertramp was a thing), and he said, "But you can't put your hands in your head, stupid!"

Hello? Anybody hear of a metaphor before? No?

SUPERTRAMP LYRICS
"Dreamer"

Dreamer, you know you are a dreamer
Well can you put your hands in your head, oh no!
I said dreamer, you're nothing but a dreamer
Well can you put your hands in your head, oh no!

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Oh wow, is THAT what that sensotard thread was all about?? I've been posting in it thinking it was about moments anyone lacked basic awareness of the environment around them, like knocking into things and walking right into walls or something like that. Well shoot, my own posting in that sensotard thread (on multiple occasions mind you) I guess, would be my Intuitard moment :doh:

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Oh wow, is THAT what that sensotard thread was all about?? I've been posting in it thinking it was about moments anyone lacked basic awareness of the environment around them, like knocking into things and walking right into walls or something like that. Well shoot, my own posting in that sensotard thread (on multiple occasions mind you) I guess, would be my Intuitard moment :doh:

1. That is what the thread is about. What do you think it is about now?

2. The concept of a "sensotard moment" annoys me to no end. I am less aware of the physical world than most people seem to be. According to this forum, all sensors apparently study all aspects of the environment 100% of the time. No. That is not how it works and that is not what it means to be a sensor.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

2. The concept of a "sensotard moment" annoys me to no end. I am less aware of the physical world than most people seem to be. According to this forum, all sensors apparently study all aspects of the environment 100% of the time. No. That is not how it works and that is not what it means to be a sensor.

I'm starting to think no one actually has the same understanding of the functions. It only appears so since similar language is used to describe the functions.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I'm starting to think no one actually has the same understanding of the functions. It only appears so since similar language is used to describe the functions.

I agree with you, but that doesn't really apply here.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I agree with you, but that doesn't really apply here.

I'm talking about the misunderstanding of Se/Si, since you touched on how many people miss the mark on what it means to be a sensor. It doesn't apply to this thread topic, no.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Solid. Right on.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People misunderstanding the pope's "bridge" comments.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People misunderstanding the pope's "bridge" comments.

Can you explain this more? Perhaps the day you wrote this everybody knew what the pope's bridge comment was. Three days later they probably forgot already.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can you explain this more? Perhaps the day you wrote this everybody knew what the pope's bridge comment was. Three days later they probably forgot already.

The pope was responding to Trump's "wall" speech. He used "bridge" not in a literal sense, but rather metaphorically. He basically said that instead of building walls between cultures, we should build "bridges." Some people thought he meant actual physical bridges between Mexico and the U.S.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The pope was responding to Trump's "wall" speech. He used "bridge" not in a literal sense, but rather metaphorically. He basically said that instead of building walls between cultures, we should build "bridges." Some people thought he meant actual physical bridges between Mexico and the U.S.

That is intuitarded. I thought everybody knew that "bridge" is also used metaphorically. Do you have any real examples of someone who seriously thinks the pope wants the US to build bridges between the US and Mexico?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That is intuitarded. I thought everybody knew that "bridge" is also used metaphorically. Do you have any real examples of someone who seriously thinks the pope wants the US to build bridges between the US and Mexico?
Only anecdotal, unfortunately. A coworker of mine who took the pope's remarks out of context.