• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A new and easy way to type others.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Step 1: determine the person's dominant function attitude and orientation.

Pe(EPs)-Adventurous seekers of novel information
Pi(IJs)-reluctant to seek new information and more of a reflector
Je(EJs)-closure seeker
Ji(IPs)- adaptable and avoidant of closure.

If you can't figure out what the person is dominantly, try finding their opposite function (Je is opposite of Ji and Pe is opposite of Pi, etc)

Step 2: figure out the person's attitude towards directing others.

Directive(NJ, and ST): prefer to take control whether it be because they believe it is their responsibility, or because they just prefer being direct rather than informative language

Informative(NP and SF): prefer to try to sooth or convince others instead of directly order them either because they believe everyone is unique, or because they believe that it is considerate to do so.

Step 3: determine the person's attitude towards making decisions

Pragmatic(SPs and NTs): prefer to make decisions independent of opinion or law.
Affiliative(NFs and SJs): prefer to make decisions using some sort of agreement, whether it be a rule or a concern for another person.

If you're having trouble determining the difference, use the letters that you are 100% sure of to make it easier to decide on one's non letter preferences. Also, use what you know about the the person's type to determine the difference between the two similar types. Ex: if the person shows Ji, pragmatic, and informative traits, but the person seems more logical and intellectual, the person is INTP, not ISFP.

And finally, the types and their non-letter preferences.
ESTJ-Je,Affiliative, directive
ESFJ- Je, affiliative, informative
ISTJ-Pi, affiliative, directive
ISFJ- Pi, affiliative, informative
ESTP-Pe, pragmatic, directive
ISTP-Ji, pragmatic, directive
ESFP-Pe, pragmatic, informative
ISFP- Ji, pragmatic, informative
ENTP-Pe, pragmatic, informative
INTP-Ji, pragmatic, informative
INTJ-Pi, pragmatic, directive
ENTJ-Je, pragmatic, directive
ENFP-Pe, affiliative, informative
INFP-Ji, affiliative, informative
ENFJ- Je, affiliative, directive
INFJ-Pi, affiliative, directive

My type is ESTP according to this formula.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I dont think much of this is correct. For example INJs are not reluctant to seek new information, quite the opposite..

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I agree with INTP above. I don't think this is great tbh. I feel like some descriptions are too broad or too assumptive.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well then I guess I need another description for Pi. Got any ideas?
I dont think much of this is correct. For example INJs are not reluctant to seek new information, quite the opposite..

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Have any suggestions for how I can improve it?
I agree with INTP above. I don't think this is great tbh. I feel like some descriptions are too broad or too assumptive.

Cygnus

Step 1: determine the person's dominant function attitude and orientation.

Pe(EPs)-Adventurous seekers of novel information
Pi(IJs)-reluctant to seek new information and more of a reflector
Je(EJs)-closure seeker
Ji(IPs)- adaptable and avoidant of closure.

Addendum: Je makes judments of values (read: "values" can be either logical or ethical judgments) based on what is visible in its environment to protect one's internal state of "existence" as defined by Pi; Ji makes value judgments internally, independent of the environment, but a person's well-being and approach to life are variable depending on the environment as defined by Pe. If you wish to determine a person's temperament, a good first step would be to determine whether they "flow" through life by the ropes of an external system (Je; as an example, ENFJs pleasing others and maintaining stability by forming relationships; ESTJs finding a niche within external structures of work and tasks), or Ji (the person's values, however or not apparent, do not seem particularly linked to the views of others).