• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] MBTI and colours (synaesthesia)

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Sometimes I feel synaesthesia with things, and I think of colours when I think about the 16 types. This is a version 1 quick mockup of colours, but I wanted to ask you what colours you think of when you think about the types. I'd like to modify this and I think the best thing is to get your opinion, or maybe you have a grid of your own. What do the types speak to you?

IqsyFog.png

Of course feel free to tell me :notype:, this is just a personal feeling, not what they should be. Yes, ESTP is brown.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I'm good with greens, almost any shade, including turquoise. I think shades of greens flowing into blues have an INFJ-ness to them, both earthy and ethereal at the same time.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of course it's :notype:, but where's the fun in ending the discussion as a result?

I like blues, black, dark greys, natural greens, some reds. Depends on the context, shade, contrast, pairings, etc, etc. Still :notype:

Although I think some colors could possibly be assigned to general temperament and/or quadras with loosely correlating qualities.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like ENFP's and ESFP's the most - go figure. I love bright happy sunny yellow but I also love a soothing pastel pink. :wubbie:

I also like ISFJ, ESFJ, ISFP, and INFP. I also like ISTJ's color as solid base color for website layouts. I think the color scheme on my profile here seems a mix of ENFP/ISTJ which is kinda funny.

I don't associate any color with any type in particular myself though. I don't think I could see ExFPs as green or grey though for one. Maybe ESFP is a little red (like the red of heart-shaped chocolate boxes on Valentines Day) and ENFP is a little more sky blue?

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm good with greens, almost any shade, including turquoise. I think shades of greens flowing into blues have an INFJ-ness to them, both earthy and ethereal at the same time.

I definitely had a green vibe with INFJ, sort of like an affinity with nature almost. I can definitely see what you're saying :)

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I like ENFP's and ESFP's the most - go figure. I love bright happy sunny yellow but I also love a soothing pastel pink. :wubbie:

I also like ISFJ, ESFJ, ISFP, and INFP. I also like ISTJ's color as solid base color for website layouts. I think the color scheme on my profile here seems a mix of ENFP/ISTJ which is kinda funny.

I don't associate any color with any type in particular myself though. I don't think I could see ExFPs as green or grey though for one. Maybe ESFP is a little red (like the red of heart-shaped chocolate boxes on Valentines Day) and ENFP is a little more sky blue?

Having looked at it again, I can see I went for more "warmer" colours for feelers. I think as I understand more about type, I'll have a better feeling for this (I am so much still a learner).

I like your feedback though. On ENFPs though, I already went for sky blue for my own type. What do you see INTP as?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Having looked at it again, I can see I went for more "warmer" colours for feelers. I think as I understand more about type, I'll have a better feeling for this (I am so much still a learner).

I like your feedback though. On ENFPs though, I already went for sky blue for my own type. What do you see INTP as?

Oh, when I say sky blue I didn't exactly mean what you said for INTPs. I thought more pastel and like a soft light blue, so maybe a lighter version of ISFP. For INTPs I associate a deep navy blue with them. :shrug: Not sure why.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I guess I need to ask, what does these colours mean to you?

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Nooooo. Not all ESFJs are pink loving, Abercrombie wearing, girly girls. :dry: If it was up to me ESFJ would be like a jewel tone purple or magenta.

I'm done being melodramatic now.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Nooooo. Not all ESFJs are pink loving, Abercrombie wearing, girly girls. :dry: If it was up to me ESFJ would be like a jewel tone purple or magenta.

I'm done being melodramatic now.

ESFJ I had trouble with, I had a few options to go with and I was wondering a shade of purple (as I did for ISFJ). I already went with magenta for ENFJ as I had a strong feeling for it... I'm not going to be able to please everyone with this and I think I've opened a little can of worms :D

I'm interested in everyone's feedback tbh to see how people differ.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I
ESFJ I had trouble with, I had a few options to go with and I was wondering a shade of purple (as I did for ISFJ). I already went with magenta for ENFJ as I had a strong feeling for it... I'm not going to be able to please everyone with this and I think I've opened a little can of worms :D

I'm interested in everyone's feedback tbh to see how people differ.

It's okay. I just really hate hot pink. Haha.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTJ red (seems to go with EJ)
ESTP bright orange
ISTJ gray
ISTP bright yellow

ESFJ navy blue
ESFP hot pink
ISFJ pewter gray
ISFP olive green

ENFJ maroon
ENFP yellow
INFJ deep blue
INFP lavender or sky blue

ENTJ cherry red
ENTP orange-red
INTJ black
INTP tan

I see lots of the E-types are some version of red, perhaps simply because I associate red strongly with the letter E.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like really bold colors, that have no tint of black or white or grey in them. In other words, hues in their purest forms.

Like the outermost colors on this wheel:

colorcharttintsandhughes.gif

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes I feel synaesthesia with things, and I think of colours when I think about the 16 types. This is a version 1 quick mockup of colours, but I wanted to ask you what colours you think of when you think about the types. I'd like to modify this and I think the best thing is to get your opinion, or maybe you have a grid of your own. What do the types speak to you?

IqsyFog.png

Of course feel free to tell me :notype:, this is just a personal feeling, not what they should be. Yes, ESTP is brown.

Seriously man, pink? Is that what you think of me? Goddamn it. (ignore my avatar)

á´…eparted

passages
I don't have a color assocation for every type, but some I do:

ISTJ: Grey
ENTJ: Black
INFJ: Dark Blue
ENFJ: Dark Purple
ESFP: Yellow
ENTP: Red

The rest I don't really have an association

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Seriously man, pink? Is that what you think of me? Goddamn it. (ignore my avatar)

He seems to either really like pink, or just associate it with like half the types. :laugh:

Although if I was going to make any type pink, it would be ENFP (sorry).

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like really bold colors, that have no tint of black or white or grey in them. In other words, hues in their purest forms.

Like the outermost colors on this wheel:
Interesting. I prefer the innermost colors, but also the left half of the wheel overall.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Something tells me that [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] would approve.

Maybe, but I think his personality would be yellow.

Last edited: