• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why so much ESxx hate?

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type wars! Oh god no...
Still not as bad as...

TekWar_first_edition_hardback_cover.jpg

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Type wars! Oh god no... This is why I do not identify with a type. Cuz I gots da foresite tah sea thes crap coming. But I'm prepared. I can just sit by, read a book, and watch half the population destroy themselves. Live amongst the ISXX's and the ENXX's. Hide myself away, be Switzerland.

YOU HAVE TO PICK A SIDE OR BE SLAUGHTERED LIKE THE NEUTRAL YOU ARE!

Just like in the new Fire Emblem trailer!

The peace-loving ESxx side or the power-seeking INxx side...it's your choice....

(side note: I actually don't know which side I want to choose yet when I get the game :cry:)

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp

Just like in the new Fire Emblem trailer!

The peace-loving ESxx side or the power-seeking INxx side...it's your choice....

(side note: I actually don't know which side I want to choose yet when I get the game :cry:)

Nooo! You don't understand! I have to remain incognito, because you see it is the powerful specimens like me that just get taken advantage of. I am just so amazing that I could take down either side with one hand tied behind my back, and that just would not be fair.

Best to let the humans solve their human problems, I may step in if things get too messy-you know, because I need people to grow my food, diagnose and treat me in my old age, and pretty much do all the garbage that I am just too awesomly lazy to do. Though I suppose I could just create some sort of super-computer to do that all for me. Just need a few people to do the grunt work until I get things up and running.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Meh, knowing me, even if I pick a side, someone's going to accuse me of being a traitor and march me before a virtual firing squad. Or court martial me for not saying "excuse me" when I stick a bayonet into someone.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Meh, knowing me, even if I pick a side, someone's going to accuse me of being a traitor and march me before a virtual firing squad. Or court martial me for not saying "excuse me" when I stick a bayonet into someone.
Spoken like a typical wishy-washy Perceiver. You guys are always on the fence. ;)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Spoken like a typical wishy-washy Perceiver. You guys are always on the fence. ;)

What both factions need is some kind of Loyalty Oath. That way, we can know for sure that anyone performs the oath isn't a traitor. Who would object to such a sensible plan? In fact, if anyone objects to the concept, this must be proof that they are in fact a traitor. That way, we have only loyal people left in both the INXX and the ESXX armies.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
What we need is some kind of Loyalty Oath. That way, we can know for sure that anyone who signs it isn't a traitor. Who would object to such a sensible plan?

Well certainly not the bully ESXX's, they would probably force the poor INXX's to sign kicking and screaming. But since INXX's are such free thinkers, who occasionally do not uphold all expectation, at the end of the day it would all just be a moot point. Yeah, just thought I would spell that out.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well certainly not the bully ESXX's, they would probably force the poor INXX's to sign kicking and screaming. But since INXX's are such free thinkers, who occasionally do not uphold all expectation, at the end of the day it would all just be a moot point. Yeah, just thought I would spell that out.

I think the way it would play out is that you'd have an ESXX loyalty oath, and an INXX loyalty oath.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can I sign a loyalty oath to the non-idiot side? That includes the INxxs and the ESxxs.

(I may, on occasion, defect to the idiot side, like when I forget my coffee on the roof of my car. But I'll try to keep it to a minimum.)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why do people hate ESxx? Because ESxx hate us. Doesn't get simpler than that...

not "us," just you :devil:

I'd like an explanation for why I have a shitload of posts and have been here forever if I hate all things online and theoretical

and for the record, I hate mainstream sports :thelook:

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think the way it would play out is that you'd have an ESXX loyalty oath, and an INXX loyalty oath.

Two loyalty oaths that have their own definitions of what exactly constitutes loyalty. The ESXX one, theoretically written most likely by an ESTJ, filled with exacting standards, practical responsibilities, and strict and overtly intimidating outlines of consequences to reign in the ESXP's.

