• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does this sound like Ne dom?

Destiny

A wannabe dog
Which functions have this habit of seeing things in shades of grey, understanding things from multiple perspectives, extremely open-minded and non-judgemental toward most things and situations that they encounter in life? There is no good or evil in this world, things aren't supposed to be that black and white, there is always lots of shades of grey in between everything.

Which function does this thinking style resemble? Ne dom?

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
Seeing shades of grey and acknowledging ambiguity are good indicators of maturity and self-awareness, but it makes sense that emphasising multiplicity of perspective is Ne dom.

As an Ni dom, I can express open-mindedness and non-judgment, but I also think these expressions are linked to Fe. It's like slipping into the role of therapist for someone else. It's Fe that allows me to don that suit. Fe is the portal through which I can empathise and try on someone else's skin. However, my core personal live and die by principles are airtight, unambiguous, and macro, which I attribute to Ni's preference for stepping back as far as possible. Ni's rightful place is always macro, Fe's is micro; if Ni-Fe is a camera, the closest thing would be a rangefinder ... maybe?

Anyway, I think you're right about it being Ne dom.

Destiny

A wannabe dog
Seeing shades of grey and acknowledging ambiguity are good indicators of maturity and self-awareness, but it makes sense that emphasising multiplicity of perspective is Ne dom.

As an Ni dom, I can express open-mindedness and non-judgment, but I also think these expressions are linked to Fe. It's like slipping into the role of therapist for someone else. It's Fe that allows me to don that suit. Fe is the portal through which I can empathise and try on someone else's skin. However, my core personal live and die by principles are airtight, unambiguous, and macro, which I attribute to Ni's preference for stepping back as far as possible. Ni's rightful place is always macro, Fe's is micro; if Ni-Fe is a camera, the closest thing would be a rangefinder ... maybe?

Anyway, I think you're right about it being Ne dom.

Thank you for your response.

I've been wondering about my type for the past few months, I thought I am INFP because I seemed to see Fi in myself, but I realized my thinking style is more of Pi/Pe dom rather than Ji dom.

So I am an Ne dom, this explains everything. Thanks! :)

And yes, Ni-Fe would be open-minded too, like they would be open-minded about people in general, because their Fe allows them to empathise with everyone, I remembered reading from somewhere that INFJs are the sort who is able to empathise with criminals because their Fe allows them to see things from the criminals' point of view.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Which functions have this habit of seeing things in shades of grey, understanding things from multiple perspectives, extremely open-minded and non-judgemental toward most things and situations that they encounter in life? There is no good or evil in this world, things aren't supposed to be that black and white, there is always lots of shades of grey in between everything.

What does it mean to see things from a multitude of perspectives in this situation? How do you see a multitude of perspectives? Do you have a recent example of where you've done this? The other stuff about being non-judgemental and open-minded are not related to any specific functions except perhaps as to why you value being this way. Seeing things in shades of grey again depends, what does it mean to see things in shades of grey? How do you see things in terms of shades of grey?

Destiny

A wannabe dog
What does it mean to see things from a multitude of perspectives in this situation? How do you see a multitude of perspectives? Do you have a recent example of where you've done this? The other stuff about being non-judgemental and open-minded are not related to any specific functions except perhaps as to why you value being this way. Seeing things in shades of grey again depends, what does it mean to see things in shades of grey? How do you see things in terms of shades of grey?

Multitude of perspectives means I am able to understand things easily from different perspectives. I am slow to come to conclusions about things, at least not until I've analyzed things from all the different perspectives. Like there is a rumor recently going on at my workplace about this guy being a huge player in love and dating multiple people at the same time and everybody were like bashing him behind his back, but I was thinking to myself, "Perhaps he is a player in love because he has been hurt by people before in his past?" I don't justify his playerish ways, but somehow, I can't help but to analyze this entire situation from a different perspective. I also can't help but to feel a little annoyed with the people in my workplace for being so close-minded. Just because someone is a player in love doesn't automatically mean they are a psychopath, there could be many reasons behind why they became that way.

Viewing things in shades of grey means that I don't believe in classifying things into categories, I prefer to keep an open mind about things.For example, I don't believe that people can be classified into "good" or "evil", this world isn't that black and white and there is often lots of shades of grey in between. Nobody in this world is 100% good or evil, there are times when good people do evil deeds and evil people doing good deeds.

Does my thinking style sound like an Ne dom?

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Multitude of perspectives means I am able to understand things easily from different perspectives. I am slow to come to conclusions about things, at least not until I've analyzed things from all the different perspectives. Like there is a rumor recently going on at my workplace about this guy being a huge player in love and dating multiple people at the same time and everybody were like bashing him behind his back, but I was thinking to myself, "Perhaps he is a player in love because he has been hurt by people before in his past?" I don't justify his playerish ways, but somehow, I can't help but to analyze this entire situation from a different perspective. I also can't help but to feel a little annoyed with the people in my workplace for being so close-minded. Just because someone is a player in love doesn't automatically mean they are a psychopath, there could be many reasons behind why they became that way.

