• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Keirsey's soulmates: ENFJ/INTP

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
retrospectively (RL of course), I've come to see that my best most comfortable and wholesome in the long run interface has been with two types and one of them is an ENFJ, which I got to know just recently. The INTP-ENFJ combination can really be a great interface where things are intuitively understood completely or not at all in which case a lil explanation clarifies almost everything and without limiting growth. In fact the possibility of well enriched larger wholes and durable sustainable things coming about seems to have a very real & possibly the best chance fro an INTP in an INTP-ENFJ association.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I did the ideal/real test recently that said my ideal type is ENFJ, and my real type INTP. Interesting to think of the ramifications of being with someone whose type you'd like to call your own.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I did the ideal/real test recently that said my ideal type is ENFJ, and my real type INTP. Interesting to think of the ramifications of being with someone whose type you'd like to call your own.

what's this ideal test? is it free?

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
Hummm, so it seems like I need to find me an INTP girl than, where can I find me one of them?

frozenchickensmoke

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Confession of an ENFJ

I'm an ENfJ and I admit to having a 'thing' for INTPs. They really capture my interest, and they're so different, from me, from everyone, really. They have that underdog feel to them, but they're so independent I don't have the urge to help them with anything; just observe and make witty comments. They're also great for debates and friendly competition, and I have a high enough IQ to keep up with the ones I've met. Oh, the intricacies.
And sometimes, when they're confused, they get this look, oh it's so cute. I always think of INTPs as puppies, because they're so playful and they easily entertain themselves. And, sometimes, you can just sit back and watch, because even though most don't think aloud, their thoughts ring loud and clear (Well, to an ENFJ, anyway.) And I love how I can leave an INTP to their own devices while I give someone a pep talk and they won't get fidgety. That's always a good trait for the companion of an ENFJ. And they're rational. If I'm ever overwhelmed, my INTP friends will sit back and laugh their asses off before offering a well thought out, perfectly reasonable suggestion. Or, if they think I can find the answer myself, they'll kind of look around and wait patiently for me to slap my forehead and pronounce myself an idiot before agreeing before summing things up and moving onto the next topic of interest, or getting back to the notes we're supposed to be taking. The INTPs I've met are the sarcastic, unapologetic, corporate twins I misplaced at birth.
And I honestly think 27 Dresses is an ENFJ/INTP romance. :L

frozenchickensmoke

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
And ENFPs do that? I wouldn't have thought it. Not that ENFJs do it, but surprised ENFPs do.

ESFJ/ENFJ - lead with Fe. Why wouldn't they be more prone to outbursts? Better control of that lead Fe?

I know this is really really old but I never saw this and I just HAD to respond. I simply do not understand why people equate Fe with outbursts. What about the positive aspect of Fe the part that takes into consideration how others feel (or at least tries to) the part that would consider the outburst before they did it because they are thinking about the affect it would have on others.

It takes me a long time to have an outburst (generally) when something pisses me off I first think about what I could have done to cause the situation and when I'm pretty much sure I'm not to blame or not the ONLY one to blame then I will talk about it. I'm not a person prone to outbursts at all. When I have them it's rare....they are also not pleasant...but they are rare. In contrast most P's I know especially my ENFP and INFP friends/family are pretty much all about the outburst thing. I always attributed it to having Fi. As far as I can see in my case the Fe paired with Ni makes me so much less likely to have an outburst.

Even the ESFJ's that I know don't have outbursts..they do take things personally ALOT but they'll also stew about it before they get upset. They def handle things differently than I do but they are not prone to outburst the way my ESFP niece, INFP sister/cousin/friend, ENFP friends are. As far as I'm concerned P's do exactly what they want to when they want to including having outbursts. That can be fun..but it can also be exhausting when it's not a happy happy joy joy time.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
MacGuffin...

where are you..need to find out why you think the above..that you thought LAST year.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fe = outbursts when the Fe is violated. Such as when social norms aren't followed. If gentle persuasion doesn't get people back on track, hysterics can result. I see this with my ESFJ mother-in-law. Maybe ENFJs are different. I suspect it has to do with maturity and self-awareness.

ExFPs having outbursts... I don't have a lot of experience with it.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
Fe = outbursts when the Fe is violated. Such as when social norms aren't followed. If gentle persuasion doesn't get people back on track, hysterics can result. I see this with my ESFJ mother-in-law. Maybe ENFJs are different. I suspect it has to do with maturity and self-awareness.

ExFPs having outbursts... I don't have a lot of experience with it.

Nope. That's not right.

SFJs can do this, but NFJs don't care directly about social norms. However if you violate their system of morals they can have a similar outburst. An ESFJ and ENFJ could have an outburst about the same thing, say you were being rude to her friend, but they both would have different reasoning for why they were mad.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nope. That's not right.

SFJs can do this, but NFJs don't care directly about social norms. However if you violate their system of morals they can have a similar outburst. An ESFJ and ENFJ could have an outburst about the same thing, say you were being rude to her friend, but they both would have different reasoning for why they were mad.

agreed... i wouldn't have sported chains and a mohawk in a town of 12,000 rural type people had i cared about getting sideways looks...

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nope. That's not right.

agreed... i wouldn't have sported chains and a mohawk in a town of 12,000 rural type people had i cared about getting sideways looks...

So how do ENFJs use Fe?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i roast marshmellows with it...

we use it to keep others warm and understood...

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ

ExFPs having outbursts... I don't have a lot of experiences with it.

Ok I'm having hysterics right now..I typed up this entire post explaining my experiences with ESFJ/ISFJ/ENFJ and ENFP/INFP and ESFPs. I LOST THE WHOLE FLIPPING POST! I'm having hysterics....I'm flipping out!!!!!!!!! I'm going to walk away from this keyboard and try to recreate it when I return. Thanks for responding MacGuffin.