• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Se isn't the ultimate action hero function. Here's why.

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
You may think the Se-Doms dominant hollywood when it comes to action movies, but let me point out some of the strengths and weaknesses of the typical action movie Se character.
Strength: always aware if the environment, often good fighters, love adrenaline so they aren't afraid to do crazy stunts like the leap of faith.
Weaknesses: overindulgement, don't take their tasks seriously, often don't see the meaning of clues left by the bad guy.

Now, first off, these strengths apply to any action movie character and the not afraid to do crazy stunts can also be done by the seriousness of Te. Te will do anything just to prove that it can be done and are way more agressive than Se-Doms
Here's how Te makes up for Se's weaknesses:
Te doesn't stop to binge on food, women, or need a hotel to sleep in on their travels.
Te takes their tasks very seriously as long as they are getting paid
Te sees the meaning of things when paired with Ni or Ne.
And my last point is that I often see action heroes in the movies typed as Se because of their daring, action oriented style, but remember that the Se-Doms in action movies are more likely to be those old 90's action heroes that no one takes seriously. I see more of the action heroes in modern movies having the nature of Te (Terminator, Katniss, the guy from taken etc)
Of course, you can't really have an action hero without intuition, due to unexpected clues and the need to anticipate people's movements so you don't get yourself in a weak spot. Therefore the more likely action heroes are a combination of strong Te and intuition (xNTJ, ESTJ, or an ENFP with strong Te or 8 in its enneagram)
This was not meant to insult Se users, as I was referring mostly to the stereotypes you see in the movies, I realize that not all Se users are the aimless and materialistic idiots you see in the movies. The point of this thread was to explain that the action heroes you see in the movies are more likely Te than Se. Batman for example, is Te and if he was Se, he wouldn't have that serious and intimidating tone that mist action heroes have.

rmrf

I've always associated superhuman coordination of superheros (or boss fights) as exceptionally strong Si rather than Se. The mnemonic I use is Se-eing and Si-ght.
Roberta (the maid) on black lagoon is a satisfying depiction of super Si (she's ISFJ). She is known as the Bloodhound for her tenacity

(Violence and language warning)

Gawain

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Se is the ultimate if your favorites are characters like Iron Man and the Human Torch.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
who ever told you Se users are action heroes probably never read a single piece of work from Jung.