• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

the best leader

SwimmerGal97

Which types make for the best leaders according to what you believe are the best leadership qualities

Nico_D

The Lost One
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Not me for certain. I don't like leading. I could do it for a while and be a fair leader but it's too taxing, especially to take in all the anger that comes with the territory.

So not probably any feeler. I don't know if introversion or extraversion makes any difference. More of thinking type and not too spontaneous. So ENTJ or INTJ?

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Any type can be a good leader with sources of good advice, a leader cannot lead if he/she does not listen and learn. So what good leader/advisor relationships are there?

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
ENFJs from what I have noticed.

Too bored to go into details.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I think INTJ's are the best leaders. However, the only downside is that they may not actually want the position of leadership. I think they're less tolerable of bothersome people. I believe INTJ's reported that they have the least satisfactory relations with people during public workplace.However, I think extroverted judges do well.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The best leader is one who is also able to be lead.

ygolo

My termites win
In my own personal experiences of bosses/leaders I've had...

The best leader of a group I've had was likely an ENTJ. Regardless of type, why I think he was good was:
1) He set clear direction for the group, and that direction was actually inspiring.
2) He was knowledgeable about the work being done, and could actually help out instead of just barking to go faster.
3) He took the time to understand his people.
4) He kept group standards high.

I think these are things any type can do.

I've had an ENTP boss who was similar too.

I should mention that the second worst leader I've had was also an ENTJ, but that's a topic for another thread.

avaxtskyr

MBTI Type
ISFP
One who leads by example.

I'm going to say either ESFJs or ENFJs.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Good leaders:

INTJ
ENTJ
ESTJ
ENFJ

Bad Leaders:
INFP
ISFP
INTP- Possibly can be good
ISTP- Possibly can be good
ESFP
ISFJ

Mediocre Leaders:
ESTP- arguably good
ENTP- arguably good
ENFP
ISTJ- arguably good
ESFJ
INFJ- arguably good

Most of its just a preference to lead. EJs are more likely to have both the organization, people skills, and outer world orientation to theoretically be the better leaders.

á´…eparted

passages
IMO any type can be a leader. No one type is going to be the "best", instead there will be different styles that people will either work really well with, or not work well with. That said there are some types that will be more likely than others to lead as they will be drawn to doing such things. I agree with the notion that EJ's tend to be drawn more than others.

ENFJs from what I have noticed.

Too bored to go into details.

There are several of us ENFJ's in my friendship circle and all of us in one way or another are regarded as leaders in one form of another (some formal, some in formal), and are seen as being very good at it.

Any type can be a good leader with sources of good advice, a leader cannot lead if he/she does not listen and learn. So what good leader/advisor relationships are there?

Yes. Leadership is not just about calling the shots, it's also about listening to feedback, interpreting it as needed, and learning from it. If you follow a strict formula that does not allow for accommodate if new information then the leadership will be poor, or fail outright. It's just as much about as letting the people group lead you to where you need to be to lead them.

The best leader is one who is also able to be lead.

And finally this. I have seen many people try to be leaders, who them themselves do not like being lead, are bad at being lead, or just hate being subordinate in general try to be leaders and they are almost always terrible at it. Luckily they usually don't last so long in these sorts of positions unless there is some provison (like tenure) that allows them to stay.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENFP 7w6 so/sx

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Some types are more naturally oriented to take a leadership position though. Some cringe in the spotlight, and some thrive in it. Sure people are different and there will be outliers, but generally some types are naturally more suited.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Got this from an afticle

In one study of 26,477 persons in a Leadership Development Program at the Center for Creative Leadership, the following percentage frequencies were reported:

1. ISTJ 18.2%
2. ESTJ 16.0%
3. ENTJ 13.1%
4. INTJ 10.5%

Clearly, there is a majority of Thinking and Judging preferences among leaders and managers. The structure and values of most organizations favor logical and decisive behaviors. It may be that Thinking and Judging behaviors have become the accepted definition of what it means to lead and people with these preferences are seen as “leadership material.”

Women in management positions sometimes show a greater percentage of Feeling types than in male management groups, but typically Thinking is the preferred type for a majority of these women (McCaulley, 1992).

View attachment Personality Types, Short V (1).doc

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think it really all depends on the cause/project. Ultimately you need someone who is passionate, compelling, and organized enough to function. I think just about any type could fit that tole given the right amount of interest and intrinsic motivation for success. For just general workplace team management, ExxJs are probably the most obvious choice. Simply because they are generally assertive and organized.

Tippo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm a high brow, running my own interests, looking for leaders to absorb responsibilities. I enjoy observing those around me excel.
I am ENTJ, gifted iq. Provided with and guided to success by caring parents. I am the ideal end result. I manipulated my life from the start thru method recognized applications, then studied as a degree. I'm aware of my higher intellect. I surround myself with INTJ persons mostly because I recognize fact based responses I then adapt post conversation. Everything I do is calculated, rarely being out-witted.
Any type can lead. Smart persons are of all types.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'd think any type could be good at being a leader if they were well developed. ENTJs and ESTJs would like it the most, but enjoying your position doesn't always make the best leader. If I had to pick someone to be a leader it would be either an ENTP or ENFP because they would usually be the least controlling and wouldn't be up our asses all the time. Obama is an exception though, he has done nothing right in his whole 6 years of being elected, and though he is ENTP, he is a very dictacting one. He probably developed his Fe way too much.