• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ask an ENFP.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Pour your hearts out onto this unique and battle hardened ENFP with a very odd eneagram for his type. Savor the knowledge I can give about ENFP 783's. You can ask anything you want(of course if you ask the very deep personal questions I'm only giving you what I choose to give you). I will try to make my answers as short and to the point as possible. Go!

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Both this source and this source (the two I most often refer to) consider E7 the likeliest type for ENFPs. Why do you say you have a "very odd enneagram" for your type?

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I will try to make my answers as short and to the point as possible.
All of my experience with ENFPs would seem to indicate that this is an impossibility. ;)

Just kidding. Although that does lead me to my question. Do you find that talking aloud aids your thought process? Because I've found that to be the case with the ENFPs I know. And if so, why do you find it helpful?

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Would you say you have a gut-level inclination to give INTJs the doting and worshipful respect that they deserve?

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
To answer your questions [MENTION=23115]BadOctopus[/MENTION] and [MENTION=18736]reckful[/MENTION]

To be honest I always thought a 783 enneagram was the stereotypical ESTP. It is the most assertive and agressive type, pretty much making me a thor-like version of an ENFP. I figured ENFP's would normally be 724's or 729's.

Sometime I do like to think out loud simply because I just like to hear my own voice, besides a lot of heroes do it in the movies and I think it is a unique asset. If course I won't go talking up my thoughts during a test, people will think the test is doing more to me then just making me think. Lol

And about the INTJ part, I think I have an equal chance of impressing all girls. None! Of course, I have picked up a lot of ESFx online. I don't know what it is about my online persona that attracts sensors, but whatever. I guess they like my unique style and my creativity, something you often can't find in a sensor. As for INTJ's, I had a crush on one once, because they are so deep and mysterious, but I couldn't bring myself to approach her for anything besides a hello, because she was so beautiful and hard to get to know that I kept imagining really bad stuff, as I couldn't tell what she was thinking and I never approach a girl that doesn't like me.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're 7w8 sx, I'm 7w8 sx, we might get along great!
But here are my questions:

1. Do you think arguing is particularily fun?
2. Are you optimistic and enthusiastic, and how much?
3. What type is your girlfriend, if you have one?

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
1. I think a friendly debate is fine, until it turns into a cuss fest, then I won't be arguing, I'll be bashing the guy's head off with the nearest object.
2. I am optimistic most of the time, but I tend to be more of a realist. I am negative when things don't go right, but I am normally very optimistic. I am also enthusiastic about pretty mch anything that interests me, which is a lot of things. As long as I can get a decent convo going about the topic I can be very entusiastic
3. Don't have one, don't care, but my past girls' types are in the following order:
ESFJ?, ESTP, ESFP, didn't know her enough to type her, ISFP, ESFP, and xxFJ(couldn't figure out whether she was N or S). I have no idea how I ended up in relationships with so many SF's, I guess my options were full of them. There aren't that many N's that aren't already dating :p
You're 7w8 sx, I'm 7w8 sx, we might get along great!
But here are my questions:

1. Do you think arguing is particularily fun?
2. Are you optimistic and enthusiastic, and how much?
3. What type is your girlfriend, if you have one?

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
1. I think a friendly debate is fine, until it turns into a cuss fest, then I won't be arguing, I'll be bashing the guy's head off with the nearest object.
And this is what separates you from an ENTP.

2. I am optimistic most of the time, but I tend to be more of a realist. I'm negative when things don't go right, but I'm normally very optimistic. I'm also enthusiastic about pretty much anything that interests me, which are a lot of things. As long as I can get a decent convo going about the topic I can be very entusiastic.
Makes sense.

3. Don't have one, don't care, but my past girls' types are in the following order:
ESFJ?, ESTP, ESFP, didn't know her enough to type her, ISFP, ESFP, and xxFJ(couldn't figure out whether she was N or S). I have no idea how I ended up in relationships with so many SF's, I guess my options were full of them. There aren't that many N's that aren't already dating :p

Daaaaaaaaamn! 7 Girlfriends. You've been around, huh? well, good luck in finding your next victim-UHH-I-MEAN girlfriend. (where did that come from?)

