• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] MBTI Relationship Compatibility Chart (Simplified)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Something to think about before you go jumping into a relationship:

compatibility%20chart_zpswvshs5ab.jpg

Kas

Fabula rasa
And why do they take all S-types away from me? I disagree.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, that's weird that the NFs are allegedly incompatible with all of the Sensing types. Are NFs really that unaccommodating? I doubt it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The INTP part works for me.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm immediately skeptical of a chart that lists ENTJs as the apparently universally compatible type. Although I'm kind of confused as to which side is benefitting in the instance of a "one sided match".

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, that's weird that the NFs are allegedly incompatible with all of the Sensing types. Are NFs really that unaccommodating? I doubt it.

The ENFJ is ideally compatibility with ISFP.

Jaguar

The MBTI would never play a role in my decision to begin with.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

compatibility%20chart_zpswvshs5ab.jpg

What is a one sided match? How do we know which side is on the positive and which is on the negative side?

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

In my estimation, 'isn't that the NF is unaccommodating (non-roomy-"dating"?? :dry:)...it's that they are "head-in-the-clouds" or flaky space cadets, which drives the immediate-sensation-types *crazy*.
And some NFs tend to get deep feelings hurt and not communicate it well...Scylla and Charybdis.

Just my 0.02 worth; only not even that, because I'm offering it for free. And you get what you pay for...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What is a one sided match? How do we know which side is on the positive and which is on the negative side?

One person says, "I love you," and the other person say, "Eh..."

Lunar Light

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If anything, why would I think about this before getting into a relationship? I think something that these typology forums seriously suffer from is believing that typology gives more than a one, or at best, two-dimensional idea of someone. Bring in another person, and overall I'd say compatibility based on typology is a hit or miss, not something to take too seriously. It has its uses, and is good for understanding people, but people have unique nuances that make them more or less appealing, separate from type. Get to know the person, rather than seeing them as simply a type. I definitely use typology in my relationship, but as a way of explaining behavior and understanding it in my SO, not really as criteria for a partner, good or bad, but especially not bad. I don't like negatively judging people based on loose stereotypes.

I also find it highly amusing that there's no in-between for the NFs. It's either "ideal" / "good chance" or "NOPE." And of course all the ones that wouldn't work are with sensing types, which is pretty BS.

From a theoretical standpoint, INFJ would personally not be ideal for me anyway. But again, it depends on the specific person. INTJ is fine overall. Wouldn't say necessarily ideal, but fine. I don't see an "ideal" type for me, and if I say that (or desire a particular type, since I doubt myself saying that), I'm probably just going through a phase.

Based on conjecture, I think good types for me in general would be INFP/ESFP, then ISFP, then INTJ/ENTJ, and the rest I don't have strong enough opinions to form some sort of order. That said, I wouldn't call INFP/ESFP "ideal." And again, I'd never actually really apply this because I see it as pointless. I only do this for my own amusement, not to judge new people with.

From my experience, enneagram has mattered more than JCF anyway... my best relationships/most compatible people have been with 6s. In order, this would be an INFP 6w5 (my SO), an INTP 6w5, an ISTP 6w7, an ISTJ 6w5, and an ESFP 6w7. I didn't even know enneagram or JCF at all for the latter four (met my SO on PerC). I didn't choose anyone based on something like that. Just happened to be the pattern. If you look at the types I listed above, three of the five aren't part of the types I would expect to be good with me, and the order isn't what one would expect from what I wrote.

So yeah. Life is a toss-up. Don't let typology keep you from doing anything X_X.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
In my estimation, 'isn't that the NF is unaccommodating (non-roomy-"dating"?? :dry:)...it's that they are "head-in-the-clouds" or flaky space cadets, which drives the immediate-sensation-types *crazy*.
And some NFs tend to get deep feelings hurt and not communicate it well...Scylla and Charybdis.

Just my 0.02 worth; only not even that, because I'm offering it for free. And you get what you pay for...

Why are we assuming that the S-type is the one being driven crazy? As I see it, they're getting a great deal. ;)

eta: this is a crappy chart.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm immediately skeptical of a chart that lists ENTJs as the apparently universally compatible type. Although I'm kind of confused as to which side is benefitting in the instance of a "one sided match".

Maybe the chart's author is an ENTJ. :laugh:

The ideal matches are inconsistent... I wonder what data fed into this.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

N's don't bother me, some S types bore me. I get along well with NFPS and INFJs. Disagree with ISTP. Only Ns I have issues with are close minded N rules and S drools types. I usually put them in place quickly and make them drool for fun though.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe the chart's author is an ENTJ. :laugh:

The ideal matches are inconsistent... I wonder what data fed into this.

Double or nothing that it's an INTP that made it. ENTJs tend to be pretty realistic that we're basically terrible and should not be dated by 90% of the general population lol.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've seen this chart before. It's all nonsense to be honest.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Double or nothing that it's an INTP that made it. ENTJs tend to be pretty realistic that we're basically terrible and should not be dated by 90% of the general population lol.

Quadruple or nothing it's an ENTJ posing as an INTP in order to boost the perceived approval of ENTJs in an obvious bid for more minions.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i am directly defying this chart.... and nobody's gonna stop me! :smoke:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTJs tend to be pretty realistic that we're basically terrible and should not be dated by 90% of the general population lol.

I wouldn't mind taking one for the team. :drool: