• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fi vs Ti & Fe vs Te

DreamBeliever

Fi vs Ti & Fe vs Te
Real life examples & explanations. How do they manifest in different positions in the types? How do you personally use these functions?

á´…eparted

passages
I relate to both Fe and Te very strongly. Ultimately though, what I use is Fe. It's more that I understand how and why Te works well in others, even if I don't get the minutia of it. So long as the other Te person isn't against or out of alignment with me, we work well together.

Both of them are directed towards plans, function, group dynamics, right/wrong, getting to the goal, and being productive. The best way I delineate them is Fe works with subjectivity, where as Te works with objectivity.

Neither is better than the other, and they aim for the same things, but what the work with while similar, is quite different. I definitely work with subjectivity and I have no problem with it. Granted, there are some areas I demand objectivity as that's how you must be to make something right, but I'm speaking in more of a general sense. This is most apparent when dealing with other people. With me, Fe leads me to see the "flow" of groups of people, how they relate, move, and work. I consider this information to be vitally important and it happens automatically. Te doesn't do that. While it recognizes group dynamics just as well, it does so in a more objective pragmatic manner. There has to be an explicit purpose and use that can be defined and worked with clearly. You won't often find them saying something like "the quality of this persons presence leads others to feel x". It's simply unimportant.

Fe is also more indirect with things. It doesn't have to be linear, and is ok with the messiness of the social world and interactions. There is an unspoken pattern to it. To Te, this is just confusing and a distraction. To Te being direct and straight forwards cuts through the bullshit and gets to the heart of the matter much more quickly and cleanly.

I ultimately define it as this:

Fe: Subjectively analyze objective information
Te: Objectively analyze objective information

VagrantFarce

Quick 'n messy:

• Te is about measuring, quantifying and ultimately exploiting the world, regardless of value or import. Like a shopkeeper trying to make 10 sales a day so he can break even.
  • Fe is about finding and enforcing ways that people can be expressive and relate to each other, regardless of what any one person is seeking to understand. Like a great actor moving an audience to tears.
  • Ti is about understanding the world for yourself, regardless of how people might feel about it. Like being curious as to how to break into someone's computer, even if it's disrespectful to breach that boundary.
  • Fi is about cultivating your own values, regardless of practicality or responsibility. Like wanting to quit a well-paying job that feels soulless, even if it's financially irresponsible to do so.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fe wants nothing more than to oppress and silence Fi. Case closed

DreamBeliever

I don't get it. If you're an INTP, doesn't that mean you use Fe? Are you saying you prefer to be around Fi users? Please don't bring in statements you can't or don't back up. Unless you're joking?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't get it. If you're an INTP, doesn't that mean you use Fe? Are you saying you prefer to be around Fi users? Please don't bring in statements you can't or don't back up. Unless you're joking?

Yes, it was a joke.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf

How true. Nice insight.

edit: realized you were joking. I wasn't though. Your wording was overdramatic, that's a certainty, but the message of it as I understood it rang true.

DreamBeliever

How true. Nice insight.

edit: realized you were joking. I wasn't though. Your wording was overdramatic, that's a certainty, but the message of it as I understood it rang true.
I'm curious as to what you mean by this, especially since you are an Fe user, too. Is it that you see it as less authentic? That it imposes social rules? Or..?

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
I'm curious as to what you mean by this, especially since you are an Fe user, too. Is it that you see it as less authentic? That it imposes social rules? Or..?

I thought Vulcan's post was meant to favor Fe over Fi, as if the silencing and such was a positive. Anyway point is I've ranked every function in descending order from my least favorite to favorite, and Fi comes in 7th place instead of last because of how vivid and moving it can be, but misses places 6 to 1 for how dangerous and useless it can alternatively be. Fe fills the 6th place spot.

DreamBeliever

I thought Vulcan's post was meant to favor Fe over Fi, as if the silencing and such was a positive. Anyway point is I've ranked every function in descending order from my least favorite to favorite, and Fi comes in 7th place instead of last because of how vivid and moving it can be, but misses places 6 to 1 for how dangerous and useless it can alternatively be. Fe fills the 6th place spot.

Thanks for clearing that up. That definitely wasn't how others on here were looking at it. Out of interest, where did you place the other functions?

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Thanks for clearing that up. That definitely wasn't how others on here were looking at it. Out of interest, where did you place the other functions?

8. Ne
5. Te
4. Ti
3. Si
2. Se
1. Ni

Criteria: general personal preferences/ relateability/ admirability/ usefulness/ impact on society. All have their strong and weak points in just about equal proportions, but the preceding factors crudely averaged up is what crated "the list".