• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and body type

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most INFPs I've known are thin, not just thinner than average, but thin by most people's standards. I am thin also....and would be in pretty much any country. I'm 5'7 and the most I've ever weighed in my life was maybe 128 lbs, usually closer to 120. An INFP friend of mine is like size 0 skinny with a stereotypical Asian girl figure, after having two kids too. I know some plumper ones too, but I'd say the skinny ones outnumber them.

So I don't see any pattern at all, honestly.

:sadbanana:

I guess there isn't much of a pattern.

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
I slouch, I'm slim, and I'm short.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm. I'm 5'4.5 and thinner than I'd like to be (size 0/2). I don't think I realized my natural thinness growing up because I was much more muscular (via years and years of dance). Post dance years, I'm a total bean pole, though I did have a chubby phase at the end of High School. :thinking:

I am of smaller bone structure though, longer torso and fingers.

A note on physical bearing (which I think can be type related): though I hate it, people comment often that I seem "delicate", or (less insulting) graceful. I tend to think that's just my dance background, but I've been argued with.

INFPtheQuietOne

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
No, the typical body type for an INFP is slim/average and light muscled. I'm a bit skinny and on the shorter side, but still average and doesn't stand out. It seems to be the same for the INTx types, not sure of INFJ though.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I saw a chart online that pretty much threw Extraverted Sensors in the mesomorph category, Ne auxillaries were endomorph, and Ne doms and Ni users were closer to ectomorph.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I am still working on compiling the results of my observations and findings:)

I've been interviewing people for a job position all day long today, so I've not even had time to get online until now. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish typing up my notes by tomorrow.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I set out on a mission last week, to interview people in real life about type and upon establishing type, to note and observe body type. My findings are in no way scientific absolutes, but they are interesting. I approached people of both genders, from all age groups, diverse cultural backgrounds and a variety of walks of life. I did this to ensure that it was type, not cultural, gender or age differences that was the common denominator among subjects.

I will refer to subjects by false names to protect their identities. I am putting notes about the individuals I observed in spoiler tags. I believe that to have a more accurate reading I would have to observe and document hundreds of people from each type, but this is a starting place. I think that while no type has any ONE COMMON feature in body type I did find that some types seem to lean more toward striving to keep fit than others, but height, build, etc. are more dependent upon familial genetics than on cognitive type. Still, I found that Si-dominant types tend to lean toward moderation in both appearance and attitude towards being fit with ISFJs tending to care more about how they "looked" in the eyes of others than did ISTJs.

I found that ISTPs tended to be slightly more fit than ISFPs, but this is, by no means, a hard rule. I'm sure that many ISFPs are very fit, just not the two that I observed and talked to.

For now, I'm just posting introverted sensors. I haven't had time to type up the rest of my notes yet. If you disagree, that's fine. I'm not reporting this as iron-clad facts, just as real life observations.

INTROVERTED SENSORS

I will post the other notes I took as soon as I type them up, probably tomorrow. I'm going to watch television now:)

- - - Updated - - -