• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Correlation between type & kids with behavioral problems?

DreamBeliever

I must add, that I started working hard on myself in 3rd grade (after making a promise to my grandma to not get in trouble in school). I was a great kid all through middle school & high school (even taking honors & AP classes).

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was a very easygoing, mellow, and sweet little girl. By late elementary school, my Ne started developing, and I become a little more bouncy and quirky. However, I was still well-behaved. Yeah, in 7th grade I tried to be "badass" because I was insecure, so I guess that's the exception year. Once I got comfortable in my own skin, I settled down. I still had an inner fire, though. It manifested in idiosyncrasy. By now, I'm certainly not a troublemaker, but I don't just go through the motions and settle into a life of conformity. If something's messed up, I'll speak out against it. Otherwise, I'm pretty easygoing.

I don't know where I was going with that ramble. But no, I've never had behavioral problems. I don't think there's a huge correlation--there might be, but I don't know. I certainly wasn't the stereotypical ENFP, that's for sure.

This sounds more INFP to me. And I'm the same way.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Nah I wasn't too Ne I don't think.

Just very obsessive and single-minded. I was extremely perfectionist and had trouble switching from one task to another, normally I'd kick off about that. Plus violence, don't forget the violence.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Elementary I was bullied for being a arab, foreigner. So i didnt have many friends. This was post 9/11 though so the bullying was understandable. Once I lost the accent I gained a fee friends. The bullying didnt really stop, i just became oblivious to it.

I was a wierd, hormonal, loud student in middle school. Half the student body found me annoying, the others thought I was wierd. I was friends with the "wierd kids and teachers pets." The teachers loved me. I always stayed after school or class to talk with them or help around the class. I didnt like being home.

Highschool was the same as middle school in behavior. Minus the hormone and add a change in maturity. Teachers still loved me, now even more so. Half the student body thought I was annoying as all hell (didnt find out until college though. I still have the inability to read how people perceive me and blind to underhanded hostility.)

I participated and debated in class. I was always talking or raising me hand. The only thing the teachers didnt like about me was my refusal to do homework. I thought it was counterproductive. I knew the stuff already. I participated like i was supposed to in class.Didnt see the point in review. Drove the teachers crazy. Practically all of them gave me the "great student if only you apply yourself"speech.

I always got away with my wierd loud behavior in class. I never got in trouble. I got along with all my teachers and developed legit friendships with them. I know for sure that teachers gave me passing grades in my report card even though I never did homework. I always ended up with B or C when I should have been failing.

Looking back. I was the favorite student. But I didnt really try. I was just being myself. Teachers and schooling was more interesting to me then the student body. Some people i thought were idiots. But I contradicted myself by always acting like a loud class clown, even though thoes around me knew I was capable of intelligence. I was still friends with the outcasts and black sheep. But we were the type of weirdos that never did drugs and stuff. We just hung around dressed in wierd clothes, poor hygiene, talked about wierd things, wore tails and wigs. Wierd things.

Omg my home life though? Stubborn, hard headed, rebellios, bad habit of finding the perfect people to be friends with in order to piss me dad off. I just thought my dad was an idiot. He told me not to do things because he said so. Or because im a lady and shouldn't act bold. Or not to hang with certain people Because we are arab, and he doesnt know the family. Which to me, all thoes excuses weren't good enough. So of course I loved school. I was a good kid. Loud, obnoxious, idiotic, foot in my mouth. But good. Never got bullied in middle and highschool. I grew a backbone .so after that it was smooth sailing.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was a pretty good kid but talked a lot. Mainly got in trouble for that. Ne Dom.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To be honest I don't think I ever misbehaved at school. As a kid I was imaginative with an inquisitive nature - but highly strung. I spent many hours outside and I was in a world of my own. Now I realize how detached I was from everyone else. My only problems with school was that I was unfocused with a short attention span and found it hard to stop daydreaming, and therefore wasn't listening to instructions or the teachers discussion sometimes. Was this Ne? idk

It made me below average in the class and I realized this, so I made myself read books in order to become more intelligent, even though I didn't understand most of the vocabulary at first. But it worked. My writing impressed teachers and I used my imagination to make up stories for fun. By the time I was a teenager and moving schools, I was far more relaxed and focused. I don't know why that is, but if it somehow connects to cognitive functions that would be very interesting.

That's the best way I can explain my behavior, sorry if that is unrelated to the topic ^-^ anyway, I don't think there is much correlation between type and behavior.

Last edited:

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Throughout elementary school, I received poor grades for behavior. Reading through old report cards is fun----I didn't respect teachers, played around in class, etc. Truth was that I was very bored with the pace of learning. Ni consumed everything the teachers had to offer and inferior Se wanted excitement.

Teachers expected a lot out of me because my 3 older siblings were all extremely bright. But with Si and Te so far down, I wasn't made for the way they taught.

Out of school, I devoured everything I could find. Feed me said my Ni......

Today I suspect they would have diagnosed me with inattentiveness, I guess, but even when I wasn't paying close attention, I could always supply the right answers.

aqua-soul

MBTI Type
ENFP
Being quite young and still in school, I correlate my adolescent issues with my dependence on Ne, and Fi going mental. I generalise everything, jump to conclusions and don't think before I speak (Ne, usually I can deal with it) and then am so hypersensitive, negative, and overly emotional (Fi). I'm losing friends, my mind is foggy and I'm becoming more and more reclusive. This crazy Fi bullshit really needs to be sorted out. It's not fun being an unbalanced teenager.