• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you perceive your inferior function?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Not arguing that what you typed isn't how things are, just that maybe there is a different way that is non-berating. It's kinda like switching your point of view. From a negative to a positive and seeing how competent and productive you are.

I know personally I can only handle so much. I push as hard as I can and know I did my best. Doesn't mean I always like it, when that happens I just learn and do it different next time. I do understand, I very frequently overy extend myself and don't see what I actually accomplish. I know I am doing what I can, could I do more, possibly. Do i slow down sometimes like now when i have alot to do. But that's life, we can only do so much without recovery. Life is a balance and is best when not swinging from extremes. Thankfully in last couple years I have surrounded myself with mostly happy positive people that help me with that stuff. And when they see me get stressed can slow me down and recenter me to the point I get back on track and keep pushing.

:shrug: just my 2 cents of how I handle life.

Ya, it sounds good. I hear what you're saying, and it's something I've been looking at more closely. I don't know how to "hear" Te as inspirational instead of berating, is kind of the essence of the issue maybe. Something to work on. Thanks for what you said. :)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For better or for worse, it's a significant part of my personality. Can't live with it, can't live without it.
With time, I've learned to use it more constructively with varying levels of effectiveness. Sometimes I can even pass for non-inferior user. Other times, it completely trips me up and I get really insecure around it. No one appreciates me! Or I have some uncharacteristic emotional outburst I regret later.

INFPtheQuietOne

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I rarely use it, well I couldn't bring myself to do it in my case, does this happen a lot? I think my Te is very low and I mostly use Ne more, but my Fi is the highest and can cause extreme shyness. Love it and hate it :D

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Te is fairly present in me - both positive and negative. I know it is evident in me when I am planning, and my desire for efficiency. In a positive sense, it gets and keeps me moving, helps me accomplish things. In a negative sense, if I am in a mode of action and wanting to 'do' things, I can become impatient with others, probably somewhat drill-sergeant like - 'Let's go!' 'Here let me do that so we can be on our way' etc. (I am not a very patient person I'm afraid, if I'm in this mode). Or under stress/ upset, I can become kind of blunt.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My inferior brings out the negative ESFP in me :sorry:

I become a beast, nothing is going to get in my way. I indulge in things I have strictly forbidden myself for ever having. I become .... how do they say it? King Kong, as one close to me has explained it. I deal in black and white thinking I barely touch the surface of anything, I don't delve deeper into understanding anything around me. Purely living in the moment.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
My inferior function which is ne ti. It makes me think something is out there to get me and i do not know what is out, but i believe it is there and once i have seen it, i will have something to defend myself and once i see it, i become more relieved and i can go back to being my calm optimistic self calm, but happy self

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My inferior is Se. How has it impacted my life?

I usually have a keen sense of place and rarely get lost, even in new cities and foreign countries.

It helps feed my all consuming Ni.

When I was younger, it made me restless. I quit too many jobs because I was bored or they were not exciting enough. I no longer have that issue and can easily do mind numbing work, especially if I am drawing a good paycheck.

Most noticeably, it shaped my romantic choices, especially as a teenager and young adult. I dated a lot of ESFPs that were a lot of fun and not timid in what they wanted in the least. The relationships never lasted long. I did not date introverts, Se wanted nothing of that. The one INFP I dated in college picked me out of a crowd and was so insightful and we connected so fast, my Se freaked out.

I doubt I would have married my ESTJ wife without my Se looking for excitement and challenge. I have had more than enough of that as everyone can see if you check out my thread on the advice and support section.

Inferior does not always mean weak, though only Si and Te rate lower for me than Se on functions tests. It just means dangerous when uncontrolled and not developed.