• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anyone else get mistyped often?

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am ENFP, but I'm always typed as a thinker by the people closest to me because I am an analytical feeler. I also often get typed SP by others because of my thrill seeking and adventurous attitude (which isn't limited to just Se users), and even my counselor who is a total whiz at puschology typed me as an SP because she claims that I mention facts more than possibilities, but really I'm just talking about facts because She's a counselor and everyone should talk about the facts if they want to get anything out if the appointment. Overall the most common mistype is ESTP, followed by ESTJ, and ENTP. I even got mistyped as ISTJ before by a Bachelor's degree holder that claimed that I was quiet and anxious. Quiet? ENFP's are one of the most imtroverted extraverts. Anxious? She claimed that because of my tapping on things in which I really do just because I am AD-HD and I am constantly having dome sort of song stuck in my head, and my imagination tells me I am actually listening to it, so I drum to what I am imagining. I was wondering if anyone else has been mistyped sometime in their life, how far off it was, and for what reason. I'm hoping this will start a reminder thread to make sure people on this forum don't make the same mistakes in typing.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some people mistype me as INFP or ISFJ. My first experience with MBTI tests scored me as ISTJ.

ENFPs can seem quiet at first with those that they don't know well enough. More Fi influence than Fe.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
No one I know cares much about MBTI enough to know how to type me.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah ikr? People are always mistyping INFJ's as ISFJ's and ISFJ's as INFJ's, which is why N's seem to make up 99% of the population when really it's the sensors that are dirt common. I
My brother is a perfect example. On any shorter test he woyld get INFJ, but when I made him take the 72 question mind boggler, he ended up as ISFJ. For a while I actually believed he was INFJ also because he trusts his gut and enjoys creative activities, but apparently he enjoys his senses just a wee bit more than he trusts his gut. Was the ISTJ typing resulted from a BS iPhone app, a pyschologist who doesn't know what he's talking about, an online cognitive function test, or an actual 60+ questionairre that gives you an in depth way of testing.
Some people mistype me as INFP or ISFJ. My first experience with MBTI tests scored me as ISTJ.

ENFPs can seem quiet at first with those that they don't know well enough. More Fi influence than Fe.

á´…eparted

passages
Kinda. At first glance I look like an ESTJ, but it doesnt take long to figure out that is not the case.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah from some of your posts I see on other threads, you do seem ESTJ, but then again I don't know you :p
Kinda. At first glance I look like an ESTJ, but it doesnt take long to figure out that is not the case.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No one I know cares much about MBTI enough to know how to type me.
Mostly this. I do have two friends who are familiar with MBTI. Upon learning of my interest in it, they both said, "You're an INTJ, aren't you?"

Online, it's only the people who don't know me well who mistype me. I suppose it's because I'm not as blunt or tactless as a stereotypical INTJ. They think I must be an F type of some kind. The reality is that I often struggle to choose my words carefully.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Ugh, I've been typed ENTP too many times on the internet. Irl no one cares as others above me have touched on.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I usually mistype as ISFJ because I'm very low-energy due to depression. Other than that no real mistypes. None of my friends care about MBTI so even though I'm always trying to get their opinions on my type, it's kind of pointless if they resist me :laugh: