• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The meaning of the answer to "what makes you special"? [Functions]

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
A psychologist? Well that settles it then. Who could ever question the judgement of a highly paid professional from a scientific field with such a rich history of success? Your OP screams Ni, especially your point system of classifying people. My apologies for the hasty misjudgement.

His username suggests he's 11-12 years old, so his Ni is still developing.

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
A psychologist? Well that settles it then. Who could ever question the judgement of a highly paid professional from a scientific field with such a rich history of success? Your OP screams Ni, especially your point system of classifying people. My apologies for the hasty misjudgement.

:p Tho, even he found it very hard to determine whether I am introvert or an extrovert :).

His (probably) username suggests he's 11-12 years old, so perhaps his Ni is still developing.

Hehe. I am 19 :p

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:p Tho, even he found it very hard to determine whether I am introvert or an extrovert :).

Hehe. I am 19 :p

Well, either way you're a winner in my eyes. Welcome to the forum, may you one day rank amongst our most legendary and prolific members!

tumblr_n0uggiMLDB1sfeix4o1_400.gif

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
Well, either way you're a winner in my eyes. Welcome to the forum, may you one day rank amongst our most legendary and prolific members!

tumblr_n0uggiMLDB1sfeix4o1_400.gif

Thank you. What's the meaning in the picture, you wanted to address?

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you. What's the meaning in the picture, you wanted to address?

Well, it just portrays a brave young man carving himself a niche amongst the annals of history using his own uniqueness as the sole means, much as I imagine you will do here. It was also just silly, plus there is all that Mt. Rushmore controversy going on right now in the states, etc. :laugh:

á´…eparted

passages
Well, it is how it is. I am curious to which functions it's related. I know which I use, not sure on I/E, seeking opinions.

No, of course. Some are used as treatment for diseases. Well, even weed and lsd are both bad. I don't think trying these once is terrible, but still wrong. Well, when you can see the consequences of drugs usage, in other words - that it's not one-time bad experience to them.

I am not that kind of person who thinks that drug abusers can recover. Lol. It can't happen, they may get better, but not recover. I'd say I always look at the potential of people, their future.

Why is it "wrong"? You seem to be equating any usage with automatic negative tangible outcomes. If you want to judge someone because they have suffered negative consequences, sure that's fair. Not everyone will agree, but it's a defensible point to some extent.

It sounds to me like you're partially aware of the fact that you're making a poor judgement over people, and one that is not from sound footing or ground, and yet willingly doing it anyway even though it could be unfair or wrong. I'm sorry, but that a really really shitty kind of judgement to make. It's not fair, and it's not even right.

I'll use myself as an example. I have used marijuana many times in my life, I have also used magic mushrooms, salvia, DMT, and cocaine once. Yet, I'm pretty darn successful. I'm 4 years into a PhD program, am regarded to be one of the best in my department. I'm a rather high acievement striving individual. You're going to tell me you're going to judge my use, a personal and informed decision I made, that has had no negative impact on my life or productivity as a person? That's not even remotely rational, or fair.

Incidentally, my PhD work is on organic chemistry, so I know how drugs work inside and out far beyond what the vast majority of the population knows. I would not have done what I've done if there was good likelyhood it would have had a serious negative impact on my life. I have gone to great lengths to understand what is involved.

So after all that, are you honestly going to judge me? The point is; blanket judgements aren't fair or rational. Take everything case by case, and assess the individual in a holistic manner. I'm saying this as someone who's very judgemental at their core.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Found a post somewhere, curious what it means.

It's an answer to a question "what makes you special"?

The fact that I am alive makes me special and unique. It’s like that for everyone. However, I think it’s not permanent for most of people. It will be very hard to explain, as it seems a very complex internal building of judgment...

I can see your thought process on how you categorize and label people based on how efficient they will be. In a perfect world. Yes, it is fair to say that one who is dependent on the consumption of alcohol is ill. Or that someone who smokes and does drugs act and dress a certain way. I do not blame you for thinking so. Media has pushed this image countless of times through all forms of entertainment at us.

But sadly, Most media is reflecting the ideals and views of the way THEY perceive a perfect world. Sadly, we do not live in a perfect world. In a world where people can be categories in groups merely because of outward appearance or habits.

