• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type is the best romantic match for an ESFP?

Which MBTI type is the best romantic match for an ESFP?

• ESFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • ISTP

• ISFP

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • ESFJ

• ESTJ

• ISTJ

• ISFJ

• ENFP

• ENTP

• INTP

• INFP

• INFJ

• INTJ

• ENTJ

• ENFJ

• ESFP is compatible with every type

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

iHeartCats

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
no
If there is even anything to MBTI and Socionix theories and romantic compatibility, which type you think would make the best long-term partner for an ESFP and why?

I included the poll so that those who are too lazy to elaborate can just push the button anonymously.

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
It really depends on how well developed the two types are. The ideal match for a well developed ESFP is a well developed ISFJ according to theory, but if the SP is of average development, then another SP would be a better choice, however if two SP's date they will eventually grow out of eachother due to themselves being more developed and both will look for an ISJ anyway. This is only the ideal and theoretical approach though, and I think any type can be sucessful in a relatiomship with any type as long as both are well developed and both share the same values and beliefs and are compatible. If you want to find the ideal match for any type, all you have to do is take the dom function and switch the attitude (Ne with Ni, Se with Si etc) the two best matches will be the two types that share the same function, but in a different attitude. I personally think that the auxillary function determines which of the two ideal matches is more ideal by doing the same with the auxillary function (Ne-Fi with Ni-Fe) I'd rather date an INFJ than an INTJ, but I really don't care as long as I feel something for them beyond how they look. This may be a lot of info to process, but you will get it sooner or later, of course the first step in understanding the matchmaking theory is at least understanding the functional makeup of each type.

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
Yeah funny, so an ENFP and an ISTJ are a great match? XD this is the first time I've heard opposite types being considered great matches. Could you please explain the science behind how this works?
the one with all the opposite letters

Cygnus

Yeah funny, so an ENFP and an ISTJ are a great match? XD
Naturalizing your viewpoint and laughing at any criticism doesn't make you look witty. It makes you look like a condescending tryhard.

Flybylikeahurricane said:
this is the first time I've heard opposite types being considered great matches. Could you please explain the science behind how this works?
The closest thing to a "scientific" approach to ideal MBTI relationships is Duality. It's mainly rooted in Socionics but I believe it also functions similarly in MBTI.

Relations of Duality between psychological ("personality") types
This is a list of Duality relationships. Note that this page deals with the Socionic analogs to MBTI personalities so the IJ types will be called Ip and the IP types Ij.
Socionics Intertype Relationships: Dual

If you want the short version: take any personality type, find its four cognitive functions, and invert their order. This will give you the type of your dual. That's your ideal partner.

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
Whoa, slow down there. I wasn't laughing at you, and I didn't know you were critisizing my viewpoint. I just wanted to know how your theiry works. I don't really agree with it though, as I couldn't see myself with an ISTJ. Heck I still have trouble getting along with other SJs that are more similar to an ENFP. I think that an ideal match should have some huge differences, but still have enough common ground to get along, and that's where the functinal attitude switch comes in. Also, I've read the staristics and they say that NFs and SJs have the lowest marriage satisfaction rate of any type. I do not wish to start a debate here, I'm just sharing what I know.
Naturalizing your viewpoint and laughing at any criticism doesn't make you look witty. It makes you look like a condescending tryhard.

The closest thing to a "scientific" approach to ideal MBTI relationships is Duality. It's mainly rooted in Socionics but I believe it also functions similarly in MBTI.

Relations of Duality between psychological ("personality") types
This is a list of Duality relationships. Note that this page deals with the Socionic analogs to MBTI personalities so the IJ types will be called Ip and the IP types Ij.
Socionics Intertype Relationships: Dual

If you want the short version: take any personality type, find its four cognitive functions, and invert their order. This will give you the type of your dual. That's your ideal partner.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Here's my tier list for romantic relation for ESFP

S Tier- ENTJ

A tier-INTJ
INTP

B Tier-ISTJ
ISFJ

C tier- INFP

Everything else Meh

Identical relations never struck me as interesting. Nether does quasi-identical or benefit relations. Kindred and business relations are not that interesting either which would be ENFP and ESTP. Of course, this is my interpretations and only theoretically speaking.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A type that values Fi, which is the ESFP feeling and relationship creating function, and Te which is ESFP's logic reasoning function: IxTJs and ExTJs.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I could get along with any type. I'm the universal blood type :D

But most likely in a long-term relationship is some kind of Fi/Te type, in some order, so xxFP or xxTJ. I could also see myself with ExTP though, we share a lot of commonalities.

I know according to Socionics xLI would be the best bet for me, but I find them rather stuffy and uptight and prefer a freer individual like me.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ, so the ESFP an develop their weaker Ni and Te.
Some people have a preference between introverts and extroverts though.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I usually date other FPs.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I have come across the following:

INTP, INTJ, ISTJ, ISFJ

My bet is ESTJ.

Not really.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's my tier list for romantic relation for ESFP

S Tier- ENTJ

A tier-INTJ
INTP

B Tier-ISTJ
ISFJ

C tier- INFP

Everything else Meh

Identical relations never struck me as interesting. Nether does quasi-identical or benefit relations. Kindred and business relations are not that interesting either which would be ENFP and ESTP. Of course, this is my interpretations and only theoretically speaking.

When a ESFP tries to elicit relations with me, I feel so repulsed. Woah. Is that Fi?

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
INTJ, so the ESFP an develop their weaker Ni and Te.
Some people have a preference between introverts and extroverts though.

That's Socionics's duality rule, yeah. Personally I find INTJs/ILIs arrogant and stuffy, would not want to date one, but that's me.

Igxfl

Split between "Match with Socionics dual" and "Match with same Kiersey temperament", I see.