• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP vs ISFJ

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
They should be easy to tell apart, but I've seen people get confused. Could INFP 9's look more like an SJ? Discuss.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
They can, if they have underdeveloped ne

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I did read something somewhere about how an ISFJ can end up thinking that they are ENFP and/or INFP. If I can find the information, I'll share it.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
OK.

So I found something (it is an a private thingy, so I cannot give you a link).

ISFJs can mistype as INFP/ENFP because, if an ISFJ is a quirky person or is different from others, they will be hyper aware of it. They will notice that they are different/weird compared to others, and since the usual/stereotypical description of type is that those with Fi are different or weird, then they mistype as INFP/ENFP. If a true INFP/ENFP was weird ...they actually wouldn't notice as much as an ISFJ/ESFJ would. In fact, ESFJs and potentially ISFJs can manipulate their "weirdness" because they are good at reading social cues (or at least better at it then an INFP ...despite how "bad" the ISFJ/ESFJ thinks they are at being normal).

Also, ISFJs are typed as 6s often. Being type 6 is already such a complex type ...and only ENFP/INFPs get called out as being complex. INFJs also think they are complex ...but ISFJs have Si-Ne, so they are more likely to mistype as ENFP/INFP.

Also, in today's society ...almost no one is traditional anymore, so we cannot use this "weirdness"/"quirky"/"unique" thing as a basis for typing someone.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Let's bring back this thread...I find it interesting. What is Fi and what is Fe? Really.