The INXX one, presumably created by the INTJs, holding similar standards, but assuming the possibility of more individual capability on the parts of the other types, might be more long term at the risk of neglecting the short term. Consisting of intense scare tactics to wrangle in the any thoughts of individuals going AWOL (INXP's).

Both loyalty oaths would pretty much focus on the stragglers. It is those damn percievers on both sides you have to really keep your eye on. Just because someone signs a loyalty oath, does not mean that there aren't those that would be ballsy enough to play both sides. I guess there would have to be intense psychological evaluation really pinpointing a type and then constant supervision required to really make sure no one deflects. So it would be nearly impossible to prevent unless you are willing to sacrifice growth for babysitting.

Still say the ESXX's would win though, I mean extroverted sensors against introverted intuitives in a extroverted battle, unless the intuitives are able to develop sufficient technology to counter the probable disadvantage they face against the extroverts assumed greater physical endurance and numbers advantage, even when considering a possible edge on tactical planning.

This is all just general stereotyping for fun, though I do wonder how this would play out if there really ever was circumstance for a rift between the two type 'categories'.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

nah... the ESxPs, if they're worth their stereotype, would woo them with sex, drugs and the power of hair metal... and would then forget about signing oaths all together because sex is fun :shrug:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Two loyalty oaths that have their own definitions of what exactly constitutes loyalty. The ESXX one, theoretically written most likely by an ESTJ, filled with exacting standards, practical responsibilities, and strict and overtly intimidating outlines of consequences to reign in the ESXP's.

The INXX one, presumably created by the INTJs, holding similar standards, but assuming the possibility of more individual capability on the parts of the other types, might be more long term at the risk of neglecting the short term. Consisting of intense scare tactics to wrangle in the any thoughts of individuals going AWOL (INXP's).
Let's not assume that an INXP wouldn't write a loyalty oath. I think the sort of INXP that would write a loyalty oath would just put in a lot of vague language so that they could make it mean whatever they want it to mean, and put whoever they decided they disliked at that particular moment under suspicion.

Both loyalty oaths would pretty much focus on the stragglers. It is those damn percievers on both sides you have to really keep your eye on. Just because someone signs a loyalty oath, does not mean that there aren't those that would be ballsy enough to play both sides. I guess there would have to be intense psychological evaluation really pinpointing a type and then constant supervision required to really make sure no one deflects. So it would be nearly impossible to prevent unless you are willing to sacrifice growth for babysitting.

Of course anyone who signs a loyalty oath can be a traitor. A loyalty oath does nothing to actually insure loyalty. The benefit of instituting a loyalty oath for the person proposing it is that it allows them to pick off the loyal opposition. That is, they can point their finger at anyone saying "this is kind of stupid" and label them a traitor. If we are fighting a war, we cannot have underlings undermining the reputation of those in command, after all.

Still say the ESXX's would win though, I mean extroverted sensors against introverted intuitives in a extroverted battle, unless the intuitives are able to develop sufficient technology to counter the probable disadvantage they face against the extroverts assumed greater physical endurance and numbers advantage, even when considering a possible edge on tactical planning.

The ESXX's would hold the advantage, yes.

Chrysanthea

I don't feel safe in a faction run by INTJ's. I'd probably be exiled the first day of battle anyway for incompetency and lack of willingness to hurt my beloved ESxx's. I will have to sneak off into the ESxx Stronghold and pretend to be one of them. But then they might ask me to prove myself by completing various ESxx-esque tasks, like playing football or cooking a simple Italian dish, which I would then proceed to humiliate myself with. Though even if I were to be imprisoned for such dishonesty against the law, I'm sure some amazing ESFJ will be nice enough to treat me luxuriously in my lonely little cell. :D

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Can I sign a loyalty oath to the non-idiot side? That includes the INxxs and the ESxxs.

(I may, on occasion, defect to the idiot side, like when I forget my coffee on the roof of my car. But I'll try to keep it to a minimum.)

