• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Shadow mode

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Today I endured some awful project group with a bunch of people I don't know, and several of whom I don't like. It was extremely stressful. I noticed myself flipping into a definite Te-Si sort of thing, so it got me thinking. What do you think of the whole shadow mode thing? Have you experienced it?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Inferior function is the "doorway" to your shadow( https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...tial-secrets-psychotherapy-what-is-the-shadow ), this applies to tert too to some extend because it also is usually rather undifferentiated(not separated from other things in the unconscious). Shadow tends to come out in times of stress more and because it comes through undifferentiated functions(as they are connected to shadow), you might exhibit more inferior and tert behavior. My ENFP mom for example often starts to be ISTJ anal about of stuff and try to Te style organize everything when annoyed about some task. Like "get things done now and in my way and if you cant co-operate, get out of my way", also comes not open at all to alternative solutions.

Jaguar

Assigning function-attitudes to a mere state of annoyance is a bit much. But then some people type house plants . . .

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Assigning function-attitudes to a mere state of annoyance is a bit much. But then some people type house plants . . .

Hmm... do you reckon plants actually have types? :huh: I was wondering this the other day.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

How would you type a cactus or a button mushroom?