• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] MBTI and Stereotypes

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
As I'm sure we all know, a lot of MBTI profiles out there are riddled with stereotypes that might give people who are new to MBTI the wrong idea. There are always outliers. However, the thing about stereotypes is, there is usually at least a tiny bit of truth to them. Which is why I have a few questions for all people of all types:

• What stereotypes about your type do you reject as totally wrong, and why?
  • What stereotypes about your type would you generally agree with, and why?
  • If you were to write a short profile about people of your MBTI type, what would you include?

I will compile the answers to these questions to the best of my ability, and use multiple perspectives from each type to try and come up with MBTI profiles as written by multiple people of that MBTI type, using the different answers to try to come to a common ground, and actually address that type's associated stereotypes.

Other things to consider while writing your answers:
  • How sure are you of your type?
  • Do you prefer the dichotomies or cognitive functions when typing yourself or others?
  • How might your enneagram type affect your behavior, differing you from others of your type?