• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Implicit-association test for MBTI Preferences (MBTI preference clarifier)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Huh. This sure does put a damper on the whole 'woe-is-me and society doesn't value me and they value the S way and conformity instead, so let's have an N circlejerk about it' mentality.

Ummmm.... just because society erroneously labels N as "creative" and similar positive traits and thus ends up putting it on a pedestal doesn't mean that in daily practical life, rubber meets road, the actual manifestations and their side effects are treated as valuable.

(And I'm not much for circlejerks either, before you think that's what I'm saying.)

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You do not associate Self with Extraversion any more or less than you associate Others with Extraversion.
(tvalue = 0.124)

You associate Others with Practical and Self with Imaginative a little more than you associate Self with Practical and Others with Imaginative. (tvalue = -2.161)

You do not associate Self with Thinking any more or less than you associate Others with Thinking. (tvalue = -0.895)

You do not associate Self with Organized any more or less than you associate Others with Organized. (tvalue = 0.759)
Huh, never thought of using the IAT for this. Neat! This is a much different approach than your standard online test, and it's spot-on-ish for me. I have a clearer preference on S/N, for N, than on any of the other dichotomies. Taking the other t values and using them incorrectly, it also pegs my indifference toward E/I and my slight preferences for F and J.

If it corroborates more folks -- whether their other test results or their self-evaluation -- then you're really on to something with this. Adds another perspective with which to evaluate type.

Something to consider. It'd be worth collecting data on how many people scored in which bins (E/x/I, S/x/N, etc.). You may find way too many responses to be too middling.

If that's a problem, there are a few solutions.

First, a longer test may give you a clearer t-value. But then you have problems with attention fatigue, etc etc

Second solution is.. more dicey, controversial, and statistically inaccurate. Statisticians would yell at you. While the t-statistic doesn't show statistical significance with such-and-such a low magnitude, and so a low magnitude can't tell us anything with any sort certainty.. it might still be worth stating that the person may associate this-or-that, even with somewhat lower magnitudes. Magnitudes of, say, <0.5 could still be binned as 'neither'.

Third, and probably best solution but the most effort. Draw out a number line, mark where you'd find "neither," "a little", "a lot", etc., and plot a lil' point where the person's t-value is.

.... fourth, maybe I didn't go fast enough. I may try again.

I don't care much for JCF.. but perhaps you/we could use the same test engine to measure preferences for one JCF over another (e.g. Ti over Te), then mash the results together to spit out a type?

Ummmm.... just because society erroneously labels N as "creative" and similar positive traits and thus ends up putting it on a pedestal doesn't mean that in daily practical life, rubber meets road, the actual manifestations and their side effects are treated as valuable.

(And I'm not much for circlejerks either, before you think that's what I'm saying.)
Fair enough. You're right. Definitions get so skewed -- also e.g. Feeling as neurotic -- that the layperson's perception of the terms differs from the perceptions of those who have studied the stuff; and so a comparison can't be made that way.

Kyubey

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
8w7
According to these tests I'm an INFJ with slightly more of an F preference over T.
It was an interesting test, but tiring. :mellow:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting test, but arg, I was logged out when I attempted to post copy-paste responses, the numbers I'm inputting are rough estimates from memory. It was strange/ kind of surprising to me that I ended up being pretty extreme in three of them -- I don't think there was a super easy way to fake the test.

You associate Self with Introversion and Others with Extroversion much more than you associate Others with Introversion and Self with Extroversion.
(tvalue = -7)

You associate Others with Imaginative and Self with Practical slightly more than you associate Self with Imaginative and Others with Practical.
(tvalue = 1.7)

You associate Self with Feeling and Others with Thinking much more than you associate Self with Thinking and Others with Feeling (tvalue = -5)

You associate Self with Spontaneous and Others with Organized much more than you associate Others with Spontaneous and Self with Organized. (tvalue = -5)

----------

IsFP

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I > E -2.833
N > S -2.819
F = T -0.667
P = J -0.114

INXX. Sounds like I could still be an INFJ still by this clarifier.

I really thought I was going to clear Feeling though. I always think that I'm more of a strong feeler, but probably reality knows that I think a lot too. Good to know.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree, physical keyboard is definitely superior.

Yeah, I just did re-did it with the keyboard this time rather than the mouse after seeing [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] get ENFJ over ESTJ for once (although I did the E/I test twice because a fly kept getting up in my face and I kept having to shoo it away)

IT JUST CAME BACK FUCK THIS FLY

Anyways:

You associate Self with Extraversion and Others with Introversion more than you associate Others with Extraversion and Self with Introversion.

You associate Others with Practical and Self with Imaginative a little more than you associate Self with Practical and Others with Imaginative.

You associate Others with Thinking and Self with Feeling much more than you associate Self with Thinking and Others with Feeling.

You associate Others with Organized and Self with Spontaneous a little more than you associate Self with Organized and Others with Spontaneous.

Result: EnFp

I really like this test! I might link it to friends as a way to double check whatever MBTI they get on other online tests.

wolfy

awsm
You associate Others with Extraversion and Self with Introversion much more than you associate Self with Extraversion and Others with Introversion.
(tvalue = -7.834)

So that would mean I strongly associate with I... Interesting test.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
You associate Others with Extraversion and Self with Introversion much more than you associate Self with Extraversion and Others with Introversion.

You associate Others with Practical and Self with Imaginative a little more than you associate Self with Practical and Others with Imaginative.

You do not associate Self with Thinking any more or less than you associate Others with Thinking.

You associate Others with Organized and Self with Spontaneous a little more than you associate Self with Organized and Others with Spontaneous

Don't know.

Retmeishka

MBTI Type
ISTP
I really, really love this test, but I *CAN'T STAND* the wording. As usual, nobody knows how to describe sensing in a way that all sensors can relate to. I've been using Socionics Model B, which has four types of sensing: +Se, -Si, +Si, -Se. I want to see carefully chosen words that will strongly associate with those four types of sensing. I could actually remake this test myself if I could get the javascript for the web page. I don't know how to do javascript myself. It would not be a very complicated javascript.

So yeah, I failed the test, I got INFP, when I *know for sure* after years and decades that I am an ISTP who hates the wording on the tests. Oh well, the test itself was great.

So for example the test would have you associate more strongly with +Se or -Se, +Si or -Si, and there would be a bunch more tests.

Retmeishka

MBTI Type
ISTP
Seymour, did you make that test yourself? Sorry, I would not have been bitching about it so harshly. This is what happens when I go back and read the thread and the comments *after* bitching loudly about something.

I just reread this - you didn't choose the wording anyway, you got it from some other source. It was the wording that I always hate that they always use.