• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ni or Si

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
Things like that happen A LOT. But it's hard to spot it.

My friend said "This motivates me haha.
1437509787679.jpg

I instantly assumed it's either a chart of how someone lost weight, or possibly bitcoins price drop - decrease motivates him.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Looks like Te?
Perceiving functions are much more ethereal than data charts. Si is connected to nostalgia and Ni to intuition and imagination. Perceiving functions create experience that is most difficult to put into words, and so they aren't really about definable facts and tidbits of knowledge. Both Si and Ni are like a dream, but one is a dream of what has been and the other a dream of what will be.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Is it more Si when you look back at what happened before and Ni when we predict what will happen? Our perception and use of trends.

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
Looks like Te?
Perceiving functions are much more ethereal than data charts. Si is connected to nostalgia and Ni to intuition and imagination. Perceiving functions create experience that is most difficult to put into words, and so they aren't really about definable facts and tidbits of knowledge. Both Si and Ni are like a dream, but one is a dream of what has been and the other a dream of what will be.

Maybe Te. But I still think there is Si/Ni here, connection to memory, coming up with associations.

VagrantFarce

I'd agree that a graph is far more representative of Te than anything else - it attempts to quantify something explicitly, in a way that anyone can look at and agree upon. It can be representative of anything, depending on what data it's displaying.

Ni & Si are about becoming aware of subjective impressions of life - it can be like living life behind a sheet of stained glass.

• Si is about noticing sensual representations that are stable and reliable. It stands against Ne, which is about participating and branching out into new experiences and meanings suggested by direct contact with life.
  • Ni is about noticing a sense of change and meaning behind representations. It stands against Se, which is about raw physical and sensual experience with life.