• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Keirsey's soulmates: ENFJ/INTP

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
In my experience, Ps are usually more laid back. Admittedly, I have most of that experience with SJs.

What kind of P "hates forever"? :shock:

are we still talking about ENFPs v. ENFJs? It's not about laid back or uptight. It's not even about which wants most to influence. It's about the ability to live with differences without castigating the different person or casting him/her as messed up because s/he may think differently.

What kind of P "hates forever"? :shock:

The ENFP will not necessarily mean it, but will think nothing of saying it because they feel like it. They may think differently later (that inconstancy), but not everybody appreciates the outbursts (*raises hand*).

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
are we still talking about ENFPs v. ENFJs? It's not about laid back or uptight. It's not even about which wants most to influence. It's about the ability to live with differences without castigating the different person or casting him/her as messed up because s/he may think differently.

And ENFPs do that? I wouldn't have thought it. Not that ENFJs do it, but surprised ENFPs do.

The ENFP will not necessarily mean it, but will think nothing of saying it because they feel like it. They may think differently later (that inconstancy), but not everybody appreciates the outbursts (*raises hand*).

ESFJ/ENFJ - lead with Fe. Why wouldn't they be more prone to outbursts? Better control of that lead Fe?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
INTP-ENFP is like a time bomb which may or may not have a detonator. Can work.

MBTI Type
ENTP
cwi0038l.jpg

_______________________Fe^ ____________Ti^

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
And ENFPs do that? I wouldn't have thought it. Not that ENFJs do it, but surprised ENFPs do.

:yes: Read MOAR ENFP. I never expected it - I thought the one ENFP IRL was just being her, but more often than not when I read something along those lines and check the type -- voila: ENFP strikes again. Keep an eye out for the more subtle framing of the criticism in terms of "underdeveloped" and "unhealthy". Perhaps we don't have enough ENFJs around here. The ENFJ with whom I'm pretty close IRL rarely does that. He'll suggest something or tell you why he thinks you're wrong, but it is done more diplomatically and sympathetically.

ESFJ/ENFJ - lead with Fe. Why wouldn't they be more prone to outbursts? Better control of that lead Fe?
That may be precisely the thing. Maybe their lead Fe considers the feelings of the other person and modulates their reactions for the partner's sake. ENFPs typically have auxiliary Fi, which is more concerned with how an action feels to them, not other people.

MBTI Type
ENTP
He'll suggest something or tell you why he thinks you're wrong, but it is done more diplomatically and sympathetically.

If he does that without being asked "would you suggest something? do you think I'm wrong?" it's not very accepting, even if he doesn't use profanity.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
If he does that without being asked "would you suggest something? do you think I'm wrong?" it's not accepting, even if he doesn't use profanity.

I have a looser view of accepting. I can accept something while thinking of ways to improve it. This is a far cry from "WTF how could you possibly do/think/say that?!?!?!". i.e.: rejecting.
Besides, because of the long term considerate attitude, I'm more likely to view it as coming from a place of concern for me, not from a simple dislike for the way I've thought of/done something as incompatible with his values.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
how dare you ! you really know how to insult an INTP ! :cry:

Forever - takes - too - long :doh:

15k posts over there...

I (and most INTPs) can't be bothered with grudges. So I'm going to assume you meant "i don't" in your previous post.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:yes: Read MOAR ENFP. I never expected it - I thought the one ENFP IRL was just being her, but more often than not when I read something along those lines and check the type -- voila: ENFP strikes again. Keep an eye out for the more subtle framing of the criticism in terms of "underdeveloped" and "unhealthy". Perhaps we don't have enough ENFJs around here. The ENFJ with whom I'm pretty close IRL rarely does that. He'll suggest something or tell you why he thinks you're wrong, but it is done more diplomatically and sympathetically.

Maybe we should get the ENFPs in here to defend themselves!
:devil:

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Maybe we should get the ENFPs in here to defend themselves!
:devil:

:puppy_dog_eyes:

[terror]Please. Don't call them. I'll be good. [/terror]

What MBTIc needs is a way to search for users/posts by type. :nerd:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
[terror]Please. Don't call them. I'll be good. [/terror]

What MBTIc needs is a way to search for users/posts by type.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!1
OMG HORRIBLE IDEA

LOL!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE SOMETIMES! :ninja:

--JACK

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
15k posts over there...

I (and most INTPs) can't be bothered with grudges. So I'm going to assume you meant "i don't" in your previous post.

:hi: i was talking about concept of "forever", naturally

nervermind, my sublimity is lost on you.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
ENFP IS OBVIOUSLY THE BEST MATCH!!!! :# :hug::cheese::D:yes:

HOW COULD ANYONE LET AN INTP MAKE THE DECISIN FOR THEMSELVES?/??

come ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

--JACK

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
oh lord they got to Jack.

Save yourselves!!