• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ask an ENFP anything

Lunar Light

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've seen a few other threads with the same focus, buuuuuuut, I wanted to answer questions and become more acquainted with this forum and its people :hi:. Hope this is okay. Willing to answer any and all enneagram questions too, since I'm pretty familiar with the theory. ANYTHING (as noted in thread title). JUST PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ATTENTION :cry::alttongue: ahaha.

Additional labels/information :happy2: -
Enneagram tritype: p6w7 2w3 1w2
Instinctual variant: so/sx
Energy type: Wind-Earth-Fire-Water
Hogwarts House: Gryffindor
Spirit animal: dog (specifically, border collie)
Sexuality: biromantic demisexual (...or something like that)
Likes: writing, tennis, cooking, being awkward, rambling, Final Fantasy, Avatar the Last Airbender (but not Aang, despite how people would probably expect me to since he's often typed as ENFP and I should relate. But I don't. SORRY BUDDY)
Other conditions: chronic awkwardness, ADHD (all forms), depression, anxiety
Family: ISTJ 6w7 sp/so mother, ESTP 7w6 so/sx father, ISTP 3w2 sx/sp brother
SO: INFP cp 6w5 4w5 8w9 sp/sx (or sx/sp)

Last edited:

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
What is your favorite Final Fantasy.... and why?

Lunar Light

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What is your favorite Final Fantasy.... and why?
10 :D. I grew up with it and I loved the story, the characters, the music. Very pretty game too, for the time, and still decent by today's standards. I read an extreme amount as a child, and I knew stories. I loved them dearly. But naturally, I hadn't come across a story with such depth (lol, children's fairy tales and whatnot tend to be rather light :p) until my brother started playing FF10 and I watched alongside him.

Really, it means so much to me that I could say it's become a part of me. A lot of Fi-doms have these vivid inner worlds (my SO included) ...For me, I feel like my inner landscape is a mishmash of things taken from the external world that I've internalized because of the personal meaning I've attached to them. Any time I hear the music, Besaid Island for example, the images I get are so vivid, so real. I feel the soft sway of the palm trees on the hot sand, the gentle roar of the waterfall on the path to the village inside me, cheesy as that is to say. It's no longer just a game. I know the world as if it's my own.

So yeah, it was my first major foray into a complex fantasy world (which are the best to me). Besides that, I always related to Rikku and felt a deep connection to her. I posted under the Bonfires forum that she is the character that reminds me of myself the most, and I'd say our types are pretty close too (I'd type her at 6w7 2w3 9w1 so/sx ENFP with a slight chance of ESFP) :).

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which future career do you most desire, tell us why, and which career do you think you'd be best at?

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
10 :D. I grew up with it and I loved the story, the characters, the music. Very pretty game too, for the time, and still decent by today's standards. I read an extreme amount as a child, and I knew stories. I loved them dearly. But naturally, I hadn't come across a story with such depth (lol, children's fairy tales and whatnot tend to be rather light :p) until my brother started playing FF10 and I watched alongside him.

Really, it means so much to me that I could say it's become a part of me. A lot of Fi-doms have these vivid inner worlds (my SO included) ...For me, I feel like my inner landscape is a mishmash of things taken from the external world that I've internalized because of the personal meaning I've attached to them. Any time I hear the music, Besaid Island for example, the images I get are so vivid, so real. I feel the soft sway of the palm trees on the hot sand, the gentle roar of the waterfall on the path to the village inside me, cheesy as that is to say. It's no longer just a game. I know the world as if it's my own.

So yeah, it was my first major foray into a complex fantasy world (which are the best to me). Besides that, I always related to Rikku and felt a deep connection to her. I posted under the Bonfires forum that she is the character that reminds me of myself the most, and I'd say our types are pretty close too (I'd type her at 6w7 2w3 9w1 so/sx ENFP with a slight chance of ESFP) :).

FFX is my second favorite. I think I've bought it five times with how many re-releases it's gotten.

Guess which is my favorite, and the FF I first played on my own? VIII. I guess there's something about the initial exposure rather than any particular degree of quality.