A minor example. You are at a subway, and you see a teenage girl reading "50 shades of gray" you automatically assume that she is either a pervert, or a wishful idiotic virgin. But in reality this girl is ironically reading the book to laugh at it.

A slightly better example. You see a lean male at the beach who is as fit as a fiddle. You automatically assume he hits the gym and is trustworthy. Since he also happens to be Caucasian. In reality, he is actually bulimic and living off of his dead parents money. Smoking and drinking and puking.

Edgar Allen Poe. A brilliant man one can argue. Quick wit, and poetic imagery marvel the minds of many, and is fruitlessly studied even today. Was a very depressed alcoholic.

Mark Twain. A well renounced writer in American history, dropped out of elementary school.

Socrates. A man even today, marveled to be "The greatest philosopher human kind has ever seen" was sentenced to death because the state proclaimed him to be jeopardizing the youth and lacked fellowship to the Gods.

Stephen Hawking. A well renounced and amazing man, alive today! The leaps and bounds he has done for humanity in cosmetology and physics is astounding. Yet, at first glace, he looks crippled, and no offence, retarded.

There are A LOT more examples. But I think you get my point .

I dont know what planet you live on. But sadly, on Earth, the "fucked up, ever changing, Fuck you it's going to rain today whether you want to or not" planet. Everything is NEVER as it seems. That bright pretty looking frog over there? Yea that mother fucker is poisoness. That alarmingly angry looking old women at the grocery store? She only looks like that because she recently had a huge stroke.

Humans cannot be judged only on their outwardly appearance. You cannot, and I hate to use this overused phrase "judge the depth of the lake by its length" (LOL you thought I was going for judge a book by its cover. Point proven. DONT JUDGE ME) You are limited only so much by using sight. Judging someone by their habits and labeling them is harmful to YOU.

People are not mirrors. They are puzzles, Satires. You are only harming yourself in this way of thinking.

But, it IS your life. If it works for you(HOW??!!!?!?!?! I cant see the pro in thinking like this), then go for it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
wow... some people care way too much about dabbling in everyone else's lives... I would feel bad for you if I cared :shrug:

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Who, aside from yourself, gives a shit about your standards, lists, or scores?

This isn't a rhetorical question.

There is no reasoning with people like this. Live and let live. Let his mentality bite him in the ass somewhere down the road.

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
Why is it "wrong"? You seem to be equating any usage with automatic negative tangible outcomes. If you want to judge someone because they have suffered negative consequences, sure that's fair. Not everyone will agree, but it's a defensible point to some extent.
Just look at the reasons why people start using drugs. Nothing good :)
It sounds to me like you're partially aware of the fact that you're making a poor judgement over people, and one that is not from sound footing or ground, and yet willingly doing it anyway even though it could be unfair or wrong. I'm sorry, but that a really really shitty kind of judgement to make. It's not fair, and it's not even right.
No, I am not making poor judgment over people. Of course I can be wrong that one doesn't deserve respect, but I can quickly change my mind, if I am told one is good at something etc. Well, that's why your judgment is different :p
I'll use myself as an example. I have used marijuana many times in my life, I have also used magic mushrooms, salvia, DMT, and cocaine once. Yet, I'm pretty darn successful. I'm 4 years into a PhD program, am regarded to be one of the best in my department. I'm a rather high acievement striving individual. You're going to tell me you're going to judge my use, a personal and informed decision I made, that has had no negative impact on my life or productivity as a person? That's not even remotely rational, or fair.
Perfect. Yes, you are an idiot for doing that. See? You are not a typical person who has used drugs, you are successful, therefore I respect you. My opinion about you changed. Of course it had, don't pretend.
Incidentally, my PhD work is on organic chemistry, so I know how drugs work inside and out far beyond what the vast majority of the population knows. I would not have done what I've done if there was good likelyhood it would have had a serious negative impact on my life. I have gone to great lengths to understand what is involved.
Depends on the mental state.
So after all that, are you honestly going to judge me? The point is; blanket judgements aren't fair or rational. Take everything case by case, and assess the individual in a holistic manner. I'm saying this as someone who's very judgemental at their core.
Yes, I still won't accept it as right. Never will. The negative value is lower in your case, but still negative.

