• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] The Dom-Tert Loop Theory Is False

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There is no theory. Theories predict things. Jungian function "loops" are post-hoc descriptions, not theories.

All Jungian function "theory" is nothing but descriptions, not theories. This is by design. It is not a "flawed theory". Typologies are not "theories". Typologies are precursors to theory, not theories in and of themselves.

Example: describing and labeling species is a typology that is a precursor to the theory of evolution and the theory of genetics.

(I don't usually harp on these points, because it gets in the way of discussing typology. Usually the points I am make about typology don't change whether one considers typology to be a "real theory". In this case, it does make a difference.)

Criterion: a "theory" needs to make a falsifiable prediction. Descriptions cannot be falsified.

Jaguar

Is this part of a Fi-Si loop?

"I'm done talking. Talking has got me nowhere. Reason has got me nowhere. Making the best music and poetry and art on the planet against these cave dwellers has got me nowhere. I'm ready to take up my sword. Fact is I started shit with an assole with a big truck and a big flag today, and it ain't gonna end until one of us is dead. The last thing that motherfucker is going to hear before I slit him ear to ear is that his soul is going to leave his body out of his asshole and won't be more than a fart in the cold void of hell."

What is this nonsense - picking a random quote from someone and assigning function-attitudes as the cause? Ridiculous.
I'm off to watch TV. What loop am I in? Surely I am in a loop de loop of some kind. *laughs*