• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help. Final "Type Me" Thread

BlakeUndefined

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hello, i took this questionnaire from "Spades" in PerC. Like i typed above, this will be my final "type me" thread. Do respond. MBTI and/or Enneagram.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

NIL.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

*can't access link*

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

I would stay calm. I doubt id go out to see my favourite band perform, but if such an event happens, i wouldn't really care. Id just focus on finding a way to fix the car. I doubt id have any outward reaction, just internal processing. I mean if the car breaks down, what can i do besides trying to fix it? I don't see a need to react.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Sigh, I don't really want to go, but ill go anyway. Simply because I'm stuck with them and also just in case they drink and get tired along the way back.. i can help and take over the the driving.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I wouldn't really care. His claims are his. I believe everyone inteprets everything differently, but when looking at the big picture.. they're more or less the same. Though, id ask him why he thinks of that. Id want to know what made him say that, how his thoughts process etc.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

TBH, theres a high chance that id forget about that experience and just move on. I tend to do that quite a lot.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Values.. hmm.. My values don't really change, they just get... upgraded. I guess the values i had would be internally devised. Based, on analyzing and understanding my surroundings. Everytime i reanalyze the situation i find something new and i guess that makes me rework on the values.. Tho, its not so much about values to me..

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I don't know how people perceive me. Ive seen the way they looked at me, i know i don't belong to my surroundings. I feel like an alien, but those that i actually allow to get close to me, tend to appreciate me. If i could change one thing, id choose be less helpful. I hate working for others. I end up feeling so repressed.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

Well, I take them into consideration when making a decision. I highly doubt my gut feelings or hunches would lead me astray. They're usually triggered when I'm in contact with everything haha like throughout the day, any small event, by looking at people i get this odd thought about them and it turns out to be true. But more so to systems. Its easier when i look at systems and just get it. Like breaking it apart before actually experiencing it, and when i become a part of it, It makes sense and proves that my hunches are reliable.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

um, im not sure. I just hate socializing. If I'm doing anything by myself, i feel energised. Nature does energise me too, but only when I'm alone.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I repress my emotional expression. I really don't think anyone would want to know how i feel and besides, my feelings are mine, I don't really trust them since they're constantly fluctuating, so if theres no consistency, i don't see how it would benefit me when i interact with others.
When interacting with others, I'm extremely careful of their perception of me. While talking to them, i pick up their thought process, the feelings tied to it and at the same time, I'm aware of how the information I'm giving out changes their perception of myself. Its like i have mental maps of each person i come into contact with. All those thoughts happen at the same time. I rarely focus on the conversation itself, more beyond those meaningless sentences.

Took this from Entropic:

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

I face every new event.. well, i would usually react accordingly. I would get anxious and stressed out. Usually id be silent, Id start analyzing the event and the people around me, then react accordingly. I can't really describe an event but i reacted by being really silent and always observing the content of the situation before any input. Though if i had a chance, id rather isolate myself from the world. In a way theres a form of detachment there where instead of focusing on how i feel and think at that moment, I'm focusing of everything else around me.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

When in stressful situations, I tend to get extremely detached. Id use all my energy to focus on something thats worthwhile, something that i don't really enjoy doing, but would help me in the long run, though i would be extremely irritable. An example is studying for exams that just passed. I was stressed out and couldn't stand being around everyone. i did everything to prevent myself from interacting and feeling. Basically, i didn't want to slow down and focus on me. I become very harsh and cold when under stress, but since i isolate myself from people, they don't experience that side of me. I do get reckless and impulsive around people. I tend to spend a lot of time Fantasising in my head, retreating into my inner world for hours, days. I even have trouble sleeping.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

Im rarely in enjoyable situations.. I guess nothings really enjoyable. Its more of whether I'm slightly passionate about it or not. If I'm alone, I would just relax and let my creative juices flow, Id let my emotions flow too without physically expressing it. If I'm around others i let into my life, id get them involved.. if they're around me at that point in time. We're just silent and content. If I'm with a group of people i don't know.... i guess isolation would be enjoyable. I just like to experience enjoyable situations alone.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

I am sociable. I have social skills.. I just hate using them. One to one interaction is fun, but its always about that other person. After a while everyone feels the same. Everyone says the same things. Its always up to me to deepen the conversation. I sorta dislike group interaction. I tend to pick up so much from each person, i just need to focus on the atmosphere. I get more nervous in group than in one to one interactions. One to one interaction can produce depth. Group interactions can bring about a range of topics and actions, but there usually tangents.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

Wellllll, social norms are... I don't really disagree with it, but i don't agree with it too. It takes a group of leaders to create a system that everyone would follow. Whats best for them, may not suit others. I think traditions are BS. Customs too. BS. I think social norms are important as they come in handy when interacting with others. Values, not so much. its subjective. Overall i see people as souls. good or bad they're all grey. They're all the same. All looking for the same thing, all thinking they're different when they just end up proving that they're the same as everyone else. People are boring after a while. After meeting each person, its too easy to manipulate them. I know how to answer them accordingly and i do feel a bit odd at times. Feels superficial, but a necessary one..

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

meh. Authority is useless. I tend to rebel silently, when its just too much. I can understand the need for authority but authority is usually black or white. Its useful if you know how to use it, but if you don't know what to do with it, then you definitely don't deserve to have any authority whatsoever. I guess my response really depends on the situation.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

order and chaos. Im quite orderly. not very, i mean generally I'm an organised person. the small things dont matter.
order is necessary in professional environments. Chaos, well i grew up around it so I'm immune to it. Chaos is necessary at time to show the other people what they've become. Though i dislike it, I tend to avoid it, otherwise Id get really mean, harsh, cold and neglectful.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

I fear being exposed, Helpless. I fear not knowing who i am, but thats secondary. I guess this sent me on a lifelong search for self through actions and ideas, i let my ideas and actions define me, and this has made me a very private and withdrawn person. My thoughts are quite private and so are my emotions, but more for emotions. I don't work towards self-expression. Find that to be too tiring. I just really fear being helpless. not knowing what to do in a situation can really destroy me. I don't think these affect my actions much besides a tad bit of paranoia.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm....INTJ? There's no doubt you're an introvert, you said multiple times throughout the questionnaire that you are more revitalized by spending time alone as opposed to social interaction. You also seem to not be one to "blow up" or feel tons of emotion in one moment, and if you do, you push it aside and not tend to deal with it then, which, I think, would make you a thinking type.

As for enneagram, either a 4, a 6, or a 9, but you already have yourself typed as 4w5, right? That's accurate, I think.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
....... getting an XNXP vibe from this post. Maybe INTP.

Your username sounds familiar, but it's been a spell since I've been on boards; any chance you remember, have I commented on your posts before?