• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Keirsey's soulmates: ENFJ/INTP

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wish I had luring powers... I don't like taking the initiative, but it totally freaks me out when people I'm not interested in takes the initiative on me.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
When someone describes themselves in the way you did, then it comes across 3x more intense in real life than the way the person writes it.

Lolz...back to square run. Warm milk and a rocking chair next to a crackling fireplace.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I wish I had luring powers... I don't like taking the initiative, but it totally freaks me out when people I'm not interested in takes the initiative on me.

I just realized how much your avatar freaks me the heck out! It's not the picture it's that it moves...ahhhhh!!

So when someone who you're not interested in takes the initiative (in a romantic or even a friendship way) you freak out.

You know you're not interested because of a first impression type thing or what?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wait, wait!

Am I waiting in vain? What am I waiting on? Is it worth the wait?

I don't know.

If he's too closed off to ever trust you, then it is in vain. If he does open up, then it's worth it, regardless of type.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
what if we just knock you down and sit on your chest and stare at you unblinking like a vulture until you comply?

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Sorry just thought of this song...I know wrong thread but...

From the very first time I rest my eyes on you, "boy",
My heart says follow t'rough.
But I know, now, that I'm way down on your line,
But the waitin' feel is fine:
So don't treat me like a puppet on a string,
'Cause I know I have to do my thing.
Don't talk to me as if you think I'm dumb;
I wanna know when you're gonna come - soon.
I don't wanna wait in vain for your love;
I don't wanna wait in vain for your love;
I don't wanna wait in vain for your love,
'Cause if summer is here,
I'm still waiting there;
Winter is here,
And I'm still waiting there.

Like I said:
It's been three years since I'm knockin' on your door,
And I still can knock some more:
Ooh boy, ooh boy, is it feasible?
I wanna know now, for I to knock some more.
Ya see, in life I know there's lots of grief,
But your love is my relief:
Tears in my eyes burn - tears in my eyes burn
While I'm waiting - while I'm waiting for my turn,
See!

I don't wanna wait in vain for your love

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just realized how much your avatar freaks me the heck out! It's not the picture it's that it moves...ahhhhh!!

:laugh:

Look into it. Succumb to it. oooOOOOoooOOoooooo.

So when someone who you're not interested in takes the initiative (in a romantic or even a friendship way) you freak out.

You know you're not interested because of a first impression type thing or what?

In most cases that someone could advance on me, I've already observed everyone. :D So I have information to go on to know if I'm interested. I'm very happy if someone I'm interested in advances, but if it's someone I'm not interested in, I sort of sigh in my mind and check a clock.

However, when someone unfamiliar to me advances, that's already unnerving (I am polite but very distant toward strangers). I don't like being taken aside by people I haven't examined. Once that's happened though, I do try to assess them as fast as I can, and things basically go up or down from there. The less intrigue or endearment that is accomplished in a given amount of time, the more I ask myself "how do I get out of this?". A stranger also has to go much slower than someone I'm already interested in, because I'm still bunkered in and trying to scope them out.

So a stranger still has better chances than someone I've observered and written off, but they have a tough task, I tell you...

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
:laugh:

Look into it. Succumb to it. oooOOOOoooOOoooooo.

In most cases that someone could advance on me, I've already observed everyone. :D So I have information to go on to know if I'm interested. I'm very happy if someone I'm interested in advances, but if it's someone I'm not interested in, I sort of sigh in my mind and check a clock.

However, when someone unfamiliar to me advances, that's already unnerving (I am polite but very distant toward strangers). I don't like being taken aside by people I haven't examined. Once that's happened though, I do try to assess them as fast as I can, and things basically go up or down from there. The less intrigue or endearment that is accomplished in a given amount of time, the more I ask myself "how do I get out of this?". A stranger also has to go much slower than someone I'm already interested in, because I'm still bunkered in and trying to scope them out.

So a stranger still has better chances than someone I've observered and written off, but they have a tough task, I tell you...

I will not succumb INTP! I WILL NOT!!!

Well that I suppose makes perfect sense.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will not succumb INTP! I WILL NOT!!!

You won't last forever. :thelook:

Well that I suppose makes perfect sense.

Does it? It certainly doesn't seem to be how everyone approaches the situation. I feel like most males are far more outwardly aggressive than me.

Sorry just thought of this song...I know wrong thread but...

[Waiting in Vain]

The first version of that song I heard was the Annie Lenox cover from Medusa, that's the one I always think of. :)

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
You won't last forever. :thelook:

Does it? It certainly doesn't seem to be how everyone approaches the situation. I feel like most males are far more outwardly aggressive than me.

The first version of that song I heard was the Annie Lenox cover from Medusa, that's the one I always think of. :)

I LOVE her version. That's why it has "boy" instead of the Bob Marley "girl"...

Yes most males are more aggressive than the INTP's I know. The INTP's I know except for one have all have gone for more aggressive type woman... Only one INTP of my acquaintance made the first move...they've been married for 21 years. I suppose I'll never have an INTP because I am not an aggressive woman...I'll let you know you have a chance but...step up to the plate..be a man and make a move. :) ha! You don't have to be the typical aggressive male but you do have to let the woman know you're interested.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I LOVE her version. That's why it has "boy" instead of the Bob Marley "girl"...

Yes most males are more aggressive than the INTP's I know. The INTP's I know except for one have all have gone for more aggressive type woman... Only one INTP of my acquaintance made the first move...they've been married for 21 years. I suppose I'll never have an INTP because I am not an aggressive woman...I'll let you know you have a chance but...step up to the plate..be a man and make a move. :) ha! You don't have to be the typical aggressive male but you do have to let the woman know you're interested.

Ha! Funny you say this. Anyone I've ever really dated has asked me out.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

...but they some of them are so worth going after (even if they are babies ;)). As long as they reciprocate interest, and don't just leave me to chase them, I wouldn't have much of an issue being forward. But I've been called aggressive by more than one person. :)

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ

YEAH Hitchhikers Guide..umm oh yeah well that's about how it goes with you INTP's. ISTP's are much bolder...if they want you they want you and you know. INTPs might want you and you'll never know unless you ask.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
If people are into the whole FJ/TP match, I think IxFJs are much better with INTPs. They're more patient and probably more comfortable with the pace of the relationship.

ISTPs don't jump at loud noises so they're cool.

ExTPs get a thumbs up as long as there's indemnity insurance on all valuables and breakable items.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I find that I'm the only one ENFJs feel completely comfortable around to open up to. I had this ENFJ girl in my engineering lab who we'd work on problems together. I didn't know her that well, but one day halfway through the lab she just broke down about issues with her boyfriend. I'm not exactly sure why she felt more comfortable with me than most people. Maybe because I said some some really off the wall jokes and trusted her to get them.

Anyway she just trusted me. I'm not the type of person to betray peoples trust. I also don't run away from people if they get emotional as long as they don't take they're problems out on me. That's where I've drawn the line.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I love you to pieces, Jock, me lad, but this statement really frustrates me. That's been my experience with INTPs and for a while it lead me to believe that they were completely incapable of being selective or self-determining. They just took what they were handed and called it "being in love", even when the match was clearly bad or destructive.

I had several throw-downs with my ex about it. I told him if I'd never asked him out, he'd still be with whoever approached him first, something that really bothered me.

Can you explain why this is? I swear I'm not being a jerk. I really want to know.

Also, your robot noggin is very smooth and shiny. Carnuba wax?