• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cognitive functions test: real life examples of the questions?

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I guess I just come off as shallow? I tried writing blogs on here, but no one responded, so I deleted them. Maybe I should try writing blogs again guys?

I write blogs that people don't respond to. It doesn't mean you're shallow; it just means that people don't always have the time to look through everyone's blogs. I know I don't really read people's blogs.

I don't think you should take down your blogs because nobody responded. Speak your mind! You had something to say. Other people's validation doesn't matter. I put up Instagram photos that aren't so popular, but I keep them there because what matters is that I liked them. :)

DreamBeliever

I write blogs that people don't respond to. It doesn't mean you're shallow; it just means that people don't always have the time to look through everyone's blogs. I know I don't really read people's blogs.

I don't think you should take down your blogs because nobody responded. Speak your mind! You had something to say. Other people's validation doesn't matter. I put up Instagram photos that aren't so popular, but I keep them there because what matters is that I liked them. :)

Thanks. :) I just wrote a new blog now. It's pretty depressing, but it's how I feel today. Maybe I'll try to keep a diary. Who knows, maybe it'll help release my feelings. I actually took down all my instagram photos in frustration a few days ago (Not over people not liking them. Just me being irrational.). I also deleted my fb account. I've been one crazy mofo lately.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Thanks. :) I just wrote a new blog now. It's pretty depressing, but it's how I feel today. Maybe I'll try to keep a diary. Who knows, maybe it'll help release my feelings. I actually took down all my instagram photos in frustration a few days ago (Not over people not liking them. Just me being irrational.). I also deleted my fb account. I've been one crazy mofo lately.

Keeping a diary is such a wonderful thing. It really helped me through some difficult times, and it's interesting to see your thought patterns on paper.

Sometimes I like to drop off the grid for a couple days. No texting/online messaging. It's actually refreshing. Just make sure you don't anything rash (though it's harder in practice).

I hope everything gets better for you. :hug:

(I tried to view your blog, but it said I did not have sufficient access. I thought it was 500+ posts to read everyone's blogs. Maybe one of the mods can explain this to me-- [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] or[MENTION=23115]BadOctopus[/MENTION]?)

wolfy

awsm
Here, I did 19 and got tired...

1. Freely follow your gut instincts and exciting physical impulses as they come up.

Go to the toilet as needed. Even when doing something fun.

2. Offer various unrelated ideas and see what potential they might suggest.

Criticise someones tshirt to see what they do.

3. Determine success by measurement or other objective method such as the time taken.

Measure your 400 meter with a stopwatch

4. Feel inclined to be responsible for, and take care of, others' feelings.

Bake cookies for the get together.

5. Experience a premonition or foresee the distant future.

Get high

6. Notice whether the details in front of you match what you are accustomed to.

Become aware that your partner smells of men's cologne.

7. Be guided by a definition, logical deduction, or other nugget of reasoning.

Clockwise to close, anticlockwise to open.

8. Feel strongly that something is good or bad.

He hated carrots, and by association, rabbits.

9. Compassionately take on someone else's needs as your own.

Brown nose the boss

10. Construct an argument to convince someone using evidence clearly in front of you both.

Make sense

11. Achieve a metamorphosis, definitive insight, or powerful vision of change.

Get even more high.

12. Compare an experience against a storehouse of familiar experiences to find what's reliable.

Think back. The fire was hot, I shouldn't touch it.

13. Remain in touch with what you want for yourself, what motivates you, and what is good.

I like to have my nipples pinched.

14. Apply leverage to a situation to solve a problem impersonally using minimal effort.

Work smart. I got the other guy to do it.

15. Enjoy the thrill of action and physical experience in the present moment.

Had sex

16. Enjoy playing with random interconnections and patterns.

Had sex (again)

17. Recognize and usually adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.

Said hello and smiled.

18. Conceive of a comprehensive plan to maximize progress toward multiple goals at once.

Used a diary

19. Freely enjoy doing what you want for your own personal happiness.

Pinched own nipples

20. Concisely reference multiple frameworks at once while problem solving.
21. Gain a profound realization from a mystical state or sudden release of emotions.
22. Follow steps to ensure tasks are predictable and completed correctly.
23. Engage life's magical moments and meaningful coincidences as they happen.
24. Quickly move to take advantage of immediate options for action.
25. Always remain true to what you want for yourself or others.
26. Analyze and critique what doesn't fit with a well-defined principle.
27. Review a lot of information over time to confirm what is customary or standard.
28. Feel attracted to the symbolic, archetypal, or mysterious.
29. Instantly read visible cues to see just how far you can go.
30. Keep following tangents and new ideas without limiting yourself to one.
31. Follow a straight line of reasoning.
32. Help make people feel comfortable by engaging in hosting and care-taking.
33. Lay out methods for others to complete tasks in time- and resource-efficient ways.
34. Readily communicate personally to all members of a group to feel unity.
35. Fine-tune a definition or concept to support a theory, perspective or framework.
36. Evaluate what is worth believing in and most important to who you really are inside.
37. Weave into the current dynamics of a situation aspects of other, random contexts.
38. Spur action and pull off results simply by making your presence felt.
39. Transform yourself by focusing inward on a specific way you foresee you will need to be.
40. Fulfill the same regular work or activity everyday at a comfortable pace.
41. Merge and feel intimate oneness with other people.
42. Stick to making decisions based on impersonal measures such as points earned.
43. Continually examine if choices harmonize with important beliefs.
44. Take apart something to figure out the principles on which it works.
45. Push your mental limits to complete an array of innovative achievements.
46. Point out discrepancies between how things are and the way they have always been.
47. Trust what emerges from brainstorming.
48. Easily get in sync physically with people and things around you.[/QUOTE]

