• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The relevance of MBTI in different countries

mimikry01

MBTI Type
INTJ
The last time I engaged myself in this topic and I noticed during my research that a lot of sources are from the US. When I google for MBTI information in my native language (I'm from Germany) I find less detailed and more superficial results. The MBTI seems to be quite more unknown here than f.e. in the US. From all the people I talked to about this topic noone have ever heard from it.

So I asked myself if there are significant differences concerning the MBTI between the countries, so maybe some of you guys can tell me. Is the MBTI well-known in your country? Is it used for some things like statistics, selection procedures or stuff like that? Do you guys take them really serious (f.e. that you orientate towards which MBTI you are at possible career choices) or is it just "fun" to see which MBTI you are?

It would be really interesting to hear some impressions of you. :)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you guys take them really serious (f.e. that you orientate towards which MBTI you are at possible career choices) or is it just "fun" to see which MBTI you are?

When I first took the test I didn't really know what it was, and was shocked at how "me" a lot of it sounded (but not all; some stereotypes are just too much) so I looked into it. I just think it's really fun and interesting to learn about, and I like the theory, but I don't really do anything with this information; just collect it for personal enjoyment.