• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What You Should Binge Watch On Netflix According to Your Myers Briggs (MBTI) Type

Enygmatic

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP here, I never really connected to the characters of HiMYM nor am a hardcore lover of Doctor Who (though I did used to like it).
However I love Scrubs and enjoy Family Guy and like some parts of South Park (ESTP tastes).
The reasoning is pretty good but I'm afraid it doesn't fit me.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I must be ENFP because I am deep into Gilmore Girls lately.

how I met your mother is okay but kinda annoying and stupid at times. not nerdy enough for doctor who.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Though I haven't seen much of Buffy, I've seen a handful of episodes and liked it at the time; I could see myself picking it up on Netflix. :)

Currently (well for a while now) I've been watching Gilmore Girls - really like it. (Have been going back and forth between it and Mad Men, which I also really like) Btw, re Gilmore Girls, many of the girls I work with have watched it / love it, and that includes an ESTJ, INFP, and ISFP; though, it's absolutely super-Ne in nature.

The other shows on the list that I've watched and like are Scrubs, and Breaking Bad (which is probably in my top 5 shows to date)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I did binge watch Breaking Bad this past winter. I had some foot surgery and it was a good way to pass the time. I kind of feel like a doofus for not watching it when it was on but this is not odd. I've never watched a Harry Potter movie or read any of the books.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I haven't successfully binged on a single one of these shows, but Breaking Bad and Spartacus (NTJs) would be my style.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here's what it says about my type:

INTP- The IT Crowd

Kind of nerdy, but absolutely hilarious. It fits you.

Or…

Weeds

A show about a widowed woman who decides to start selling Weed. You can’t go wrong here.

I haven't seen the IT crowd yet but it's on my too watch list.

I have seen a few episodes of Weeds. For some reason I got bored with it.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I have never watched Grey's Anatomy, not a single episode. I binged on Daredevil, Agents of Shield, Merlin, Stargate, Star Trek [all the versions], M*A*S*H and now I'm watching an A&E series called "The Bible." I also love NOVA and all sorts of documentaries.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've caught bits and pieces of Grey's Anatomy (due to other people watching it) and it's not remotely interesting to me.

Of that list: IT Crowd > Archer (though a close second) > Buffy.

The last show I binged was Rectify. I really liked it. (Though technically I didn't binge, since iirc "binging" requires watching at least 3 episodes in one sitting.) eta: Oh! Battlestar Gallactica- I did binge on that when I found it.

I'm currently binging on Wet Hot American Summer. (Big longtime fan of Showalter/Black.)

Passacaglia

What little I've seen of Archer didn't leave much of an impression.

Guess this means I'm not ENTP. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Archer is one of the few shows on the list that I really like, and I'm so not an ENTP.

Also Scrubs!

I have only see a couple seasons or so of Breaking Bad but it got sooooo intense and kind of started to depress me. So I stopped.
Ditto, except I stopped after a couple of episodes. :shrug:

eta: Oh! Battlestar Gallactica- I did binge on that when I found it.
Yes, this list needs New BSG. Oh wait, it's not on Netflix anymore.

...Doesn't matter. List needs MOAR BSG. :)

CarolineForbes

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Though I haven't seen much of Buffy, I've seen a handful of episodes and liked it at the time; I could see myself picking it up on Netflix. :)

Currently (well for a while now) I've been watching Gilmore Girls - really like it. (Have been going back and forth between it and Mad Men, which I also really like) Btw, re Gilmore Girls, many of the girls I work with have watched it / love it, and that includes an ESTJ, INFP, and ISFP; though, it's absolutely super-Ne in nature.

The other shows on the list that I've watched and like are Scrubs, and Breaking Bad (which is probably in my top 5 shows to date)

Gilmore Girls is a great one. I actually just rewatched that lol Buffy is one that i loved since childhood, it's definitely worth seeing.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Mm, I skim through some of these but really am not that into any of them. I can always find some sort of reason to lose interest, too long, too contrived, whatever- after a while most shows tend to go down hill, as they use up their best material and are forced to improvise on old gimmicks. Every show just starts to feel the same, and only good for the graze of cheap distraction.

So the antitype pretty much.

