• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Has anyone else ever thought this would be fun?

DreamBeliever

Sometimes I just want to get a car & go for a drive with no destination in mind & basically purposefully get lost, just so I can explore a new area. Wherever I end up going, just spend the whole day there observing & walking around the shops, checking out new restaurants I've never been to, & just soaking in all the new scenery, instead of seeing the same thing over & over. It's almost like a mini vacation, because you get to be in a totally different area, even while driving there, if you drive a pretty decent amount of miles. I also just find long drives relaxing. Nothing but the open road, the motion of the car, & some music playing on the radio. Anyone else ever think of doing something like this? Anyone else think this sounds fun?

Cygnus

This is the one task I have actively dreamed of performing for my entire life.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I started doing something similar, After exams I plan a stay in a city I have't been to before and usually just go round exploring, I make sure to do research and have back up plans for things to do if I do get bored though. But yeah this sounds fun, when I learn how to drive and get a car I'll definitely do it!

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I think it's a great idea.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do this on a smaller scale, I live in a dense and (sometimes) beautiful city and I occasionally walk and get lost for a Saturday. It's fun, and it's a good way to discover new things.

You should do it. :)

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Absolutely! Go for it and have fun! I love doing this kind of thing.

When I first moved out here to the PNW, I did this. I rented a car and they offered us a GPS...I told the kids, "We don't need no stinkin' GPS" (okay, I cheated and looked at google maps before we left). Then we headed out the door and explored the outer edge of the Olympic Peninsula. No map and had no idea where we were but it was great! We've done a few more trips like that.

I did this all the time in Florida but I know my way around that entire state pretty well so...

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Definitely. I really want to get in my car, drive really far away, take the freeway, listen to my favorite music all the while, have fun... but I can't afford the gas and don't have the time. :( Otherwise I definitely would!

KitchenFly

Once in a blue noon I like to go out and be really social by naturally finding my inner ESFP function and enjoy the cruse of cognition.

There is something about Point: 7w6 energy that seems to open up and balance my nine ness and enables me to free up my inner triangle within the explicate of the would.

My Point Two plays a role in this action also, so I am thinking that the role of the subsidiary wings are important important for the Primary type personality,a Three or a Six or a Nine.

I have not done that for quite sometime but your post DreamBeliever has reminded me of that simple joy, stepping out side of my usual self another way of experiencing and viewing the would.

It's kinda like being a different person for a period of time with out being self conches of the activity orientation in action so to say.

I do like my ESFP expression ,thanks for the reminder, there is much about the esfp energy that is much about being open ended and-exploring , the freshness, it some what reminds me of this diagram.The Six Processes.
But with a portion less of a full expansiveness of. the depth of this diagram rick full meaning.

The Six Processes

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431642285.757307.jpg

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
This post reads my mind. Yes. In fact, if I had one day to do whatever I wanted, that's what I'd do. Of course, I have a learner's permit and not a license.

I have a huge case of wanderlust. As soon as I'm legally old enough, I'm taking myself on a grand world tour. :D

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I regularly do the same thing minus the car.