• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] ESTP/ENTP who shows strong Ni?

Harizu

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Asked this on another forum as well, want to get as many opinions as possible.

I read many descriptions of Ni and how it works- and I can totally relate. I experience that sensation all the time, when you suddenly understand something without really knowing how you got there, as if a lighbulb was suddenly lit in your brain. And I rely on these gut sensations a lot.
The problem is, I am definitely not a Ni-dom.
And it's improbable that I'm an ENFJ, due to my pretty low Fe.
And I don't think I am an ENTJ (even though I've been mistyped as such), because I don't think I am a Te-dom.
As for now, I think I am either an ESTP or an ENTP. But the problem is: how can I be an ESTP and have a well-developed Ni? And I definitely use Se a lot. And I also use a lot of Ne, and Si is definitely my weakest function. But Ni is not in the stack of an ENTP.
At this point the only type I can think about is ISTP, but I don't think I am a Ti-dom (even though I have a strong Ti), and I am not introverted.
So, what do you think?

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Want my advice? Forget about the functions. They confuse more than help. Just tyoe yourself based on letter abd temperment, and then you can worry about the functions later when you see an actual mbti professional that can explain the functions in a way that doesn't use the stereotypes you find online. I used to have the same problem. I started out thinking I was ENFP, then I switched to ESFP, then ENTJ, then ENTP, then ESTP, I switched between the two ExTP types multiple times after that, then back to ExFP again, and that was all bevause I was relying on the functions to type and not my actual preferences. The functioms are presented in a way that is confusing online. There's probably 30 completely different explainations of each function, so then you wonder, "which one is true?" The truth is, the only truth you'll find is if you can go onto the official mbti site and somehow get something useful from that limited few sentences of explanation, or just go to an mbti professional and have them explain it to you. There's probably going to be many different views on the functions, some stereotypical, some mislead, especially on this forum, so I would advise you to just block out the functions, block out the past, and just determine your present preferences. It's the only surefire way to type yourself without professional help. And as for the S/N divide, ask yourself, Am I a dreamer? Or do I try to avoid fantasy and imagination? Do I prefer to be creative? Or do I just prefer useful activities? Do I prefer interesting ideas? Or applicable facts? Am I more impressed with receiving a tangible reward like money? Or do I want love and things that can't be given freely by another person or understood by the senses? If you answer 3 out of four of those questions one way, then you somewhat have a chance of that being your type. Btw, the first answers are N, the latter are S If that helps you distinguish them.
Asked this on another forum as well, want to get as many opinions as possible.

I read many descriptions of Ni and how it works- and I can totally relate. I experience that sensation all the time, when you suddenly understand something without really knowing how you got there, as if a lighbulb was suddenly lit in your brain. And I rely on these gut sensations a lot.
The problem is, I am definitely not a Ni-dom.
And it's improbable that I'm an ENFJ, due to my pretty low Fe.
And I don't think I am an ENTJ (even though I've been mistyped as such), because I don't think I am a Te-dom.
As for now, I think I am either an ESTP or an ENTP. But the problem is: how can I be an ESTP and have a well-developed Ni? And I definitely use Se a lot. And I also use a lot of Ne, and Si is definitely my weakest function. But Ni is not in the stack of an ENTP.
At this point the only type I can think about is ISTP, but I don't think I am a Ti-dom (even though I have a strong Ti), and I am not introverted.
So, what do you think?

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh and to add on to that, the first answer to the last question was actually S, typo there :p