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Victim,haha funny. Sometimes that's true, and sometimes even I'm the victim, if you look at it in an abstract sense [MENTION=24238]RandomINTP[/MENTION] . And girls aren't what they're cracked up to be, just bloodsucking mosquitoes that suck not only your time and money, but your dignity sometimes. Half those girls I didn't even like either, I was just younger and wanted to feel special, but it's not simply the girl that makes you feel special, it's who she is and what she feels that makes you feel special. Btw 7 girlfriends isn't that much, I have an ENxP friend that has had way more than that in a half a year, but to this day he is depressed and pathetic because he based his whole life on girls, which I don't.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Victim,haha funny. Sometimes that's true, and sometimes even I'm the victim, if you look at it in an abstract sense [MENTION=24238]RandomINTP[/MENTION] . And girls aren't what they're cracked up to be, just bloodsucking mosquitoes that suck not only your time and money, but your dignity sometimes. Half those girls I didn't even like either, I was just younger and wanted to feel special, but it's not simply the girl that makes you feel special, it's who she is and what she feels that makes you feel special. Btw 7 girlfriends isn't that much, I have an ENxP friend that has had way more than that in a half a year, but to this day he is depressed and pathetic because he based his whole life on girls, which I don't.

I see...
I've personally never had a girlfriend yet out of my own decision not to date because I have to concentrate more on preparing for my career as a lawyer.
I personally like to become a lawyer. You help people by arguing against other people while doing detective work to look for evidence and getting paid alot for it.

Another question (more personal): What's your job/career/occupation?

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
That sounds like a great career choice! I've always wanted to be a cop, because of the action and the mental challenge of investigation, but then after a took the mbti, I realized I am more suited for the careers that allow creativity, spontaneity, and frequent travel. I don't know what I'm going for yet, but it will probably something to do with the arts or psychology that allows me to pursue my own goals and experience action or travel ( a traveling entrepreneur, a private investigator, a journalist, etc) I think law is a great way to help people though, and I'm very good at convincing people, so I probably would've went into that field if it weren't for all the rules and regulations I'd have to follow in that specific career and that lack of spontaneity and travel. Sorry for the lengthy speech , I was just on a roll :p
I see...
I've personally never had a girlfriend yet out of my own decision not to date because I have to concentrate more on preparing for my career as a lawyer.
I personally like to become a lawyer. You help people by arguing against other people while doing detective work to look for evidence and getting paid alot for it.

Another question (more personal): What's your job/career/occupation?

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
That sounds like a great career choice! I've always wanted to be a cop, because of the action and the mental challenge of investigation, but then after a took the mbti, I realized I am more suited for the careers that allow creativity, spontaneity, and frequent travel. I don't know what I'm going for yet, but it will probably something to do with the arts or psychology that allows me to pursue my own goals and experience action or travel ( a traveling entrepreneur, a private investigator, a journalist, etc) I think law is a great way to help people though, and I'm very good at convincing people, so I probably would've went into that field if it weren't for all the rules and regulations I'd have to follow in that specific career and that lack of spontaneity and travel. Sorry for the lengthy speech , I was just on a roll :p

Talk as much as you want. Size doesn't scare me. I'll read it all, no problem! ;)
Though as a Defense Attorney, it's more spontaneous than you think.
They have their own office, and the clients could come in at any time, even at night, when you're sleeping, if you're not closed by then.
I think the best Defense Attorney by MBTI would be ENxP. The best prosecution would be xNTJ.
being a Defense Attorney is in fact a spontaneous job. the only plans you stick to, are when you go to court, or having appointments with your clients, but other than that, there isn't much planning going on as a Defense Attorney.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Really? I thought being a lawyer involved strict schedules and a ton of rules. It may be a good career to consider, I'm going to a career counselor in about a week, she could help me decide. So far I'm open to any career where I can meet some decent people, think creatively, and move around/exercise my spontaneity. Especially a career full of action and travel, like the FBI, except they don't own you.
Talk as much as you want. Size doesn't scare me. I'll read it all, no problem! ;)
Though as a Defense Attorney, it's more spontaneous than you think.
They have their own office, and the clients could come in at any time, even at night, when you're sleeping, if you're not closed by then.
I think the best Defense Attorney by MBTI would be ENxP. The best prosecution would be xNTJ.
being a Defense Attorney is in fact a spontaneous job. the only plans you stick to, are when you go to court, or having appointments with your clients, but other than that, there isn't much planning going on as a Defense Attorney.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All of my experience with ENFPs would seem to indicate that this is an impossibility. ;)

