• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

N/ S and sex

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
I've heard it remarked several times in various places that Intuitives need and want sex on a more frequent basis than Sensors. This detail is mostly included in passing, and in relationship threads. I do know that some standalone MBTI descriptions do include details, such as NT and NF types requiring a greater amount of sexual intimacy than SJ or SP types.

Idiosyncracies of individual sexuality aside, where does this observation come from w/r/t MBTI?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This seems very strange, I've not heard of this generalization before. As far as I'm aware sexual frequency is a highly individual thing, for N's and S's alike.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i don't see any reason that would be true. the one stereotype I've seen repeated a lot is that Se users are more sexual than Si users and that we are essentially prudes :cry:

Permabanned
I've heard N/S ppl that poll the public are frigid and have small penises and are virgins.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's the first time I've heard about this. The stereotype I usually see is the opposite, especially with SPs.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm could it be is that instead of sensors who imagine in the moment we keep imagining what it would be like with that person outside of contact. I could see that's how N's are more horny. Don't know if it's legit though. :flirty:

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^speak for yourself

I can see intuitves approaching sex as a means.

sensors approaching sex as a need.

sexual desire has nothing to do with being N or S though

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've heard it remarked several times in various places that Intuitives need and want sex on a more frequent basis than Sensors. This detail is mostly included in passing, and in relationship threads. I do know that some standalone MBTI descriptions do include details, such as NT and NF types requiring a greater amount of sexual intimacy than SJ or SP types.

Idiosyncracies of individual sexuality aside, where does this observation come from w/r/t MBTI?

but I thought that all of us SP types were supposed to be slutty... :unsure:

I'm so confused now... am I supposed to be slutty or not? Please tell me or my world shall implode! :boohoo:

ok... sorry... was caught up in being dramatic...

don't think it's related to MBTI... I think it's a bit more biological than that with things like testosterone and such. not to mention life events and past experiences with sex and what cultural background you were raised in and so on so forth :shrug:

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
"My girlfriend and I have sex an average of twice a week. I have sex zero times a week and she has sex four times a week." - Dan Mintz

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
Aside from encountering this detail in an MBTI description somewhere, I've also encountered this remark in type forums (the ones that pop up in a Google search, so TypeC and PerC), and usually in the Relationship and Sexuality threads. I remember one thread was about ENTP and INTP types in relationships, and someone piped in with how two NTs would make a great match sexually. Anyway, encountering it there reminded me of its occurrence in the description where I first heard of it.

Anyway, it seems strange that it could be related to typology in any way so that's why I'm asking.

Last edited:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Se will do to the body what Ne can only imagine :devil:....lmao

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Aside from things you've seen that say that intuitives have more sex, what is your reasoning as to why an NF or an NT would require greater amount of sexual intimacy?

Also, it would be great if you could clarify whether you're asking if by "a greater amount of sexual intimacy" you're saying that intuitives require a greater frequency of sexual contact within a given relationship, or if they need a greater variety of sexual experiences (i.e., seek out a higher volume of sexual partners) relative to sensors.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
Aside from things you've seen that say that intuitives have more sex, what is your reasoning as to why an NF or an NT would require greater amount of sexual intimacy?

Also, it would be great if you could clarify whether you're asking if by "a greater amount of sexual intimacy" you're saying that intuitives require a greater frequency of sexual contact within a given relationship, or if they need a greater variety of sexual experiences (i.e., seek out a higher volume of sexual partners) relative to sensors.

I was not, and am not, positing that NF/NT require greater amounts of sexual intimacy. My curiosity/query originates from having read it in the MBTI description. I read the description on a website and not a forum; had it been a forum I would have asked about it there. Anyway, I read it and retained that detail, but then later began noticing same and similar remarks in forum threads, which is, of course, anecdotal. Anyway, the forums reminded me of the description where I first encountered the detail, and it randomly popped into my head today, and now that I'm a member of this here nifty forum I decided to ask away. Hence this thread.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was not, and am not, positing that NF/NT require greater amounts of sexual intimacy. My curiosity/query originates from having read it in the MBTI description. I read the description on a website and not a forum; had it been a forum I would have asked about it there. Anyway, I read it and retained that detail, but then later began noticing same and similar remarks in forum threads, which is, of course, anecdotal. Anyway, the forums reminded me of the description where I first encountered the detail, and it randomly popped into my head today, and now that I'm a member of this here nifty forum I decided to ask away. Hence this thread.

I believe you misread the question. What I was asking was closer to, if you were to speculate as to why that might be true, what would be your guess?

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
I believe you misread the question. What I was asking was closer to, if you were to speculate as to why that might be true, what would be your guess?

It seems odd to me that it could be related to typology. I wouldn't have given it any real thought if I hadn't first encountered this detail in that original description. I'm not sure I can speculate. The closest I can come up with is that there is a greater likelihood of common 'language' between N-types and that language simply extending to the realm of sex. But this hasn't always been true, and compatibility is more intricate than that line of speculation.

Do you have a speculation?

Also, I should clarify that it wasn't being said that intuitives necessarily have more sex. The intimation (in the forums) was that N-types like/need/prefer 'more sex', a lot of it, that in relationships their libidos are greater .... greater than what, is anyone's guess. At the time I did not belong to any typology forum so I was unable to address it then and there.