• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why Each Myers Briggs Stereotype is Actually False

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Very concise and it made some good points. Thanks for sharing it.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Seriously. If someone truly understands and listens to another person, he'd know exactly when he'd need to distance himself. Otherwise.. he doesn't understand.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Stereotype: Socially Awkward Robots

Why it is false: INTPs are actually very aware of how others perceive them. If an INTP is avoiding social interaction it is usually because they WANT to, not because they do not know how to be social. INTPs often have strong emotional ties, and have a connection to things that make them nostalgic. They are very capable of deep emotion, and can be very warm towards people they care about. They do not easily express emotions, but they do feel them.

This is true for me, and also something that makes dating difficult. My needs are frequently misunderstood, and it's not uncommon for people to refuse to listen to me and take me seriously when I tell them what I need, rather than assuming that I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm pretty aware of my emotions, but I prefer not to express them except in settings where I feel comfortable. I'm not interested in people who try to draw that out of me without bothering to do the necessary things to make me comfortable. If they go out of their way to make me uncomfortable, thinking I'm too "aspie" to see what they are doing, that's even worse.

I'm loyal, but only to people that I think have my best interests at heart.

CarolineForbes

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is true for me, and also something that makes dating difficult. My needs are frequently misunderstood, and it's not uncommon for people to refuse to listen to me and take me seriously when I tell them what I need, rather than assuming that I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm pretty aware of my emotions, but I prefer not to express them except in settings where I feel comfortable. I'm not interested in people who try to draw that out of me without bothering to do the necessary things to make me comfortable. If they go out of their way to make me uncomfortable, thinking I'm too "aspie" to see what they are doing, that's even worse.

I'm loyal, but only to people that I think have my best interests at heart.

I posted an article from Personality Growth that is "Here's Why You Should Date An INTP" it discusses this in more depth. It basically is just explaining how INTPs are in touch with emotions, just aren't open about expressing them. And why they aren't robots. (I'm actually in a relationship with an INTP so it resonates lol).

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This stereotype refuting article is actually just one huge stereotype, one misconception refutes the other misconception.