• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is excessive emoji use indictive of high Ne?

Nico_D

The Lost One
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, I don't use them. I like to trust that people can spot i.e. irony without eye-winking smiley following it. And if they can't, then the irony is already lost. As a writer, I also like to use words to express the emotions and all the smiley face is supposed to indicate. If I don't succeed, then I'm a lousy writer.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I chat with people who use them I end up using them. If not I don't. Its more of just something I pickup from being around someone. My Fe is weak, I am more likely to use emoji inplace of words instead of express myself emotionally.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah I am either ESTP or ENTP( leaning more on ESTP currently) and I use emojis excessively when talking to girls but use direct words with my guy friends. I think it is more of a feeler thing to use emojis on everyone and an ExTP thing to be emoji ridden and flirty with just entities of the opposite gender. Everyone else I'd imagine, especially NTJs would probably be direct and wordy with their online speech. Feelers will most likely be the same way in real life, showing a lot of emotion in their speech and normally being very animated while thinkers will pretty much keep a poker face on the whole conversation unless the conversation is interesting or they are around their friends, particularly meaning they woukd have to be in a good mood and not just a normal one. In conclusion, emojis don't really indicate Ne, they just indicate a strong feeling preference or that the person is just being a flirt.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can see an esfp and an estp have excessive use also. Of course the ones I know best are women. Maybe its mostly a female thing.