Viewing things in shades of grey means that I don't believe in classifying things into categories, I prefer to keep an open mind about things.For example, I don't believe that people can be classified into "good" or "evil", this world isn't that black and white and there is often lots of shades of grey in between. Nobody in this world is 100% good or evil, there are times when good people do evil deeds and evil people doing good deeds.

No. This sounds like Ni. Specifically, I'm thinking INTJ over INFJ though I'm not surprised. The giveaway was when you expressed you tend to see things from a different perspective because you can see multitudes of perspectives. That's a property of Ni, not Ne.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=19552]Destiny[/MENTION]

“Most types rely on Introverted Intuition to contend with ambiguities of meaning and perception—that is, to see that a situation can be interpreted in more than one way. We may use it, for example, to acknowledge the possibility of both scientific and religious positions on life after death, or to deal with incompatible experiences of self and solidarity at work, at home, and among friends” (225).

Lenore Thomson's Introverted Intuition

Which seems to be what you were doing.

Destiny

A wannabe dog
[MENTION=19552]Destiny[/MENTION]

Lenore Thomson's Introverted Intuition

Which seems to be what you were doing.

This information is really helpful. Thanks! After reading this, I definitely identify with Ni more than Ne.

"INJs acknowledge many conceptual standpoints" and “Introverted Intuition moves us in the opposite direction. It tells us that changing our frame of mind can change the world." This part describes me so well.

big sexy

MBTI Type
INfP
Most of the descriptions made in this thread are way too general to apply to any specific type. I can see myself in a lot of what Destiny says and I am definitely an INxP. Not all traits are necessarily linked to type.

Cygnus

The detachment from systems of "good and evil" seems to match with a distaste for a Rational function, particularly Ji :)Fi: or :Ti:), hence, this aspect would probably best match up with Pi-dominance, either :Ni: or :Si:.

:Ne: is focused on seeing the potential energy in objects and making connections between the information they contain. In service to a Ji function, :Ne: could be made to ignore certain systems of order or ethics to benefit the endgame goals defined by their Ji; for instance, an ILE would ignore the internalized, subjective world "vision" as defined by :Fi: (his PoLR) in order to benefit the agenda of logical order and structure as defined by :Ti:, channeling this through his :Ne: to construct fully logical backbones in a debate; an IEE would ignore the logical systems as defined by :Ti: in order to benefit an egalitarian or idealized vision for the world as defined by :Fi:, and the proposals he made as facilitated through :Ne: would be open to any new idea that allowed this vision to come to fruition as long as it showed no hostility, regardless of how logically coherent it seemed in terms of :Ti:.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
I remembered reading from somewhere that INFJs are the sort who is able to empathise with criminals because their Fe allows them to see things from the criminals' point of view.

This is very true.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ

Reading the above with Entropic's comments, I can see how this could be Ni-Te. As Ni-Fe I agree with your thoughts and perspective, though I personally think and feel the good-evil axis and its dichotomy has relevance, both in theory and practise (emphasis on the latter). Classifications and pigeon-holing are simply useful methods of social organisation; they simply cannot be avoided when two or three or more gather. My Ne-dom friends react strongly to learning about this sort of organising. One friend called it "bureaucratic" and screws up his face with a look of such offense-taking.

For example, upon meeting someone new I experience an immediate impression of them and make a judgment that determines my future interactions with this person. In that moment I will categorise if and how this person fits into my social schema. This process is also two-fold: Ni-Fe receives the initial impression (1 fold), Ni-Ti makes the judgment and calls it (2 fold). My observations of self and other INXJs is that Ni-doms will be unhappy if this process is somehow bypassed/not reached/truncated, for whatever reasons.

On the other hand, I've noticed my Ne-dom friends to be exceptionally free-going and open-minded. And, in some cases, open-minded to the point of being fixedly open-minded. Like you can't close the umbrella because it's stuck open. One ENTP friend of mine has been back-and-forthing about his one childhood friend for the better part of two decades. One moment it's on, the next moment it's g'bye, then on, then off, then on, then on some more, still on, yes all is good, then out of 'nowhere' it's OFF FOR GOOD!!! but wait, no it's on again.

Ne-doms will often agree with, or appreciate, the Ni perspective, but the Ni has to bring it. I might have an idea or a hunch but get stuck with it: it feels like having a bud that refuses to bloom. But if I bring that bud to an Ne-dom, they'll be able to help me get it to bloom.

I think of Ne-dom as a flying, spherical lens; Ni-dom is more like Google Earth.

Raspberry_rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

definitely Ne dom. At least it describes me very well and my two other Ne dom friends.