Just kidding. Although that does lead me to my question. Do you find that talking aloud aids your thought process? Because I've found that to be the case with the ENFPs I know. And if so, why do you find it helpful?

*swoops in on broom*

Yes, it does. Sometimes I get really good "a-f'ing-ha" moments from talking aloud. I look at my listener and say, "I'm just as surprised as you!" I have no idea why this happens. It's like verbal/mental weaving and a pattern will take shape as I speak.

It also happens to a lesser degree when writing. It's better if I'm actually writing rather than typing but I type more since I have RA.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Look who decided to join the thread! Welcome fellow ENFP. I've got a question for you. What is your ennegram? What do you want most out of life? And would you prefer great famine or an all out medieval age tech war?
*swoops in on broom*

Yes, it does. Sometimes I get really good "a-f'ing-ha" moments from talking aloud. I look at my listener and say, "I'm just as surprised as you!" I have no idea why this happens. It's like verbal/mental weaving and a pattern will take shape as I speak.

It also happens to a lesser degree when writing. It's better if I'm actually writing rather than typing but I type more since I have RA.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Really? I thought being a lawyer involved strict schedules and a ton of rules. It may be a good career to consider, I'm going to a career counselor in about a week, she could help me decide. So far I'm open to any career where I can meet some decent people, think creatively, and move around/exercise my spontaneity. Especially a career full of action and travel, like the FBI, except they don't own you.

Nope, not for a Defense Attorney. There are schedules, in form of appointments, but YOU are the one making them, so you can really customize it how you want. You really should consider it, but first you should go to an actual defense attorney and see in how far this is actually true, since I'm not a 100% reliable source.
You probably know the infamous INTJ-ENFP relationship pairing, right? The INTJ would be the prosecution, and the ENFP would be the defense.
I understand why you thought it involved schedules that much, because it's like tnhat in the prosecution.
Js would be worse defense attorneys because they couldn't handle people spontaneously coming into their office, and not having a planned salary.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah I'm definitely adding that to the list of like 40 possible career choices. It'd probably be easier to become an entrepreneur though, you need a doctorates to become a lawyer but no degree necessary for starting a business, but hey I can use the extra schooling and bring myself to the fullest intellectual potential. The only problem is if college is as bad as high school, that I wouldn't be able to put up with it for 8 years. From what I hear from other ppeople though, college will leave high school in the dust on the awesome scale. Also from what I've read before, high school is suited mainly for SJ's, but once you get to college the teaching procedures are much more suited for N's as you have more opportunity to think outside the box. I hope that's true, because I'm sick of putting up with a place where SP's dominate phys ed and SJ's dominate the brainy subjects. It might be a stereotype though idk, I've seen a lot of NJ's put up with high school, but then there's the fact that I'm NP. I guess I'll stand at the fact that sensors and judgers enjoy high school more than Ne users.
Nope, not for a Defense Attorney. There are schedules, in form of appointments, but YOU are the one making them, so you can really customize it how you want. You really should consider it, but first you should go to an actual defense attorney and see in how far this is actually true, since I'm not a 100% reliable source.
You probably know the infamous INTJ-ENFP relationship pairing, right? The INTJ would be the prosecution, and the ENFP would be the defense.
I understand why you thought it involved schedules that much, because it's like tnhat in the prosecution.
Js would be worse defense attorneys because they couldn't handle people spontaneously coming into their office, and not having a planned salary.