That's my theory at least, since everyone seems to hate VIII :p

Lunar Light

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Which future career do you most desire, tell us why,
I'd most want to become a writer, not only because I find self-expression meaningful and a way to further understand oneself, but also because I have a lot of messages I'd like to impart. I have these grand visions in my mind... of characters, of worlds, of certain struggles, and I want these things to come together into something tangible. I want to capture these raw emotions of love, loss, pain, betrayal, rage, injustice, pride, fear, hope... etc. It challenges me to explore these ideas, in general and in myself, and then to form complex conclusions on them. It's a good exercise that combines mind, body, heart, soul. But I know it won't be easy. I suffer from a lot of doubt and this sort of second-guessing makes it hard to progress much. It's an odd paradox, both being afraid of great success and great failure. Both are polarizing and the pressure of it often becomes too much for me to handle. I believe writing is worth it though and I want to push myself with it.

and which career do you think you'd be best at?
I think I'd be a pretty terrific clinical psychologist, though I'd want to do some research too. I'm very empathetic and I enjoy supporting people. Besides that, I have a great desire to better understand the human psyche. People are interesting to me, so it makes it easy to observe and listen to them. Discussing these observations and trends would be the cherry on top ahaha. It's part of why I enjoy typology, especially because I'm good with nuances and working with a more fluid system that's pretty open for interpretation. So yeah, I think I'd be a natural at psychology.

Lunar Light

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
FFX is my second favorite. I think I've bought it five times with how many re-releases it's gotten.
Wooooo haha :). It's surprising to me how a significant number of people don't like it because there are too many cut-scenes or something. Also wow five times? I didn't even know there were that many re-releases. I heard of it with the vita, and also heard about the remaster (with the weird faces ugh), but that was it.

Guess which is my favorite, and the FF I first played on my own? VIII. I guess there's something about the initial exposure rather than any particular degree of quality.

That's my theory at least, since everyone seems to hate VIII :p
:p yeah, I do think initial exposure could be a factor. I mean, I grew up with other things like DBZ, and it's pretty all right, but it means a lot to me. To the embarrassment of my SO and other friends :D

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
Wooooo haha :). It's surprising to me how a significant number of people don't like it because there are too many cut-scenes or something. Also wow five times? I didn't even know there were that many re-releases. I heard of it with the vita, and also heard about the remaster (with the weird faces ugh), but that was it.

Well, let's see - there's the original, which I bought the first day. I bought it again after I lent my PS2/games to my cousin and he moved without returning them. There was the PS3 version. There was the Vita version. Now the PS4 version. So only four, but still, lol.

I love the combat system, and Auron. The combat system though is so good, I wish another game would copy it - I heard a LOTR rpg did once.

Plus the scene where Sin comes and destroys all those beautiful chocobo :,(

:p yeah, I do think initial exposure could be a factor. I mean, I grew up with other things like DBZ, and it's pretty all right, but it means a lot to me. To the embarrassment of my SO and other friends :D

:)

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What is behind your mask?

Lunar Light

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What is behind your mask?
Great fear and insecurity about myself and my choices. It's not a given, but I think a lot of ENFPs tend to be more optimistic about the future. But behind that passion and drive for the things I want to accomplish is this inkling of doubt that I'm afraid to voice, for fear of creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.

When I talk, I usually try to channel my Fi values, almost as a way of trying to strengthen them and remind myself of them. But I'm not actually that sure. As a Pe-dom, I'm very open/neutral to a lot of ideas and possibilities and sometimes I wish I had more of an Fi focus as a stabilizing influence. My SO (INFP) is much more sure of what he wants, despite also being a 6 and wary of what choices will both bring/take away, and I admire that.

I actually fit the silly stereotype of ENFPs for the large part, and I guess for all those like me, I'd say that most of us have a much more serious side (whatever that may entail ... sense of ethics, intelligent discussion in general, etc) and would appreciate others looking beyond the surface, at least from time to time. I'm completely fine with both, though my default tends to be more warm and carefree, humorous and whimsical :).

Speaking just for myself, there is this great desire to be liked and validated for who I am by others.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
How did you come up with your username? Any particular meaning?

Duffy

What's with the ENFP obsession with INTJ? What's the appeal? I see a lot of fawning from ENFPs on another forum.

