• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Keirsey's soulmates: ENFJ/INTP

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFJs scare me with their intensity, I love their passion and idealism and drive but it's kind of in the way you love a wild animal -

My ENFP sister calls me that a lot. A barely domesticated animal. I'm seeing a theme here.

you can stand and watch for hours, fascinated, impressed, moved, mesmerized even, but you don't want to step inside the cage in case you get devoured. I've only met one (that I know of) of the opposite sex and he kind of made me all gooey, (which is not a good thing, btw, if you're an INTP).

Being devoured is so bad? What if you come out alive? Never total annihilation.

Also, he's the only person I ever felt I wasn't good enough for. I worried I'd end up like Tess, abandoned by her Angel, for being a mere mortal. He really was pretty damned perfect though *sighs*.

:(

Wow, we're on the same page to a large extent.

I still vividly remember a couple months after meeting my current wife ...... having lunch with a great friend. I was discussing "the gal I'm currently dating", and while talking at length about how wonderful she was, I also said "but in a way she scares me and I'm not confident in what I offer her in a relationship." Exact words, I still remember them.

I was literally ready to abandon the relationship because of these fears. That's a damn tough transition for a typical INTP to make .... but from experience, it's worth it (thank God I did).

I've heard this more than once from INTPs.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fact: ENFJs are insane.
Fact: INTPs are curious.
Fact: Crazy mixes with curious.

MBTI Type
ENTP
(3) Once this happens, each partner has a healthy respect for the other. There's also a healthy respect for each other's individuality. But they DON'T want to change each other. I think each personality type is among the types that are most accepting of others.
ENFJs are among the most accepting of others?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, I recall the fear in the eyes of an INTP I dated years ago. It was... alien to me. The fear of losing oneself. I feel nearly impossible to alter, by force or persuasion, at least as far as my "me-ness". It's indelible. It doesn't come off. He was really terrified of losing himself. Good thing I'm not a clingy person. I need space. I think that alleviated some of the panic.

I've never run up against that fear with ENTPs. The ones I've been involved with couldn't assimilate me fast enough. What do you think the difference is? Ne before Ti?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I've never run up against that fear with ENTPs. The ones I've been involved with couldn't assimilate me fast enough. What do you think the difference is? Ne before Ti?
They're louder and less contemplative.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They're louder and less contemplative.

Louder maybe. Less contemplative - you mean they don't think over their next move to the same extent as the I? I just took it for being decisive.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Louder maybe. Less contemplative - you mean they don't think over their next move to the same extent as the I? I just took it for being decisive.
They don't analyze as much. Act more, think less. Slightly more reckless.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They don't analyze as much. Act more, think less. Slightly more reckless.

So according to this statement, an ENTP is an INTP off it's chain?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NFPs. Maybe I've been lucky with the ENFJs so far. The most loudly critical and condemnatory IME have been the Ps.

You'd expect to clash more with the Js.

Hmm... need to figure this one out.

What about INFs?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
"The most loudly critical and condemnatory IME have been the Ps."

That's just the J kids not wasting all their time on the Tubes.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
You'd expect to clash more with the Js.
Really? I know the Js have a rep for trying to change people, but maybe they are simply more skilled at the approach. There may be disagreement, but there's less "that's because you're messed up and for this I hate you forever" as with some Ps. It seems most Js take it less personally. It's mighty big of them. :smoke:

What about INFs?

What about them? The contrast isn't as marked out yet.

That's just the J kids not wasting all their time on the Tubes.
:huh:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really? I know the Js have a rep for trying to change people, but maybe they are simply more skilled at the approach. There may be disagreement, but there's less "that's because you're messed up and for this I hate you forever" as with some Ps. It seems most Js take it less personally. It's mighty big of them. :smoke:
In my experience, Ps are usually more laid back. Admittedly, I have most of that experience with SJs.

What kind of P "hates forever"? :shock: