• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Political compass and MBTI

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Political Compass is the most legitimately biased political test I've ever seen. It throws almost every taker into the lower left corner. It says almost every politician is in the upper right. It seems to be seriously driven by a particular point of view.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.15

Exactly where Milton Friedman is in the lower right quadrant (lavendar).

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.15

Exactly where Milton Friedman is in the lower right quadrant (lavendar).

I was there when I went through my Ayn Rand phase. It passed, though, when I saw how well the scandanavian nations were doing. By the way, I forgot to turn on the poll. Sorry 'bout that!

Occam's Chainsaw

chart

Economic Left/Right: 2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03

Conservative Libertarian is generally correct. Negative liberty is essentially my political instinct.

INTJ

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Magic Qwan said:
It passed, though, when I saw how well the scandanavian nations were doing.

Bunch of mediocre nations; nothing wrong with that. One can live a very happy and mediocre existence, but greatness requires individual liberty and small(ish) government.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Bunch of mediocre nations; nothing wrong with that. One can live a very happy and mediocre existence, but greatness requires individual liberty and small(ish) government.
Yes, that is also true. I understand that to be winners, there must be a few losers. I also agree that you can get more rewards and incentives in a lavender government than in a green government, however, the question becomes how much inequality we can allow. Sure, some inequality is good--it keeps the economy flowing--but what about when you have mega-billionaires on one hand and people who can barely afford to eat on the other? There has to be a line somewhere.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
MBTI Type: ENTJ

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.54

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

chart

Huh. No wonder I hate Rush Limbaugh.

Hekie

MBTI Type
INTJ
Economic Left/Right: -9.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31

INTJ - Green

This interested me enough to bother joining/posting. I landed where I'd have expect, based on my politics. I can't see a poll sorry; probably just being a newbie. Thanks for the test link.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Economic Left/Right: -9.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31

INTJ - Green

This interested me enough to bother joining/posting. I landed where I'd have expect, based on my politics. I can't see a poll sorry; probably just being a newbie. Thanks for the test link.
Oh, I just forgot to put one. I make absent-minded mistakes like that. It's pretty much the basis for why I'm ADD-innattentive. Forgetful and distracted by the world inside my head, even as I fail to notice the world around me.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I score like -5, -5 or something. I agree that the test is supa bias

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Screen Shot 2015-05-26 at 7.24.01 pm.jpg

Those are my results, but this seems very bias, almost as if it's been created to form a very distinct dichotomy... Anyway, I do agree with a lot of Libcom/Libsoc philosophy so it seems to be fairly accurate.

LEGERdeMAIN

I was left-libertarian when I first took the test, but have gradually moved to bottom-center since then, which is somewhat accurate. It's a 2 dimensional political test in a multidimensional political world, so ofc it's not going to be spot on.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTP-ILE

I've always been a pretty strong Purple.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Economic Left/Right: -6.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.44
chart

People think I'm conservative these days just because I agree with the purple people on a few things.
As you can see, it's not really an accurate description of where I stand.

That being said, I'm tired of a lot of political discussions. I tend to stick to my principles, and prefer that to being buoyed this way and that based on the political whims of the moment. This usually means in a political discussion that nobody knows where to place me. I'm of the opinion now that politics is something that someone should not be discussed in a detached manner; it's just too risky that someone is going to misinterpret something I say and then lead a stupid crusade against me. Politics is conceived of by the majority of people who are interested in it as a team sport, and if you're not a team player, caution and prudence is important.