I'd rather sign a loyalty oath to the idiot side, and then defect. Being idiots, I'm more likely to escape execution than vice versa.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't feel safe in a faction run by INTJ's. I'd probably be exiled the first day of battle anyway for incompetency and lack of willingness to hurt my beloved ESxx's. I will have to sneak off into the ESxx Stronghold and pretend to be one of them. But then they might ask me to prove myself by completing various ESxx-esque tasks, like playing football or cooking a simple Italian dish, which I would then proceed to humiliate myself with. Though even if I were to be imprisoned for such dishonesty against the law, I'm sure some amazing ESFJ will be nice enough to treat me luxuriously in my lonely little cell. :D

all you have to do is to complement my cooking and I'll keep cooking... and if you don't want to be the one climbing onto the roof to fix the gutters that means more climbing and tools for me to play with! :holy:

that's what people around here rarely seem to get... I'm not upset if someone doesn't share my interests or tendencies... it means that there's more of what I like for ME to revel in. And if someone else wants to do the shit I suck at (I'm looking at the more anal retentive people here :thelook:) knock yourselves out! No, I have no use in bullying you if you're different than me, though you may take my sense of humor wrong if you don't know me... you could ask if I'm joking if you're really offended or hurt... I'll apologize because I really don't intend to hurt people (with possible exception to my archnemesis, who is a truly evil human being who sows despair wherever she goes). I'm quite fine with everyone (archnemesis excluded) being whoever they are... variety is a lot more fun than uniformity. I DO expect to be treated with the same acceptance and respect though. Don't show me that and then you are asking for some enmity :shrug:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To actually answer the OP's question, because a lot of people join this forum (or internet social groups in general) because they feel they don't fit in IRL. A lot of people out in the real world are ESxx, and it probably seems like more because they are extroverted, and potentially (not always or even mostly) more assertive with pushing *their* way of life onto others. Which causes resentment in shy INxx peoples who feel like oppressed outcasts, and then they come here to bitch about their ESFJ mom, ESTP school bully or whatever .

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Let's not assume that an INXP wouldn't write a loyalty oath. I think the sort of INXP that would write a loyalty oath would just put in a lot of vague language so that they could make it mean whatever they want it to mean, and put whoever they decided they disliked at that particular moment under suspicion.

Yes, it would be possible that the INXP could be the one to write the first loyalty oath and set the conceptual groundwork. But while they might write the initial oath, they would probably falter at others demands for clearer and more precise language. If they were able to remove themselves from the demands of the more particular masses, the INXJ's, their oath could potentially stand. More than likely though, the INXJ (particularly the INTJ) would feel the undeniable urge to clarify and add more definate meaning to the original viewpoints. So while the INXP might start out writing the oath, more than likely the INXJ would finish it.

Of course anyone who signs a loyalty oath can be a traitor. A loyalty oath does nothing to actually insure loyalty. The benefit of instituting a loyalty oath for the person proposing it is that it allows them to pick off the loyal opposition. That is, they can point their finger at anyone saying "this is kind of stupid" and label them a traitor. If we are fighting a war, we cannot have underlings undermining the reputation of those in command, after all.

Yes, it would weed out the obvious possible weaker links, but it is not foolproof. What would be needed would be a way to really break down any potential allies to check for any weakness beneath the surface. Torture tactics... Maybe being stuck in a room with a hostage and over caffeinated ESFP for a few days on end. See how they can handle themselves.

The ESXX's would hold the advantage, yes.[/QUOTE]

Undoubtedly. Though if the INXX's can find recruits, particularly of the Se/Ni variety, they might have a chance. On their own, particularly in hand to hand combat, ignoring any potential distracting variables, it would just end up more than likely being embarassing.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because there is a disproportionate amount of INxx types here, and they have chips on their shoulders. ESxx types win much of the love offline, as they are often seen as the standard for what is a normal and desirable personality. INxx types may be seen as, well, the opposite of that. Even if appreciated, INxx personalities may be seen as odd and there can be a sense of alienation for them. So here is some place they can gather together and whine about it :tongue:

And before anyone cries Fi, I see INTPs and INFJs whining just as much, and this forum in particular has more of an NT vibe overall.