I can see your thought process on how you categorize and label people based on how efficient they will be. In a perfect world. Yes, it is fair to say that one who is dependent on the consumption of alcohol is ill. Or that someone who smokes and does drugs act and dress a certain way. I do not blame you for thinking so. Media has pushed this image countless of times through all forms of entertainment at us.
But sadly, Most media is reflecting the ideals and views of the way THEY perceive a perfect world. Sadly, we do not live in a perfect world. In a world where people can be categories in groups merely because of outward appearance or habits. [/B]
Yes.
A minor example. You are at a subway, and you see a teenage girl reading "50 shades of gray" you automatically assume that she is either a pervert, or a wishful idiotic virgin. But in reality this girl is ironically reading the book to laugh at it.
Yes, she'd better read something useful. No. I would assume that it's fun for her, she's doing what's fun for her, therefore she will probably not achieve much, but that's what she wants. I guess that would be brutal as you say, if that girl had tattoos, dressed like a "rock star". Lol.
A slightly better example. You see a lean male at the beach who is as fit as a fiddle. You automatically assume he hits the gym and is trustworthy. Since he also happens to be Caucasian. In reality, he is actually bulimic and living off of his dead parents money. Smoking and drinking and puking.
Lol. No way. Why would you assume the one who's hitting the gym is trustworthy? Most aren't. Be realistic. Yet, I guess I am nitpicking. Yes, I can be very wrong about someone, but because of this I am not going to have no opinion based on what I already know.
Edgar Allen Poe. A brilliant man one can argue. Quick wit, and poetic imagery marvel the minds of many, and is fruitlessly studied even today. Was a very depressed alcoholic.
Again. I still won't accept it as right, just because of a few individual examples. If I meet a drugs user, I will not assume that he's successful because someone is, even though has used drugs.
Mark Twain. A well renounced writer in American history, dropped out of elementary school.
Well, he was probably bored of it.
Socrates. A man even today, marveled to be "The greatest philosopher human kind has ever seen" was sentenced to death because the state proclaimed him to be jeopardizing the youth and lacked fellowship to the Gods.
Didn't follow the crowd, had his own opinion. What's wrong about that?
Stephen Hawking. A well renounced and amazing man, alive today! The leaps and bounds he has done for humanity in cosmetology and physics is astounding. Yet, at first glace, he looks crippled, and no offence, retarded.
Is that his fault? That he has a disease?
I dont know what planet you live on. But sadly, on Earth, the "fucked up, ever changing, Fuck you it's going to rain today whether you want to or not" planet. Everything is NEVER as it seems. That bright pretty looking frog over there? Yea that mother fucker is poisoness. That alarmingly angry looking old women at the grocery store? She only looks like that because she recently had a huge stroke.
I am from Jupiter, I guess...2+2 seems equal to 4, and it is. Well, if you see angry woman, you assume she's or she has a disease.
Humans cannot be judged only on their outwardly appearance. You cannot, and I hate to use this overused phrase "judge the depth of the lake by its length" (LOL you thought I was going for judge a book by its cover. Point proven. DONT JUDGE ME) You are limited only so much by using sight. Judging someone by their habits and labeling them is harmful to YOU.
Yes, they can be judged. Welcome to earth! How is it harmful to me?
But, it IS your life. If it works for you(HOW??!!!?!?!?! I cant see the pro in thinking like this), then go for it.
You are right!

