• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ne--Ode to the processes

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
My friend, Elle [not her real name] is a writer, but she's not quite like me. She's the best person in the world to talk plot with because she can brainstorm more possible scenarios than I can shake a stick at. She's always coming up with a "possibility" and in fact, she loves possibilities more than realities. Once the possibility is a reality then the thrill is gone. The other day I was trying to understand Ne and that's when I realized that Elle's predominant function is Ne. She is like Ne with legs and a heart, because she's also got a healthy dose of compassion and when other people are going through something, she thinks how she would feel in their place and she reaches out. Elle is quirky and hilarious and so much fun to be with. She's imaginative and her mind is always going to the future, but not in the same way that mine does. She's always coming up with new things to explore and she is filled with wonderment and excitement

Elle takes kung fu lessons from me. Having her in class is a blast. I never know what she's going to come off with and it's usually funny and quirky. The other day one of my co-instructors was making noises each time he would strike the punching bag. Elle got tickled and started laughing. The noise he made sounded like "Su...su..." Elle said, "Who's Sue?" She snickered all through class, each time he would strike and say, "Su...." she would just crack up. She came up to me after class and said, "I'm sorry I couldn't stop laughing, but I have a wonderful idea. What if you made a comic book?"

"Okay," I said.

"Yeah, yeah, and you could make it about this redneck who takes kung fu lessons and he shows up for class in his pajamas and house slippers and when the instructor says, 'su' he starts looking around and hollers out, 'who's Sue?'" So, we spent several minutes talking about the possibility of something like Ernest Takes Kung Fu, or Billy Bob Meets the Shaolin Master. You get the idea, I'm sure. The best thing about Elle is that she loves to imagine and their is no limit on her ideas. She is open-minded but is firmly grounded in her own values, and the next best thing is that she is a kind person.

Anyway, I'm not an Ne dominant person and so my little anecdote may be not be the greatest example, so I'd like to hear yours. I think Ne is responsible for so many great discoveries and ideas, I admire what it can accomplish. So, do you have an Ne anecdote? Are you Ne dominant? What is your ode to the process?

aanule

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think my Ne is generally just counterproductive. Like, right now I'm looking for a summer job... And by "looking", i mean I'm checking the want ads and going over exactly how my life would look with each job in my head and not actually applying for anything. I've lived a hundred lives in my mind. : D

Uhhmmm... For ideas... When my kids were in diapers, I was cloth diapering. If you don't know, there are many styles now, and I wanted something that wasn't on the market yet... So I designed a system that minimized (for me) the negatives, and maximized the benefits, and made them. Of course, the major brands started coming out with the same thing the next year... Funny how innovation works that way!

Raspberry_rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think my Ne is generally just counterproductive. Like, right now I'm looking for a summer job... And by "looking", i mean I'm checking the want ads and going over exactly how my life would look with each job in my head and not actually applying for anything. I've lived a hundred lives in my mind. : D

Uhhmmm... For ideas... When my kids were in diapers, I was cloth diapering. If you don't know, there are many styles now, and I wanted something that wasn't on the market yet... So I designed a system that minimized (for me) the negatives, and maximized the benefits, and made them. Of course, the major brands started coming out with the same thing the next year... Funny how innovation works that way!

This! I'm always so busy envisioning the perfect life in my head that I forget about reality. I love to make up stories and I love to hear the stories of people around me. I have almost a sixth sense about people's character and personalities (as an example, I've typed everybody I know on the MBTI chart mentally and then had them test to confirm and I've been right every time) I can get excited about any concept, something is only boring if you make it boring. I'm a social chameleon because I sort of absorb people's energies...hahaha I know that sounds really weird but I don't know how to describe it any other way. I'm horrible at graphs and anything with numbers and concrete formulas. It's like speaking a foreign language only the foreign language is way easier! Probably the biggest thing though is that I see the whole world as one big interconnected puzzle and I'm always trying to scan the puzzle pieces and see how they fit together. Everything has a deeper meaning with Ne.

Destiny

A wannabe dog
My friend, Elle [not her real name] is a writer, but she's not quite like me. She's the best person in the world to talk plot with because she can brainstorm more possible scenarios than I can shake a stick at. She's always coming up with a "possibility" and in fact, she loves possibilities more than realities. Once the possibility is a reality then the thrill is gone. The other day I was trying to understand Ne and that's when I realized that Elle's predominant function is Ne. She is like Ne with legs and a heart, because she's also got a healthy dose of compassion and when other people are going through something, she thinks how she would feel in their place and she reaches out. Elle is quirky and hilarious and so much fun to be with. She's imaginative and her mind is always going to the future, but not in the same way that mine does. She's always coming up with new things to explore and she is filled with wonderment and excitement

Elle takes kung fu lessons from me. Having her in class is a blast. I never know what she's going to come off with and it's usually funny and quirky. The other day one of my co-instructors was making noises each time he would strike the punching bag. Elle got tickled and started laughing. The noise he made sounded like "Su...su..." Elle said, "Who's Sue?" She snickered all through class, each time he would strike and say, "Su...." she would just crack up. She came up to me after class and said, "I'm sorry I couldn't stop laughing, but I have a wonderful idea. What if you made a comic book?"

"Okay," I said.

"Yeah, yeah, and you could make it about this redneck who takes kung fu lessons and he shows up for class in his pajamas and house slippers and when the instructor says, 'su' he starts looking around and hollers out, 'who's Sue?'" So, we spent several minutes talking about the possibility of something like Ernest Takes Kung Fu, or Billy Bob Meets the Shaolin Master. You get the idea, I'm sure. The best thing about Elle is that she loves to imagine and their is no limit on her ideas. She is open-minded but is firmly grounded in her own values, and the next best thing is that she is a kind person.

Anyway, I'm not an Ne dominant person and so my little anecdote may be not be the greatest example, so I'd like to hear yours. I think Ne is responsible for so many great discoveries and ideas, I admire what it can accomplish. So, do you have an Ne anecdote? Are you Ne dominant? What is your ode to the process?

I'm Ne auxiliary and I am the same way as your friend too.

I am good at coming up with ideas, I am a very open-minded person and I am also good at putting myself in other people's shoes due to my vivid imagination, which I attribute to my Ne. I find it ironic though that INFPs are said to be Ji dom when my thinking style is actually very open and free-flowing.