Lunar Light

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How did you come up with your username? Any particular meaning?

Hey! Yeah, I put a lot of thought into this name. I've written about it on another forum, so let pull that up and summarize a bit since it was long.

Basically, I started off on that forum as AwkwardDork, then changed to Wandering Soul because of a dream I had that made me realize that I was lost, a "wandering soul." I wanted to move on from my first name because as humorous as it was, I felt like I had outgrown it. Wandering Soul was sort of a filler name for until I found something right and more suitable.

I had some struggles with using other things to fill my needs, clinging to people, meaningless distractions. I knew there was unrest inside me but I wasn't totally sure why. Later I realized that I was just looking for myself, and that was most important. So I wanted to have a username that I felt represented me quite well.

So... Lunar. Lunar because I relate a lot to moon symbolism and because I was named after the moon in Chinese. There's a lot of meaning behind it, like its connection to the sun and the relationship they have. Yin & Yang (yin is moon, yang is sun btw). I feel like it represents me well, moon traits (intuitive, negative, dark, feminine, soft), and I know I can learn a lot with balance. So it's a nice reminder.

Light... sort of counteracts the night that surrounds the moon. I also see myself as a light in the darkness. It reminds me of hope even when things are difficult. There's this song that I resonate with deeply, though I've never watched the anime lol.

Again, this song gives me hope. It reminds me to keep fighting. In particular, these lyrics meant a lot to me:

"I'll go anywhere, that's what I learned here
I'll show you that I'll fulfill the dream known as happiness
Even if I'm separated from everyone, no matter how far apart we are
I will live on in a brand new morning."

And later,

"Even if I'm alone, I will go on, even if I want to die
I can hear your voice telling me I mustn't give up
Even if it hurts, even if I'm trapped in the dark...
Deep in my heart, a light has been lit.
"

That light means almost everything to me. And it is Lunar Light, because of what the moon means to me and my connection to it, and especially because of what it represents in my life.

Thanks for asking!

Lunar Light

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What's with the ENFP obsession with INTJ? What's the appeal? I see a lot of fawning from ENFPs on another forum.
lmao is it PerC? Ahaha yeah that sort of pissed me off. I actually made a thread challenging the notion.

IMO, I think it's an attraction/infatuation with a sort of opposite type of person that still shares major similarities in worldview. I say opposite, because the ENFP tends to be more light and optimistic, open... whereas the INTJ tends to be more reserved, realistic, "mysterious." I would think ENFPs are immediately attracted to the different perspective that INTJ brings with Ni. It's different, exciting, how the types approach ideas. It can make for good discussion. Then the similar worldview, with shared Fi/Te. I think ENFPs would appreciate the INTJ's Te, as it is more subtle than Te-dom. INTJs might feel similarly toward the ENFP's aux Fi... and so the types have the potential to balance each other out.

That's my best guess.

Lunar Light

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you get bored often, how often you change your lifestyle?
Hmm, I guess this is sort of hard to answer. I find myself constantly needing and wanting stimulation; my mind likes to be running and I get anxiety when I don't have something to do. I flip through so many different things, looking for something to get sucked into (I'd attribute this in part to sx as well as ADHD btw). But the calm sort of bored that I feel is probably more common, I don't get too much, simply because if I don't like something I probably won't be continuing with it unless it means something to me personally. So yeah, it doesn't usually get to that point. Except when I'm in class lectures. I can't bring myself to listen. It's very difficult and physically exhausts me, most of the time. Obligations like that are hard :/.

How often do I change my lifestyle? Well, little things... all the time. I tend to be quite obsessive and once I'm "done" I like to switch around. Whether it's just moving around, being in a different room in the house or just a different position, I find myself shifting often. It's hard to stay still, both concretely and figuratively. I'd say I'm a particularly scattered ENFP though. For bigger things, I'm more hesitant. Shifts in opinion happen often as I consider more, but it doesn't necessarily translate to a change.

Currently, I'm in the process of a huge shift ahaha.

Synaw

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJ male here, I need some help deciphering a female ENFP, if you have a crush, how do you act around/towards your crush? Do you tend to touch them more than other people, say, randomly rest your head on their shoulder or maybe playfully hit them or something similar?