• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dear perceivers, how are you dealing with decision making?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
sometimes i will research a decision, especially if it's important or expensive. but i like demanding other people take responsibility for the large decisions in my life, like what i'm going to eat for lunch.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I'm known for being indecisive. It's not so much the fear of missing out as it is the fear of messing up. I don't want to do anything and everything. I don't want to constantly skip between things for pleasure. I like novelty, but in small amounts. (I like some "breather" time to adjust to the novelty, experience it fully, and then move on to the next thing.) My indecisiveness doesn't manifest as, "Gosh, there's something better just around the corner!" It's more like, "If I don't choose the right choice, I will be negatively affected." I guess there's a little implication in the back of my mind that there's a right and a wrong, even with the littlest things such as cereal. It's funny, though, because I've never thought of myself as someone who sees in absolutes. But upon further reflection, I guess I do. :shrug:

Is the novelty "skipping" and fear of missing out what it's like to be a 7, or a strong Pe-dom?

gromit

likes this
sometimes i will research a decision, especially if it's important or expensive. but i like demanding other people take responsibility for the large decisions in my life, like what i'm going to eat for lunch.

Sometimes you just want someone to make you lunch. Like if i made the mac n cheese from the box, it wouldn't be worth it. But if YOU make it for me, it's sooooo good, it really hits the spot.

I don't get it, but it's true.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm known for being indecisive. It's not so much the fear of missing out as it is the fear of messing up. I don't want to do anything and everything. I don't want to constantly skip between things for pleasure. I like novelty, but in small amounts. (I like some "breather" time to adjust to the novelty, experience it fully, and then move on to the next thing.) My indecisiveness doesn't manifest as, "Gosh, there's something better just around the corner!" It's more like, "If I don't choose the right choice, I will be negatively affected." I guess there's a little implication in the back of my mind that there's a right and a wrong, even with the littlest things such as cereal. It's funny, though, because I've never thought of myself as someone who sees in absolutes. But upon further reflection, I guess I do. :shrug:

Hmm...hmmm...interesting *pulls out my notepad and takes notes*

Is the novelty "skipping" and fear of missing out what it's like to be a 7, or a strong Pe-dom?

Probably overlaps into both.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I research alot and become a subject matter expert on how it all works as well

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tend to do that too. I like to gather info from others too.

I am semi-antisocial so I research online also, don't talk to people much as it's harder to get facts and not opinion. People will leave out what they don't think is important or try to steer you in certain directions.

wolfy

awsm
I am semi-antisocial so I research online also, don't talk to people much as it's harder to get facts and not opinion. People will leave out what they don't think is important or try to steer you in certain directions.

I am pretty social. I like to gather info from people as well as study myself. I like that info from people around me can often be convenient. Convenient in that it is tested and close to where I need to do it.

MyCupOfTea

MBTI Type
INxP
Dear perceivers, how are you dealing with decision making? How persistent are you later? Any thoughts?
I'm horrible at making quick decisions. In a group, I usually suggest every single idea that pops out of my mind even if I know most of them are absurd or useless. Then I hope that someone else makes the decision for me. When I'm alone and have no one to save me from deciding I take it to the last minute until I'm forced to decide. And I hate it!

But if it's something serious or very important to me, I need time to reflect and evaluate the situation in every aspect. I also keep second guessing myself a lot until I get the feeling that I have made the right choice.

Btw, [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION], you're so funny :laugh:

Kas

Fabula rasa
I'm not decisive by nature. However, so are a lot of people I hang around with. I'll end up being the decision maker somehow, which I don't mind because I see it as helpful towards growth. It's just when you go back and forth between where to eat with someone and you pick out a place, and then they say "nah." Rinse repeat, ad neasuem. Wtf....

-ISFP, probably

I end up being the decision maker sometimes too although usually when I have to. Especially in stressful situation or just when I'm tired, I can act then very direct and be more decisive than normally.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well that's hard for me... I can spand incredibly long time at a store deciding which bottle of water is better and when I finally decide I think about changing my mind, because the other water was batter flavoured, but that one seemed to be healther so I can'tt decide and feel like standing there for hours and days. And this happens with all of the minort things...huge decisions at the other hand somehow feel more natural, i don't know why it is that way.