• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The meaning of the answer to "what makes you special"? [Functions]

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
Found a post somewhere, curious what it means.

It's an answer to a question "what makes you special"?

The fact that I am alive makes me special and unique. It’s like that for everyone. However, I think it’s not permeant for most of people. It will be very hard to explain, as it seems a very complex internal building of judgment.

It seems to me that I allocate people into the groups, based on the objective facts, like:
a) Is he ambitious?
b) Is he smart enough to study in the university?
c) Is he good at something?
d) Is he a smoker?
e) Is he a drugs abuser?
…) …
Each yes and no answer to the particular fact has a very different value. For example:
Yes to the fact e) gives very high negative value, so it’s quite impossible that the individual can score above 0.
No to the fact d) gives a low-moderate positive value, so it’s very possible that the individual can score below 0.
I respect anyone, who scores above 0. Also, I exclude these people from the groups, because they are wise, worth to be called special, unique. I will not accept someone’s wrong values as correct, I will try to change them, if I know him, care about that person, see him as possibly useful in the future.
I am really quick to judge. For example, I meet a new person, and find out that he’s a smoker. His value instantly goes down to negative. In a few seconds I find out that he owns a company, so as this gives a huge value, higher than no to smoking, his value score goes up to positive. However, I will still not accept smoking as good, perhaps advice to give it up.

I'll mention that if someone is a drugs user, I will instantly assume that he is a smoker, a drinker, got tattoos, is depressed, is not smart etc.
When I meet someone, the judging begins. Ha! That's how it is.

I am definitely above 0 to myself. That is what makes me special.

Oh, and if let's say I am reading an article, in the middle of it, it says "horoscopes prove that", the respect for the author will fall down to the level that will prevent me from continuing reading the article.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
so basically you have to find flaws with others to prove how you're a better person? doesn't that just reverse it and make you the worse person? of course i'm a hypocrite because i'm judging you on this. well played well played. we're both terrible people.

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
so basically you have to find flaws with others to prove how you're a better person? doesn't that just reverse it and make you the worse person? of course i'm a hypocrite because i'm judging you on this. well played well played. we're both terrible people.

What's the other way of proving you are better? Well played, cheers.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's the other way of proving you are better?
"The chief proof of man's real greatness lies in his perception of his own smallness." -- Sherlock Holmes

(Who, as we know, is famously humble and self-effacing.)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
What's the other way of proving you are better? Well played, cheers.

realizing that stuff like that usually doesn't directly effect me. and often you can't know anyone's full story based on judgements like that. I don't need to prove myself better than anyone, i think it's dumb. because this shit doesn't matter.

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
realizing that stuff like that usually doesn't directly effect me. and often you can't know anyone's full story based on judgements like that. I don't need to prove myself better than anyone, i think it's dumb. because this shit doesn't matter.

I know 1 thing - as I notice patterns, based on that thing I assume he has 9 more, whatever negative or positive. I wait for proof, more things, continue judging.
Of course you can't know the full story. I judge based on what I know, what's potential for that person.
I don't do that to prove myself better.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yes you are you are comparing your inside worth to someone's outside worth. that is saying you are better than them. i'm sorry but there's too many people like you in the world. that thinks it's ok to be this way, when its not when you miss out on so much. when those people you're judging get ignored because of this bs. yeah we're all guilty of it. i'm not saying we're not but my issue is when people pretend their good fucking people for it. no i'm sick and tired of people thinking they're angels when someone who is not how they think they should be needs to be fixed or ignored.

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
yes you are you are comparing your inside worth to someone's outside worth. that is saying you are better than them. i'm sorry but there's too many people like you in the world. that thinks it's ok to be this way, when its not when you miss out on so much. when those people you're judging get ignored because of this bs. yeah we're all guilty of it. i'm not saying we're not but my issue is when people pretend their good fucking people for it. no i'm sick and tired of people thinking they're angels when someone who is not how they think they should be needs to be fixed or ignored.

Lol. Life is short, why would you waste time talking to a person that is very different from you(in a bad way), if neither of you is going to get any real benefit from it?
If I notice anything that seems wrong to me, like a person smoking, I will try to convince him to give it up. It's applying my high standards to others, not proving myself better. I want to see a full potential in everyone. Of course they need to be fixed, but I can only advice, the decisions are made by them, unless they are weak.

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
no i'm punching you because i have to deal with people like you constantly ignorant fuck wits. you aren't helping me or anyone. you're spreading hate and ignorance.

Alright, you answered 1 question, thank you. Who said I am ignoring people? I am probably more polite than you are. I still judge people however.

á´…eparted

passages
Judgement is fine so long as it's fair and balanced. As far as I can tell, yours don't seem to be so. As written, they seem fairly cut and dry with little interpretation or understanding.

For example: Do you think every drug is bad, and what do you count as abuse?

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
Judgement is fine so long as it's fair and balanced. As far as I can tell, yours don't seem to be so. As written, they seem fairly cut and dry with little interpretation or understanding.

For example: Do you think every drug is bad, and what do you count as abuse?

Well, it is how it is. I am curious to which functions it's related. I know which I use, not sure on I/E, seeking opinions.

No, of course. Some are used as treatment for diseases. Well, even weed and lsd are both bad. I don't think trying these once is terrible, but still wrong. Well, when you can see the consequences of drugs usage, in other words - that it's not one-time bad experience to them.

I am not that kind of person who thinks that drug abusers can recover. Lol. It can't happen, they may get better, but not recover. I'd say I always look at the potential of people, their future.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
You know, satire isn't always obvious online.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kangaroo, you are an ESTJ. Enjoy! :bye:

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the opinion. Yet it's wrong. I am Ni user, confirmed by psychologist. Si is my weakness, lol. I am not Si at all.

A psychologist? Well that settles it then. Who could ever question the judgement of a highly paid professional from a scientific field with such a rich history of success? Your OP screams Ni, especially your point system of classifying people. My apologies for the hasty misjudgement.