This came out much more negatively than I would have liked... Oh well.

Beorn

Permabanned
How I met your mother - NO NO NO
Dr. Who - YES YES YES

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
FUCK YES ENTP GOT ARCHER! FUCKING LOVE THAT SHOW.

IF you want to know how I interact with people in public. Just look at Pam. Pam is literally me. I fucking love Pam. She is my spirit animal.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So I watched the first episode of Grey's Anatomy. I really liked it, I want to be a doctor (not necessarily a surgeon though) and it's really interesting to see the trials of medical life and drama that can go on. I'm glad you showed this article [MENTION=25765]CarolineForbes[/MENTION]

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wind-up Rex Required Viewing List

The Wire (because that's human required watching)
Black Mirror
Rome
Last Week Tonight w/ John Oliver
The Daily Show
Rick & Morty
Dateline
Scandal
How to Get Away with Murder
Mr. Robot
Peaky Blinders
Spartacus
Archer
Pride and Prejudice (BBC Miniseries)
Eastbound & Down
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Deadly Attraction (A show on Animal Planet about exotic pet owners getting eaten by their pets. It is amazing. Trust me.)
Taboo
No Reservations

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Wind-up Rex Required Viewing List

The Wire (because that's human required watching) - You come at the king, you best not miss... Seriously people, if you have not watched, do.
Rome - Still haven't entirely forgiven HBO for canceling this.
Last Week Tonight w/ John Oliver - I get that it's template is the Daily Show but, John Oliver has come into his own. I highly recommend the IRS show from this season. Plus it's HBO, uncensored is always better.
Eastbound & Down - No one EVER mentions this show so thank you. Can I wear the Scream mask? The mask from Scream... when I do you from behind...
Curb Your Enthusiasm - I heard they may bring this back. I would be happy.
Deadly Attraction (A show on Animal Planet about exotic pet owners getting eaten by their pets. It is amazing. Trust me.) Good. They deserve it.
Taboo - Fascinating
No Reservations - While I love Parts Unknown and always watch, NR is still my favorite.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Deadly Attraction (A show on Animal Planet about exotic pet owners getting eaten by their pets. It is amazing. Trust me.) Good. They deserve it.

It's always the same story, too.

Bob buys a tiger through semi-legal channels when the tiger was just a cub. He raises the tiger as lovingly as possible, and gives him some people name like, say, Jake. Over time as Jake gets bigger there's little incidents here and there. Maybe Jake gets a little mouthy at feeding time, or accidentally knocks Bob's wife over because he was a little too happy to see her. These incidents are played off by Bob who is convinced the love and affection he showed Jake the tiger will supersede millions of years of tiger evolution. Then one day Bob goes out to feed Jake and Jake eats him. This turn of events is relayed as a momentous, unexpected tragedy of a "tiger gone mad" as oppose to a "tiger gone tiger".

Literally every episode is like this.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I binge-watched Person of Interest while on medical leave, seasons 2-4 were incredible (I found S1 a bit boring and repetitive though). It's really great sci-fi masquerading as a procedural, which is probably why CBS is cancelling it after next season.. I think they just put it on netflix.

Issues from the show that strongly drew this INTJ in:
- Does morality "cripple" efficiency in decision-making?
- The line between being a human vs a machine, and human relationships to machines/programs
- Can a machine ever be programmed to be moral?
- Identity as defined by ideology vs in terms of an individual's relationships
- The value of individuals
- Empathy vs ethics and whether one predicates the other
- Whether the world a better place if "antisocial" elements are removed
- How far should we go in the name of security

All through loads of action, humour, and a lot of awesome. Love most of the characters in it too.

Just throwing this suggestion out there 'cause I'm a big fan. :)

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
IT crowd is my favorite show on that list, but then again I work in IT.

Off the list, my favorite series on netflix is Daredevil.

CarolineForbes

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
FUCK YES ENTP GOT ARCHER! FUCKING LOVE THAT SHOW.

IF you want to know how I interact with people in public. Just look at Pam. Pam is literally me. I fucking love Pam. She is my spirit animal.

PAM IS AMAZING! Lol She makes that show. She cracks me up constantly. Just her idgaf attitude.