• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"How Each Myers-Briggs Type Contradicts Their Own Stereotype"

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think the author had a bone to pick with INFJs, but otherwise I think it's pretty good!

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I thought it was pretty good, too, and it's a good thing I like to gnaw on bones. I actually thought the second INFJ "reality" was pretty good. All in all, I liked the article.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am happy any time I get to contradict a stereotype.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yep, ENFPs tend to be pretty withdrawn at times, that's well known. Besides that, I'm chronically on time and I use logic for a living. I guess being an individual and being exceptional go hand in hand.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Stereotype: INTPs are emotionless and socially awkward.

Reality: INTPs are incredibly deep thinkers and correspondingly deep feelers. They are just as capable as (if not more capable than) any other type when it comes to experiencing deep emotions – they just aren’t as keen to express them. In the same vein, INTPs are not socially awkward by default – they are definite introverts but they are more than capable of developing their extroverted intuition to interact with the world around them. Enjoying social interaction and being capable of it are two different things.

It's amazing how many people don't understand this and assume that I'm some kind of awkward clueless person who doesn't understand social games just because I like posting pics of Emperor Palpatine at random-ass times.

I talk to customers. If I was incapable of that stuff, you think I'd still have a job?

I am aware of my emotional states, and I've even come to value them, and it amuses me that people think I don't have them just because I don't show them. That gives me the advantage. :)

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
This was very well done, excellent message and facts.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just based on the way this writer described the "reality" of each type, it makes me
think I'm more ENFP(or possibly INFP) than ENTP.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I guess that was interesting. I'm more impressed by people who take stereotypes super seriously than I am the ones able to acknowledge that individuals have nuanced and multifaceted personalities. The road less traveled by and all that.

I'll just assume I'm not part of the target audience. Also, Barnum Forer bait.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The author did seem to bear a slight bias against INFJs, but otherwise this was a decent, albeit brief repudiation of stereotypes that are all too common.

pluviophile

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
NFI
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mostly, I was curious about what other incorrect typology related stereotypes people have encountered.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've mentioned in the past that I've found that ENFPs as a whole tend to actually be very pragmatic, sometimes to the point of ruthlessness, within their idealist pursuits.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I cant see it, It keeps loading but not actually showing me anything.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
i'm istp but a mechanic and loves sex drugs and rock and roll

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESFJ

Stereotype: ESFJs are shallow and petty, only caring about the latest gossip and who’s dating who.

Reality: ESFJs lead with extroverted feeling, which mirrors the values of those around them. This means that if they are raised in an environment that values education, analytical analysis and personal growth, they will take on those values with a passion. ESFJs are only as petty as the people around them – their natural first instinct is to be supportive and inclusive to a fault.

"ESFJ's are not bitches. But they are overhanging wool coats, completely devoid of any values or interests their own."

Iconoclastic.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'll have to come back to this thread; right now I'm busy meddling in literally everyone's affairs and marching lockstep to social norms without any critical thought whatsoever

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"ENFPs have intuition and thinking as their extroverted functions, meaning they’re much more comfortable posing questions and debating ideas than they are talking about their feelings."

Wow that's something I wish I could have put into words like that.