• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Same Personality Types Rub Each Other The Wrong Way?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTJ - I know two people who I think are ESTJ (they haven't been tested). I don't know if they are very indicative of the type though, they both seem extreme Te to me. And they both drive me CRAZY. Really. It is rare that anyone actually affects me like this, but I can hardly stand being around them. I'd go into more but I don't want to rant. :rolleyes:

I recommend the "What do you think of ESTJs?" thread. (There, you can find others who hate ESTJs for the same reasons you do...) Or you could just meet some more ESTJs. Meeting two people of any "extreme" letter that's opposite to yours (like you did) is really all it takes to reinforce your negative stereotypes of their type. I mean, a person's personality isn't entirely defined by MBTI. I'm pretty different from the other ESTJ I know.

Speaking of him... I like him okay, but he only talks to a select group of people, and I'm not in it. I think I do that too, so I understand, and therefore don't have strong feelings against him. Truth be told, I feel like I have a connection with him, because he's the only person I know of my type, besides me. I find myself watching him when I'm around him and seeing how he acts around people, and comparing that to myself. (I hope that isn't too creepy.)

I would really like to meet some other Ns, especially ENTPs, they sound like a lot of fun. Currently where I live I don't know any Ns other than my husband, and it's been a little difficult not having anyone else to talk to/do things with (not that I can't talk to the Ss that I know, but it's just not the same...).

LOL! You're going to meet a LOT of Ns on MBTIc!!!

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Nope. NTs, especially INTPs, irritate me least.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Um yes and no. Half of the ISFPs I know irritate me to no end the other half are amazing. The ones that are really similar to me are boring and it's difficult to connect with them. The ones with really different enneagrams are interesting to talk to because we're not so similar that we can practically read each others' minds which is how it is with me and some ISFPs.

I had an ISFP classmate in HS that irritated me and we were really competetive with each other. We were both artists. The only thing I allow myself to brag about is the fact that I beat her at our school art contest. :D

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I recommend the "What do you think of ESTJs?" thread. (There, you can find others who hate ESTJs for the same reasons you do...) Or you could just meet some more ESTJs. Meeting two people of any "extreme" letter that's opposite to yours (like you did) is really all it takes to reinforce your negative stereotypes of their type. I mean, a person's personality isn't entirely defined by MBTI. I'm pretty different from the other ESTJ I know.
nono I didn't mean that I hate ESTJs!!
The two people I know who I think are ESTJ really have underdeveloped auxiliaries, I certainly wouldn't judge a whole group of people based on them! And I definitely agree that a person's personality isn't entirely defined by MBTI, I mean I really think it would be stretching to say it's actually defined at all. I think of MBTI more as a useful way to communicate with other people. It gives you words for things that otherwise could be difficult to talk about. (Although sometimes I wonder if it confuses things even further...)

So no hard feelings? I certainly don't have anything against you just because I have met some ESTJs I don't like and you happen to be of the same type. We're all unique. People wouldn't be so interesting if there were only 16 differences. :hug:

LOL! You're going to meet a LOT of Ns on MBTIc!!!
I guess that will solve the talking part, now I just to figure out the doing part...

S

Sniffles

Yes I can believe the concept of people of the same(or similar) types getting on your nerves the most.

I seem to get along with most INFJs here, but if an INFJ really gets on my nerves(like Kiddo did) - all Hell breaks loose.

This may explain why the one type that gets on my nerves the most are INTJs, since we're both Ni types - but we direct it in different directions.

Often with INTJs, I could see their point of view, but often scratch my head as to how they ever could come to it. Even when I want to agree with them, I just can't. And it's absolutely worse when I do agree with them(I can't even describe what a weird sickening feeling that is). Not true with all INTJs, but common enough.

I can say similar things about INFPs, another type that commonly gets on my nerves.

unconvinced

MBTI Type
uman
i don't really try to type people very much these days, i did when i first discovered MBTI but i got bored with it and felt that it was kind of like judging people based on race or gender...but anyway, i tend to feel most comfortable around people similar to myself, but i rarely find people very similar to me =(

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I love other ENTPs. They're some of my favorite people. We can talk for hours, I never have to feel like I'm lecturing them, and they always know better than to take me too seriously. :hug:

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I dunno. My ISTJs husband's ESTJ boss drives him crazy. My experience for about five months on the INFPg forum was that after a while it was sameold,sameold. Not enough variety to suit my taste but I don't remember anyone there aggravating me. Pretty comforting, affirming place.

Snowey1210

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not big on the whole "birds of feather flock together" thing. I get along reasonably well with other ENTPs but ultimately it feels like I'm talking to myself, and that becomes kind of grating after a while. Conversation seems to lose it's meaning when you already know what the other person is thinking! lol

G

Glycerine

Well, INFPs tend to scare me sometimes. It's the weird "I'm trying to figure you out and vice versa" I get along great with most but it can get very eerie. To throw people for a loop, I can act very ESFP at times IRL.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I don't think I know that many ENFP (i don't type). But I guess it's safe to say we like being the center of attention and we could very well do without competition lest conflict arises (something we don't like very much).

G

garbage

My ENTJ dad and I get along very well, but he seems to think that I think exactly as he does sometimes, which has caused problems in the past. I can completely understand my ENTJ coworkers and exactly follow their thought processes, but some of them are a bit too decisive and forceful for my tastes.

There are many, many other types that are more difficult for me to get along with than my own.. possibly because I understand it the most.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, but it is funny when I'm with an INTP and ESFP at the same time. I'm subtly derogating the ESFP in a good-natured way, constantly, and the INTP laughs at everything I say while the ESFP is oblivious.

THAT is hysterical!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well i've just realized that my oldest sister and most likely my dad are/ were enfp's too and us three are the most similar and definitely have a special kind of bond...my favorite people...i think.

so...i kinda wish i knew more...i think i like other enfp's a lot...unless they take some of the negative behaviors to the extreme...i can see that sometimes and it bugs me.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It just hit me today, after much observation, that people with the exact same personality type tend to avoid each other and, in general, rub each other the wrong way.

Anyone else have this? Does it make sense?

Nope. I know 3 INTPs irl and love them all. One is my BFF, one is my fav. cousin, another is an ex-colleague and friend I have a lot of respect and affection for. I have found that I understood them on a wordless, effortless level which is comfortable when you go through life mostly banging heads with folk.

Of the people here, I'd say I appreciate other INTPs the most, their humour, their communication style, their generally easy-going natures. I feel like I know where they are coming from (usually). But this is because, as we all know, INTP is the bestest type in the world!

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Of the people here, I'd say I appreciate other INTPs the most, their humour, their communication style, their generally easy-going natures. I feel like I know where they are coming from (usually). But this is because, as we all know, INTP is the bestest type in the world!

Hooray us! I wish I knew another INTP irl. Not one of my friends seems to enjoy pontificating about things I like. It really sucks.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
intp's totally one of my favorites!! i don't know any irl though.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So for the thread title, it looks like some do and some don't...?

My dad is an ISTJ too, and so is a girl I'm friends with. I get along fine with both of them, but not much happens (we just kind of sit there) unless there are other people to carry the conversation.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't know if I know any ISFPs in real life but online, there is one thing that bugs me about them, not giving sensible answers to questions! This annoyed me a bit untill I realised it is exactly what I do all the time. So other than that hypocritical little complaint, I think ISFPs are tops!