• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is this Se, Ne or something else?

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I have a really active imagination and I can see whole different worlds with my mind's eye. I've always thought it was my most powerful crafting tool.
But it's when people say things such as "Wow, it must be really cool being able to draw things as you see them in your mind" or "Your dreams are crazy, why don't you draw them?"
that I start doubting its effectiveness.
There are rare cases in which I am able to draw something particularly close to my abstract ideas, but most of the times, in the process of concreting certain link of thoughts, my hands seem to change it all and take the lead, taking me to see a final picture I've never thought of before.
When people watch me as I draw they feel uneasy. They say that it seems like I don't know what I'm doing at all, that my movements are rough and inaccurate and it looks like a total mess until I'm done.
The truth is that I hardly know what I'm doing for real.
I let myself carry on by the flow and correction of mistakes.

Since it's something that happens outside my mind I thought it had something to do with Se or Si, but at the same time my unawareness of the world around me doesn't seem like Se.
Then It also seems like my synesthesia level is a little bit higher than I originally thought it could be and maybe it messes with my senses. (example. I can't watch people getting hurt cause I feel like it's happening to me. Also certain words not only have colors but also tastes. For example the word gluten tastes like green jelly.)
So here I am, doubting my type again.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hmm, this doesn't really go against INFP imo. No need to doubt. :D

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ne or Ni. Ni would be happening more subconsciously, however. All NP types get this shit.

raissaroars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This actually always happens to me.

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
That's cool! I have other NF friends that don't experience it, so I thought they could be another function combination , but I guess even the same types don't experience things with the same intensity :)

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I agree with Chanaynay. This doesn't seem out of the ordinary with an INFP, or any imaginative personality type for that matter.

I've been through some dark times in my past and have battled Depression on multiple occasions, and I've always found that the best way to combat those feelings was to go inside my head and to escape to this inner world that I built over time, and would return to it each time I needed an escape from the world. I would put on the same song on repeat and bring myself back to this wooded forest that was always at night with a bright moon above, and a stream flowing from a waterfall in the distance with a castle of ice that was jagged and guarded, on top, that I could see but never go in. The place is always so vivid and dreamlike, I tried to draw it on multiple occasions but just couldn't do it justice. Personally, I don't think it's anything more complicated than not being able to draw it, at least to the same degree that you can dream of your imaginations.

You're good! No worries