• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Communication Problems in an INFJ & ESFP Friendship

CourageousKitten

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
My close friend and I have recently run into a few problems with our friendship. He's an INFJ and I'm an ESFP, so naturally we're opposites - and that seemed to be working out perfectly fine until lately. He's currently studying in a different state, so because we don't have the opportunity to hang out in real life very often, we call on skype every day. I'm always full of energy and talk a lot, and he enjoys listening to me without saying much. The problem is, his lack of input has really started to bother me even though I know logically he is still there listening to what I have to say. He's aware that the silence on his end really bothers me/makes me feel like no one is really there, but says he can't seem to figure out what to say since his mind is constantly rummaging through all of the various things he could say, so he never actually ends up saying anything. I don't get angry at him for this since I know we think in very different ways, but it's become a very frustrating situation for us. He ends up feeling that he's useless and can't be there to comfort me, and I end up feeling restless and bored and wanting him to hurry up and say something:anything. This wouldn't be so much of a problem if we were able to hang out in real life more often, since that silence between us on skype could easily be replaced by going out and having fun together (which we do when he IS here; and we have a blast!) We're very, very close and open with each other and we desperately want to come to a compromise - we just don't know what sort of compromise we can come to at this point. Any advice is very appreciated.