• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TV show recommendations for each MBTI type

MyCupOfTea

MBTI Type
INxP
TV shows they selected as a favorite (on OkCupid) more frequently than other types. These aren't necessarily the shows liked by the highest percentage of a given type (which, for each type/gender combination, are consistently Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, House of Cards, and Arrested Development).

I didn't select the shows I thought they would like, this list is based entirely on what people who stated their type (10s of thousands of them) wrote in as their favorite TV shows. The only adjustment was to select shows that are selected an unusually high amount by a certain type, rather than the shows selected by the highest percentage of a certain type. That is, for example, Death Note was selected by a higher percentage of INTP females than people of other types, so it's on the list.

According to this, I should date ENTJ men, then. :holy: Too bad I'm married!

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I actually really like all these suggestions. Except for Star Trek. Ugh.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISFJ: The Joy of Painting
ESFJ: The Joy of Painting
ISTJ: The Joy of Painting
ESTJ: The Joy of Painting
INFJ: The Joy of Painting
ENFJ: The Joy of Painting
INTJ: The Joy of Painting
ENTJ: The Joy of Painting
ISTP: The Joy of Painting
ESTP: The Joy of Painting
ISFP: The Joy of Painting
ESFP: The Joy of Painting
INTP: The Joy of Painting
ENTP: The Joy of Painting
INFP: The Joy of Painting
ENFP: The Joy of Painting

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see how anyone who read the post could be offended since he told us where the information came from.

of course I watch plenty of shows listed under different types, or under male. still interesting data though :shrug:

plus it has to be considered that it's not a list of "infp female shows" it's specifically females who signed up for okcupid and chose to list their mbti type in their profile.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
bored so I bolded the shows I enjoy:

some of these are really interesting because of how they don't really fit the type. like I wouldn't really consider Seinfeld as ISFP-type humor, whereas Drag Race is great for an ISFP. also Parenthood for ISTJ women stood out for me because that show is VERY emotion-based.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJ Females: Lost Girl, The X-Files, Roseanne, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dollhouse

Lost Girl looks kind of corny.
Was obsessed with The X Files and Roseanne.
I definitely want to try Buffy The Vampire Slayer, and Dollhouse looks interesting.

Kas

Fabula rasa
Lost Girl looks kind of corny.
Was obsessed with The X Files and Roseanne.
I definitely want to try Buffy The Vampire Slayer, and Dollhouse looks interesting.

Maybe give a chance Angel instead:)
It was the spin off from Buffy, but I liked it better, it was less high-school, less black/white and the main character is interesting.

Amberiat

Infinity
Hannibal, Dexter, Sherlock, House of Cards, White Collar, Suits and Death Note would be my picks from the entire list. I pretty much love all of these to death. Haven't gotten around to watching The Sopranos, True Detective and The Wire yet, but I'm planning to.

Ponderer

MBTI Type
INFP
Why should females and males of the various types prefer different TV entertainment?

That's a good question. It seems that even when broken down to 16 personality types, gender still plays a significant role. That would make sense since there are plenty of biological differences between men and women -- even in our brains.

Last edited:

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
TIL people have shit taste in TV on okcupid.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's a good question. It seems that even when broken down to 16 personality types, gender still plays a significant role. That would make sense since there are plenty of biological differences between men and women -- even in our brains.
I have always found the influence of type much stronger than that of biology. No one has yet been able to explain how the real differences in biology translate into liking CSI vs. America's Got Talent. Can you? I would say culture, family, peer group, upbringing, and other factors along with type are all much more significant than biology. When taken together, biology is almost lost in the noise.