Wow, what a really great way to go through life-immediately dismissing anyone who doesn't cut to your standards as lesser and not worth knowing. It doesn't make much sense to me considering that individual lives are generally made up of the connections bahind them-ie: maybe the reasons behind why thatdrug user is using the drugs, maybe the fact he is, any sort of reason behind it, can teach you something-add to your value system, broaden horizens, give you something,...if you are going to look at it in terms of you-which seems to be what I am thinking might be the only thing you would be willing to do.
Yes. In some cases, temporarily. Lol. I always look at the meaning of something, of course I think of WHY he uses drugs.
But I am going to say this, because I really just do not get this sort of mindset at all. What you are doing is stupid. Ambition and differentiating yourself from others can be a very positive thing, but creating your own class for yourself and then refusing to look beyond it, just why? I am going to briefly mention that you just cannot possibly determine individual situations and base them off of a whole, a 'pattern' or whatever, and not ever expand. I get that you 'know', but you have only been able to 'know' what patterns you have already limitedly determined for yourself- by stricky enforcing these patterns you stagnate any furtherance. They stop branching out, as you dismiss them, and your thinking may end up becoming circular. And I am going to mention that I do think that this is wrong, people go through so much shit so much differentiated shit, that you judging them... But hell if I get really into that.
Alright, It's stupid to you. Yes, I can roughly determine individual situations, because it's quite similar for the most part. Yes, it's different in every case, that's why my opinion tends to slightly change.
Oh. So you think If I see a drugs user, I go and tell him "hey man, you are an idiot!". Lol. I might say "you shouldn't do that". That's just my internal judgment. Externally, I am very polite, not as brutal as you think I am.
So no, I don't judge myself against other people- that seems incredibly pedantic and arbitrary. But it seems as if you are really trying to proove some sort of Ni valuing for yourself, because if this is how you really think- in terms of absolute better and absolute worse on the value of a whole of a person, then there is just no reason for you to ever speak to anyone- because I 'judge' that with a mindset like this, you would eventually become liable to extend your judgements even further and in a more extremest way than you have already, for you seem determined to see yourself as 'better'. I think you are overcompansating, extemely...
And you are clearly confused and misunderstand what I say.
And I am a hypocrite for judging you, both on what I have said, and what I will say further, but this seems like a blatant attempt to reflect a poorly understood grouping on Ni stereotypes upon yourslef- so pointedly textbook. But hopefully you are twelve, and you have only been able to see what you only believe you should. You hopefully are as externally limited as you seem compelled to make yourself intenally, and maybe that might one day evolve.
I didn't know whether it's Ni or not, when I answered to it. Evolve to what? Not judging people at all, as for example, a man who killed someone, is a drug addict, may possibly be a good, successful person(0.000000000000000001%)?

Who, aside from yourself, gives a shit about your standards, lists, or scores?
This isn't a rhetorical question.
There is no reasoning with people like this. Live and let live. Let his mentality bite him in the ass somewhere down the road.
I do, you do.
I wouldn't have guessed.
Is that a pick up line?

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, yes you do. You left a comment, because you got somewhat interested.

Interesting to hear that from NTJ with the same ennagram tho.

I didn't think I was going to have deal with deliberate obtuseness.

Let's try again. Who gives a shit about meeting your standards?

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
I didn't think I was going to have deal with deliberate obtuseness.

Let's try again. Who gives a shit about meeting your standards?

Of course, I didn't understand exactly what you meant, and now you are instantly judging me as an idiot. Interesting.

Nobody, and nobody should forcefully try that. That's an illusion I make, so they can change what they need.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, okay. All the sarcastic humoring aside:

[MENTION=25345]kangaroo2003[/MENTION], the only thing I can agree with you about is your core Enneagram typing. Do you know what being a 3 says about you? It says you have no idea who you really are, and thus believe you have to "win" and be the best at all costs in order to have any worth. You know what else? That means you are also incredibly self deceiving, you blind yourself to most of your faults and shortcomings, subconsciously twisting words and thoughts to make others (and yourself) believe you have it all together, when you actually don't. Truly, 3 is probably has the least clarity of judgement, because they see themselves as constantly in competition with others-- which usually leads to one up-ing others, and seeing one's self as inaccurately better. 3's wear masks (false identities) because they are so out of touch with who they really are-- this is why they tend to see (and judge) only the outsides of others as well, which is inaccurate.

It would be healthy for you (integrating to 6) to realize that you don't need to win to have worth, and that real value comes from being truly engaged with others (instead of absorbed in yourself). I'm sure [MENTION=22264]jscrothers[/MENTION] could tell you about this, since they seem like a much healthier example of 3.

So, yeah. Good self assessment, but it seems like you might have some realizing to do (as most 19 year olds do).