• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

intps,entp, or nps do you sometimes experience introverted intuition?

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hi to the intps entps and nps im just doing a survey and would to know if you experience ah ha moments and sudden flashes of inishgt?and could you personalty describe them thanks?

I don't experience Ni, but I do experience aha moments. I'll try to describe them.

There might be a specific problem with a project or a concept. After making no progress, beating my head against a wall, I give up or set the idea aside. While doing something mundane, inspiration will strike. It's usually a collision of disparate ideas that I had considered separately. They'll suddenly merge. Sometimes, new information triggers a revelation. Things lock into place, as if I've found the final piece of a puzzle.

Mulling something over, actively (maybe even desperately) seeking a solution, and then taking a break seems to be the key for me. Those moments of insight put me in a euphoric mood. I feel like a genius. I'm not a genius, but it's a very nice feeling.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Flashes of insight: sometimes. Aha moments: not really. I don't see the flashes as Ni though, just intuition.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is a lot of debate on this but personally I'd argue that no, you don't. I take a Jungian approach to the idea of "shadow functions" and assume that anything you as an xNxP (or xSxJ) type experience as "Ni" is actually some manifestation of Si and/or Ne. If you haven't actually seen the world through the Ni lens, it's hard to realize you may not be experiencing it at all.

It depends on what "ego-state" the person is in. If in a normal state, then any function can be used [i.e. "general"]. The functions are just divisions of reality, so what we're calling "Ni" simply means looking more at what's inferred than is "is", as can be seen right in front of you; and that the inferences come from an individual (or "internal", "subjective") place (like "hunches") rather than from the environment (like other patterns to compare to). Again, everyone has this.
In a type specific ["special"] sense, Ne and Si would be int he ego-states of supporting the ego's agenda. Under stress, then you might fall into a more negative version of the supporting state, which would then turn the iNtuition more inward.

chado

MBTI Type
infp
i like to hear about those moments were the answer suddenly pops into head

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i like to hear about those moments were the answer suddenly pops into head

ENTP, me and INTJ were discussing about Wheeler's delayed choice experiment Wheeler's delayed choice experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and ENTP was explaining how his uncle claimed that it could be used to predict the future in some limited settings. Instantly a solution how it could work, how the machine should be built and data it gives be handled popped into my head.

chado

MBTI Type
infp
i had one when i was in the shower ,i was thinking about this situation when an insight just poped into my head

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think Ne-Ti can simulate Ni, to a degree. It's misdiagnosing the connection. If Ti makes sense of something Ne streams in then it *feels* like an epiphany because it was generated from one's own mind.