• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and fairy tales.

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFP: Marzanna
ENFP: Živa
INFJ: Domovoi
ENFJ: Lada
INTP: Gamayun
ENTP: Baba Yaga
INTJ: Zduhać
ENTJ: Triglav
ISFP: Koliada
ESFP: Rusalka
ISTP: Vodyanoy
ESTP: Drekavac
ISFJ: Gabija
ESFJ: Vesna
ISTJ: Veles
ESTJ: Perun

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=22409]Sultan of Beans[/MENTION] The only name I recognize from that list is Baba Yaga. If I remember correctly, she's a witch that lives in a house that stands on a pair of chicken legs.

And the only reason I know that is because of an episode of MST3K where they watched this movie. (It was astoundingly bad.)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP: Marzanna
ENFP: Živa
INFJ: Domovoi
ENFJ: Lada
INTP: Gamayun
ENTP: Baba Yaga
INTJ: Zduhać
ENTJ: Triglav
ISFP: Koliada
ESFP: Rusalka
ISTP: Vodyanoy
ESTP: Drekavac
ISFJ: Gabija
ESFJ: Vesna
ISTJ: Veles
ESTJ: Perun

A list of names that I do not remotely recognize (also besides Baba Yaga, I've read a couple children's stories). I know what I'm doing when I get home.

No no no, ESTPs are satyrs. Because they're all about drinking and getting laid.

(Okay, I'm done with the typist jokes. They're making me hate myself.)

Oh, go ahead, just apparate back to your ivory tower. ;)

Mane

Permabanned
Well in that case...

Unicorns:
Ultimate rainbow shitters, which makes them ENFPs ofcourse. Would explain why so many of them are 7s, if your species had such shiny well hung.. horns... you'd be a bit more hedonistic too.

Elves: kidnap babies, seduce people to get lost in the forest and look hollow from the back, make toys for children in need all over the world (But are too good to make the shoes - leave that to the gnomes), and protect nature and help Frodo destroy the one ring and do all the accounting in hogwarts... Just like INFJs.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I like being Marzanna's type. Although she's drowned every year:unsure:
[MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION] , [MENTION=4660]Vulcan[/MENTION] I love your duck/swan/geese discussion.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTP gnomes
ESTP gremlins
ESTP trolls
ISTP (and some ISTJ) dwarves
ENFJ fairy godmothers
INTP scholarly wizards
ISFJ little red riding hood/little Bo Peep types
ENTJ king/queen (sometimes), also pirate leader

I thought a hedge wizard would be like a hedge witch: someone who practices folk magic - very practical, focusing on common herbs and household items, etc.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
What about Mythology? I mean like Medusa? I mean it would be fun to correlate them to Mythology, too.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What about Mythology? I mean like Medusa? I mean it would be fun to correlate them to Mythology, too.

I agree.

INTP - Apollo
ENFP - Dionysus
INTJ - Athena
ISTP - Hephaestus
ENTP - Hermes
EXTJ - Zeus/Kronos
INFJ - Aphrodite
INFP- Persephone
ENFJ- Demeter
ISFP - Artemis
ESFJ - Hera
ESTP- Poseidon
ESFP- Ares
ISFJ- Hestia
ISTJ - Uranus

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I agree.

INTP - Apollo
ENFP - Dionysus
INTJ - Athena
ISTP - Hephaestus
ENTP - Hermes
EXTJ - Zeus/Kronos
INFJ - Aphrodite
INFP- Persephone
ENFJ- Demeter
ISFP - Artemis
ESFJ - Hera
ESTP- Poseidon
ESFP- Ares
ISFJ- Hestia
ISTJ - Uranus

You know...I can actually see where you're coming from on each one of these. I first looked at Artemus and questioned it, but yeah, I can see where ISFP might be right. Wow. Great job. I also like Hera as ESFJ and Athena as INTJ. I mean that just makes sense to me.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know...I can actually see where you're coming from on each one of these. I first looked at Artemus and questioned it, but yeah, I can see where ISFP might be right. Wow. Great job. I also like Hera as ESFJ and Athena as INTJ. I mean that just makes sense to me.

The interesting thing about the Greek religion is that ancient Greece was an extremely misogynistic society, and yet, they had all these powerful goddess figures. Women in Greek homes didn't even sleep or eat in the same rooms as their husbands; it seems as though there would have been little chance of intimacy beyond procreation. No wonder the men were all into pedophilia.

I wonder if the powerful goddess figures are a legacy of the Minoan civilization. Little is known about the Minoan religion, due to the fact that no one has deciphered the Minoan script, but artwork and artifacts suggest something more egalitarian, or perhaps even matriarchal.

Sunny Ghost

I've always alikened ISFPs to being Hobbit like. Country folk who want to enjoy the land and not get too involved in the lives of others outside their own town.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was told I am like poseidon. So poseidon being an STP could possibly be right.

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know about Persephone , even the cactus die when i'm around.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
The interesting thing about the Greek religion is that ancient Greece was an extremely misogynistic society, and yet, they had all these powerful goddess figures. Women in Greek homes didn't even sleep or eat in the same rooms as their husbands; it seems as though there would have been little chance of intimacy beyond procreation. No wonder the men were all into pedophilia.

I wonder if the powerful goddess figures are a legacy of the Minoan civilization. Little is known about the Minoan religion, due to the fact that no one has deciphered the Minoan script, but artwork and artifacts suggest something more egalitarian, or perhaps even matriarchal.

I've always been fascinated by Minoan culture, wondering about it. But, yeah, the powerful goddess figures is an interesting twist on Greek culture.

I think of Poseidon as being ISTP like.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm embarrassed to say I have no idea what a hedge wizard is.

Bads, my dear. Never apologize for having a life.

Anyways, just stopped by to claim Odin on behalf of Team ENTJ.