• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and fairy tales.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is not fluff, this is very serious typology. I just realized that I have a tendency to correlate certain MBTI types to certain story book characters.

ENFP - Elves
ESFP - Faeries
ISFP - Unicorns
INFP - Enchanted Woodland Creatures
INTP - Sphyx/Riddler At The Gate
INFJ - Oracle/Witch
INTJ - Wizard/Sorceress
ENTP - Hedge Wizard
ISTJ - Woodsman

And I haven't thought past that. How would you do it? Back up your answers with logic.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm embarrassed to say I have no idea what a hedge wizard is.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm embarrassed to say I have no idea what a hedge wizard is.

Hah, I'm not too sure it's a common character type, I'm not sure where I picked it up. It's a wizard that lives in the country and trained themselves, known to be a bit wild eyed and have uneven and occasionally startling magical results. The fantasy counterpart to the mad scientist.

Disclaimer: I may have fabricated all of this.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is not fluff, this is very serious typology. I just realized that I have a tendency to correlate certain MBTI types to certain story book characters.

ENTP - Hedge Wizard

And I haven't thought past that. How would you do it? Back up your answers with logic.

:nono:

I don't have a low education background.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But is the sphinx the riddle, or the riddler?

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Obviously, if stereotypes are to be believed, ESTJs are trolls who live under bridges and eat people.

Not really, though. ESTJs are more like the knights or dragoons of fairy tales.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Obviously, if stereotypes are to be believed, ESTJs are trolls who live under bridges and eat people.

Not really, though. ESTJs are more like the knights or dragoons of fairy tales.

Who are the dwarves, then? STPs?

Mane

Permabanned
This is problematic... It really depends on the specific settings, and even then you need to keep in mind that not every character of a group is going to belong to that type, more like that is the type that characters of that group are expected to be like. For instance dark elves from forgotten realms (Drow) are very much in ENTJ territory, but Jarlaxle is a notable ENTP and Drizzt is an INFP. The dark elves from the elders scrolls (Dunmer) on the other hand tend to walk the line between ISFJs and INFJs, and much of their religion is a mixture of Ti and Ni, but House Hlaalu will cater for Ps pretty well, while house telvanni will prefer TJs within it's ranks.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Who are the dwarves, then? STPs?

ISTPs are gnomes, obvs.

EDIT: I take it back, they're gremlins and ESTPs are bad wolves. I'm sorry you guys are getting a bad rap, I don't make the rules.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is problematic... It really depends on the specific settings, and even then you need to keep in mind that not every character of a group is going to belong to that type, more like that is the type that characters of that group are expected to be like.

You mean, there's a set of group expectations, but individuals within that group might not conform to those expectations and thus have more trouble fitting in? Like say, you might have a culture with SFJ values and a culture with STJ values.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=22098]Mane[/MENTION] [MENTION=4660]Vulcan[/MENTION]

Oh lord, does everything have to turn into WoW or D&D. We're talking Fairy Tales here. Story book rules are pretty clear, if it doesn't quack like a duck, it's a swan.

Ducks are INFP e9s
Swans are INFP e4s

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=22098]Mane[/MENTION] [MENTION=4660]Vulcan[/MENTION]

Oh lord, does everything have to turn into WoW or D&D. We're talking Fairy Tales here. Fairy tale rules are pretty clear, if it doesn't quack like a duck, it's a swan.

Ducks are INFP e9s
Swans are INFP e4s

What about geese?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The goose that laid the golden eggs?

That was clearly about golden eggs, which is, of course, the fuzzy feelings of an NT. It's a common macguffin.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That was clearly about golden eggs, which is, of course, the fuzzy feelings of an NT. It's a common macguffin.

The thing that the spies are after, but the audience doesn't care?

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
EDIT: I take it back, they're gremlins and ESTPs are bad wolves. I'm sorry you guys are getting a bad rap, I don't make the rules.
No no no, ESTPs are satyrs. Because they're all about drinking and getting laid.

(Okay, I'm done with the typist jokes. They're making me hate myself.)