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Plus, I don't really care. I just want some tangible things to go off of. I've tried about every online test, anyway.
I think the fact that you don't care is a big part of why it seems like a huge favor. Why ask people to put a ton of work into something that doesn't matter?

That plus this is approximately your 1,000th "what's my type" thread, when I suspect most agree that you're an ISFP. You vibe less SFJ by the minute.

Edit: Whoops, Chandler got there first haha.

I guess I just come off as shallow? I tried writing blogs on here, but no one responded, so I deleted them. Maybe I should try writing blogs again guys?
That takes the absolute opposite conclusion that [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] likely intended.

DreamBeliever

I think the fact that you don't care is a big part of why it seems like a huge favor. Why ask people to put a ton of work into something that doesn't matter?

That plus this is approximately your 1,000th "what's my type" thread, when I suspect most agree that you're an ISFP. You vibe less SFJ by the minute.

I meant that I didn't care about their feelings about it. I didn't care that it's a lot to ask (which I realize it is). I did care for answers. You misinterpreted that.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wait, what?
Chanaynay says "you ask a lot of people on the forum, and don't give a lot back".

You say, "maybe if I make a blog and ask people to read it?"

Which is still asking something of people without giving back.

It's not that people hate you. They definitely don't hate you! Don't give up so easily! You have tons of potential. All that you would need to do is ease up on the type-me threads. You make a LOT of them. This thread, for example, would have gone very differently if it hadn't been made for the purpose of typing you. [MENTION=22264]jscrothers[/MENTION] was right that it's an interesting idea.

Pro tip: keep your type questions to one thread. Don't derail others. Try to be mindful of what you are asking of forum members, relative to what you give back to them. Other than that, be yourself, keep doing what you're doing, and you'll be fine!

DreamBeliever

Umm... I don't really think that many people typed me as an ISFP? I only remember 1 or 2 people actually thinking that.

DreamBeliever

Chanaynay says "you ask a lot of people on the forum, and don't give a lot back".

You say, "maybe if I make a blog and ask people to read it?"

Which is still asking something of people without giving back.

It's not that people hate you. Don't give up so easily -- I think you could be an interesting and valuable contributor on this forum. All that you would need to do is ease up on the type-me threads. You make a LOT of them. This thread, for example, would have gone very differently if it hadn't been made for the purpose of typing you. [MENTION=22264]jscrothers[/MENTION] was right that it's an interesting idea.

Pro tip: keep your type questions to one thread. Don't derail others. Try to be mindful of what you are asking of forum members, relative to what you give back to them. Other than that, be yourself, keep doing what you're doing, and you'll be fine!
The response about the blog was to Frosty6226, though? Cuz they suggested I do some writing.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Umm... I don't really think that many people typed me as an ISFP? I only remember 1 or 2 people actually thinking that.
I recall more than that.

This is the last I'll post about your type outside of the actual thread(s) dedicated to it.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The response about the blog was to Frosty6226, though? Cuz they suggested I do some writing.
Last thing, and then I'm done:

This is not the first time that you have missed my point, in a reply. You did the same thing to Chanaynay.

So I'm posting one last request that you re-read our posts and consider what we said.

DreamBeliever

Last thing, and then I'm done:

This is not the first time that you have missed my point, in a reply. You did the same thing to Chanaynay.

So I'm posting one last request that you re-read our posts and consider what we said.

Sorry, it's late, & I need to get to bed. I neglected actually packing for college tonight, even, & tomorrow I'm moving back in for fall semester. I need to try to get rest (assuming I can even sleep). It's probably best for you to just except my apathy & leave it at that. I can't deal with this rn.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear [MENTION=24321]DreamBeliever[/MENTION],

I got to say that these past few who have been telling you this are just honestly doing what they can. I can only give you so much, you can give you so much. It seems like when the answer finally comes it is so final to you. So why not just take life as it is and just naturally keep introspecting about what you do, increase self awareness.

And this is some life saving advice, self-pity is gross and pushes more people off than pride does. If you wallow in self hatred, eventually you'll push anyone from helping you. Humans are not meant to be stuck, when bad things happen, we let go and accept and move on. Don't think life is any easier for me, you, or the other members of this forum. In fact I used to wallow in self pity, and I don't have many friends really.

So move on.

Sincerely,
Forever

Jaguar

People expect others to respond in blogs? I thought they were personal. I rarely go into anyone's blog.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't offer real examples of the statements. The keyboard warriors around here will start screaming about stereotypes.