• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Have you taken the official MBTI test? Do you want to?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
While looking for my Strengthfinders results, I found the evaluation sheet from my adviser who typically administers these tests for all of her undecided majors. My result was INTP which I agreed with at the time. I hadn't learned about cognitive functions yet and I'm sure there was a little Forer going on but it kick-started my interest in personality typology so I still count it as a win.

Has anyone else undergone the official test + interview process? What motivated you to do it? What did you think about the exam, interview, and your results? Were you surprised by anything? Did you agree the assignment? Why or why not?

If you haven't done the above, do you have any interest in doing so? Why or why not?

Gawain

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My story is much like yours. I've taken it officially three times, once in high school and the other two in college. All three times were from guidance councelors who were trying to help me figure out a career path. I'm officially an IXFP. All three counselors said my X might eventually lean one way or the other as I age. As I'm currently living with an ISFP, I'm starting to see enough differences between us to believe that I'm slowly leaning toward INFP.

My type is pretty solid, even with the X. I mean, I got the same result all three times, and even unofficial ones tend to give me the same results. It also kickstarted an interest in personality for me. I can't say anything in it was particularly surprising for me. Though, I am still learning about functions, and sometimes I wonder if my type is correct. But then my "correct" functions will kick in later, and I realize I just forget about how often I use them.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I really wish I could. Maybe someone accredited could finally help me out a little. Though I feel like with all the self-study and research I've done, xNFP is probably accurate.

Is it offered in high schools? If it is, that would be cool.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My story is much like yours. I've taken it officially three times, once in high school and the other two in college. All three times were from guidance councelors who were trying to help me figure out a career path. I'm officially an IXFP. All three counselors said my X might eventually lean one way or the other as I age. As I'm currently living with an ISFP, I'm starting to see enough differences between us to believe that I'm slowly leaning toward INFP.

My type is pretty solid, even with the X. I mean, I got the same result all three times, and even unofficial ones tend to give me the same results. It also kickstarted an interest in personality for me. I can't say anything in it was particularly surprising for me. Though, I am still learning about functions, and sometimes I wonder if my type is correct. But then my "correct" functions will kick in later, and I realize I just forget about how often I use them.

haha, this is cool. the unofficial tests gave/give me intj but I don't see that as "healthy" me. learning functions only confirmed that there's no way I'm ni-dom. I also relate to your "living with the alternate type" situation because it took me having to live with an ESTP for a while to realize that wasn't mine either. Interesting how that works.

I really wish I could. Maybe someone accredited could finally help me out a little. Though I feel like with all the self-study and research I've done, xNFP is probably accurate.

Is it offered in high schools? If it is, that would be cool.

I don't know if they do and to tbh, I don't know where they do them outside of like, counseling and advising type places. after that video, i think it's very safe to count yourself among the NFPs. You could always ask the school counselor if they know how you can take it. just tell them that you're trying to figure out a career and think it would help.

it took me over 10 minutes to make this post make sense. I'm seriously going to sleep now.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I took the real McCoy in college, too. My result was IXFP, about 2% N or so.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I took the official test as a course offered through work and came out as a solid INTP. Not that I doubted it of course.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, but I'd love to.

Think my college probably offers it? I wouldn't exactly be able to use the "I'm X Major" excuse, though.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes. It gave me ENFJ. If I question it again, ever, then screw the whole exercise; I can fall back on my official™®© results.

And official Big Five gave me slight Extroversion, sky-high Openness, high Agreeableness, and moderate Conscientiousness.

Back in the day, I also scored well on those stupid personality screeners for lower-end jobs, because they pretend to value friendliness, virtue, and motivation.

So official tests point me in just about the same direction.